Tom Lees

Guest Arcadianrocket

Guest Arcadianrocket

It's not surprising that being the unassuming, humble and get on with it type of character he is, he goes under the radar.

We have been painful to watch for the majority of this season, least not in defence. We have been suspect all season, especially during the absence of Tom Lees.

When we signed Tom Lees we were much a side as we are now. In his first three seasons at the club we equalled the clean sheet record every season, a great achievement in the side under Gray.

So whilst we all, and rightly so, take delight in Hutchinson returning, remember we have now taken four points from 6 since our captain Tom Lees has returned.

As in character he's snuck quietly back in to his role as our backbone and because of that we now have a backbone. Well played Tom Lees. I will be having a pint for you tonight.

Edited by Arcadianrocket

1 hour ago, AracdianDreamer said:

It's not surprising that being the unassuming, humble and get on with it type of character he is, he goes under the radar.

We have been painful to watch for the majority of this season, least not in defence. We have been suspect all season, especially during the absence of Tom Lees.

When we signed Tom Lees we were much a side as we are now. In his first three seasons at the club we equalled the clean sheet record every season, a great achievement in the side under Gray.

So whilst we all, and rightly so, take delight in Hutchinson returning, remember we have now taken four points from 6 since our captain Tom Lees has returned.

As in character he's snuck quietly back in to his role as our backbone and because of that we now have a backbone. Well played Tom Lees. I will be having a pint for you tonight.

If Carlos had brought in a central defensive partner for Lees after the loss at Wembley, like most people knew we needed, things might have been very different now.

Edited by HOOTIE AND THE SHIT TU

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

4 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

If Carlos had brought in a central defensive partner for Lees after the loss at Wednesday, like most people knew we needed, things might have been very different now.

How costly has that one glaringly obvious error been to us!!! I can't dwell on it makes me as angry as the Huddersfield Play Off..... I'm gonna add that I believe CC did want that player though!! 

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1

Guest Arcadianrocket

Second season after the playoff final defeat. Had we signed that centre back and an excellent left back signed we would have gone up. We spent the whole season with Loovens and Fox/Pudil at left back.

Westwood, Hunt, Lees, Duffy or Chester, Bennett or better

Wallace (a season ago remember) Bannan Lee Reach

Hooper FF

Ideally you want a better winger then Wallace starting.

So from that playoff final we needed a centre back, left back and winger.

We signed Abdi, Fletcher, Rhodes for big money when arguably we did not need any of them.

8 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

If Carlos had brought in a central defensive partner for Lees after the loss at Wembley, like most people knew we needed, things might have been very different now.

Imagine if instead of £10million on Rhodes we'd have signed a partner for Lees, a winger with pace and a good defensive midfielder

Lees, Hutch, Nuhiu all brilliant today. 

Guest Arcadianrocket
1 minute ago, lancashireowl said:

Lees, Hutch, Nuhiu all brilliant today. 

The fact that this is 100% correct, unfortunately is further demonstration of the errors in recruitment.

All three here before the Carlos era. 

Guest Arcadianrocket
7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He's the best centre-half at the club and is so by a comfortable distance. 

Without doubt he is the best centre back in the league for me. I know we can be bias but I think at times we have only actually had two of the best players in the league for their position, Westwood and Lees.

15 minutes ago, AracdianDreamer said:

Second season after the playoff final defeat. Had we signed that centre back and an excellent left back signed we would have gone up. We spent the whole season with Loovens and Fox/Pudil at left back.

Westwood, Hunt, Lees, Duffy or Chester, Bennett or better

Wallace (a season ago remember) Bannan Lee Reach

Hooper FF

Ideally you want a better winger then Wallace starting.

So from that playoff final we needed a centre back, left back and winger.

We signed Abdi, Fletcher, Rhodes for big money when arguably we did not need any of them.

Why do people include Hunt ? 

car crash of a player 

4 minutes ago, AracdianDreamer said:

Without doubt he is the best centre back in the league for me. I know we can be bias but I think at times we have only actually had two of the best players in the league for their position, Westwood and Lees.

Sadly, if a decent offer comes in over the summer, he'll be sold. 

Guest Arcadianrocket
2 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

car crash of a player 

Most probably because from the team that started at Wembley Hunt was not the major issue.

Had we signed a partner for Lees, a left back and a winger, we would then probably been in a position to move Palmer on, move Hunt to back up and sign a stronger right back.

7 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

car crash of a player 

Hunt is a pretty decent right back, does so much work up and down the line too, often gives us a man over in attack, final ball can be lacking but he's improved on that in the past season or so, good cross for the first today.

Just now, fingyfop said:

Hunt is a pretty decent right back, does so much work up and down the line too, often gives us a man over in attack, final ball can be lacking but he's improved on that in the past season or so, good cross for the first today.

2 or 3 decent crosses a season , lost the ball on the edge of our box nearly cost us , gets a nose bleed when in the opponents area , scored 1 goal in his career ( I think ) 

Not for me 

Hi Tom, 

Do you prefer playing with Glenn or Daniel?

lol

In all seriousness, he is an accomplished defender at this level.

Guest Arcadianrocket
2 minutes ago, fingyfop said:

Hunt is not a major issue. We have far more pressing issues and always have.

Hunt has been our right back when finishing 4th and 6th.

The only question mark is, is he good enough for a top two side, which we expected to be in the race for this season, probably not.

Is e top 6 quality? Yes it's proven.

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

We don't actually know that, do we? 

An educated opinion SiJ, in view of the FFP debacle and likely forthcoming embargo. The club will have to raise cash from some player sales and Lees is clearly one of the saleable assets.