Tom Lees

Guest Arcadianrocket

3 minutes ago, fingyfop said:

Hunt is a pretty decent right back, does so much work up and down the line too, often gives us a man over in attack, final ball can be lacking but he's improved on that in the past season or so, good cross for the first today.

Hunt is some athlete, I'll give him that, but he must improve his crossing

That's the second time this season we've scored off one of his crosses, the other was Winnall's diving header in front of the kop

For a player to get in good positions so many times, but have a very low cross completion ratio is not good enough

He got in a great position in our last game, but chose to shoot when Clare was stood unmarked a couple of yards away

If he could find that killer ball more often he'd be some player

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

12 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

2 or 3 decent crosses a season , lost the ball on the edge of our box nearly cost us , gets a nose bleed when in the opponents area , scored 1 goal in his career ( I think ) 

Not for me 

Wasn't it Reach who lost the ball on the edge of the area?

1 minute ago, TINKERBELL said:

Fernando is the 1 who could attract intrest if he comes back fit and ready 

He is 1 I want us to keep in the summer 

I think he will be sold if we get a big offer

I don't want him to go because he is a match winner

But we need money to help with FFP

We've wasted too much money on bringing in ex premier league players with no sell on value, looking for a final payday

1 hour ago, AracdianDreamer said:

It's not surprising that being the unassuming, humble and get on with it type of character he is, he goes under the radar.

We have been painful to watch for the majority of this season, least not in defence. We have been suspect all season, especially during the absence of Tom Lees.

When we signed Tom Lees we were much a side as we are now. In his first three seasons at the club we equalled the clean sheet record every season, a great achievement in the side under Gray.

So whilst we all, and rightly so, take delight in Hutchinson returning, remember we have now taken four points from 6 since our captain Tom Lees has returned.

As in character he's snuck quietly back in to his role as our backbone and because of that we now have a backbone. Well played Tom Lees. I will be having a pint for you tonight.

A performing Tom Lees is a massive plus for us and is one of the best defenders in this league when on form. Along with Westwood, Bannan and Lee he is easily one of our best transfers of the past decade. 

Although in the aid of balance it should be pointed out that Tom did come back against Ipswich (albeit not as captain) and in those 3 matches we've conceded in the last 10 minutes in all of those 3 games (2 being headers less than 8 yards out) losing 3 points and that could have been a further 2 today had it not been for Messi on stilts; so there is plenty of room for improvement. 

This international break comes at a great time for everyone at the club, I expect us to be performing much better at the back once Jos has had decent time on the training ground. 

Definitely good to see him back.

Obviously, there are numerous things we need to improve next season but a priority for me is reducing the number of scoring opportunities we afford the opposition.

This has been an issue for several seasons and the fact that we got away with it in CC's first two seasons in charge is partly why we are where we are now. We've defended well or bravely at times in that period but even when we've recorded clean sheets we always afford the opposition too many chances. Hopefully it's something we can address as players return and JL gets more time to make a mark.

PS. I was always happy winning games 1-0....... lol

Just now, TINKERBELL said:

We won't really know how close to FFP untill the breakdown of it is revealed 

We could be miles away from it 

From the last steering group meeting it appeared that we are dangerously close to it, from the write up it almost seemed that Chansiri was preparing for the sanctions. 

Fernando is the obvious player that could attract interest although given his injury and lack of games this season it may be limited, the one to watch in the summer is Hooper, one year left on his deal and at his age he could fancy one more crack at the prem. I can see a team in the bottom echelons of the prem taking a punt on him and I wouldn't blame him for wanting a last decent move. If Hooper had've remained injury free he'd have already been a Premier League player, the guy is pure quality. 

5 minutes ago, fingyfop said:

Wasn't it Reach who lost the ball on the edge of the area?

He did but Hunt did as well as did Pudil 

we need better in our flank areas 

With Baz and Hutch back we can afford to play Reach at LWB , personally I would give Joey a run on the right , He is as much of an athlete as Hunt but much better with the ball and can have a go at goal which Hunt cannot 

3 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

He did but Hunt did as well as did Pudil 

we need better in our flank areas 

With Baz and Hutch back we can afford to play Reach at LWB , personally I would give Joey a run on the right , He is as much of an athlete as Hunt but much better with the ball and can have a go at goal which Hunt cannot 

Fair enough. For me Joey has a good shot but he's very poor on the ball when pressured, I'd rather keep Hunt there, hopeful Reach can play LWB now too though.

12 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

We won't really know how close to FFP untill the breakdown of it is revealed 

We could be miles away from it 

If you think that then you haven't been paying attention

We've lost somewhere in the region of 30 million in two seasons, and that doesn't include the Rhodes signing

We're expected to lose over 20 million this season, which will take us at least 11 million over

These players like Lees coming back from injury might well turn in performances better than we have seen from them for a while .

Several , including Lees, were playing with injuries before so if they are now 100% fit we might see them doing better 

1 hour ago, AracdianDreamer said:

The fact that this is 100% correct, unfortunately is further demonstration of the errors in recruitment.

All three here before the Carlos era. 

It begs the question if SG had been allowed to carry on in his job and got to spend that 30 million plus, would we be in the PL now? 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, fingyfop said:

Fair enough. For me Joey has a good shot but he's very poor on the ball when pressured, I'd rather keep Hunt there, hopeful Reach can play LWB now too though.

That’s why I think he would be better wider you have the touch line one side so everything is in front of you , Kieron Lee is also Taylor made for the position 

2 hours ago, AracdianDreamer said:

It's not surprising that being the unassuming, humble and get on with it type of character he is, he goes under the radar.

We have been painful to watch for the majority of this season, least not in defence. We have been suspect all season, especially during the absence of Tom Lees.

When we signed Tom Lees we were much a side as we are now. In his first three seasons at the club we equalled the clean sheet record every season, a great achievement in the side under Gray.

So whilst we all, and rightly so, take delight in Hutchinson returning, remember we have now taken four points from 6 since our captain Tom Lees has returned.

As in character he's snuck quietly back in to his role as our backbone and because of that we now have a backbone. Well played Tom Lees. I will be having a pint for you tonight.

Made a difference from his comeback game, well done tom, ime having more than a pint for you tonight

15 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Tom is a leader. Could tell against Bolton. Honestly think he will bring best out of van aken

IMO that;s the only aspect to his game he lacks. In no way is he a leader, just a brilliant defender. He hasn't got the necessary personality to be a true leader. Reach is a much better shout in this regard and Hutch even more so if he wasn't so injury prone. 

8 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

If you think that then you haven't been paying attention

We've lost somewhere in the region of 30 million in two seasons, and that doesn't include the Rhodes signing

We're expected to lose over 20 million this season, which will take us at least 11 million over

I thought we'd lost about 20 million in the last two seasons? 

Needless to say, we will be very close to FFP if not over. 

Just now, TINKERBELL said:

How much have QPR paid yet

Big fat zero if I understand right 

I'm not suggesting it will be a bad thing, given how much we have tossed away with our dreadful recruitment...