This 352 nonsense.

Just now, ramone said:

Its not 3-5-2 though... its 5-3-2 anti doesn't work

This. With a fit hunt on one side and Reach on the other we'd be ok but Reach is needed in the middle so we have to play Boyd or fox. Boyd isn't a wing nack and Fox is just terrible.

1 minute ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I'm really not sure what other options he had, though. If we'd held on for the 3 points, people might have (grudgingly) endorsed his line up and tactics.

plenty of options mate. We were playing Bolton at home. Could have gone 4-4-2 with the players we had in the team today easily. 

1 minute ago, ramone said:

plenty of options mate. We were playing Bolton at home. Could have gone 4-4-2 with the players we had in the team today easily. 

100% agree with this. Both Carlos and now Jos seemed obsessed with this notion of wing backs - we DO NOT have the players to play this system. 

Guest mkowl
6 minutes ago, ramone said:

Its not 3-5-2 though... its 5-3-2 and it doesn't work

I think it starts 3-5-2 then as the game wears on and we lose grip on the middle of the park it ends up going to the more defensive 5 at the back.

Watched from the South today having moved season ticket from the Kop and it doesn't half show how far the gap is between midfield and the front 2 at times.

Agree that it could be a good formation with the right players. 

9 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

We cannot play this formation. The defenders we have are not good enough coming out with the ball and the wing backs dont the have the legs. We are also far too narrow going forward. 442 fir me. 

Jos simply has no clue what to do!

We are a total shambles 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I think it starts 3-5-2 then as the game wears on and we lose grip on the middle of the park it ends up going to the more defensive 5 at the back.

Watched from the South today having moved season ticket from the Kop and it doesn't half show how far the gap is between midfield and the front 2 at times.

Agree that it could be a good formation with the right players. 

Played right, with the right instructions, its a great way to play. But when you go out with a negative mindset it instantly becomes a negative formation. 

Guest mkowl
Just now, ramone said:

Played right, with the right instructions, its a great way to play. But when you go out with a negative mindset it instantly becomes a negative formation. 

That is the over riding issue for the last 2 years. A negative mindset not we are going to go out and win this 2-0 or 3-0

Hardly a surprise that once results turned the confidence dropped

19 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

We cannot play this formation. The defenders we have are not good enough coming out with the ball and the wing backs dont the have the legs. We are also far too narrow going forward. 442 fir me. 

I said we should go back to 442 on the team against Bolton post.

It has to go back to 442 next week 

Team:

Wildsmith 

Hunt Venâncio Lees Pudil 

Boyd Pelupessy Clare Reach

João Nuhiu 

22 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I'm really not sure what other options he had, though. If we'd held on for the 3 points, people might have (grudgingly) endorsed his line up and tactics.

I think he definitely has the choice to play 442.

The defence wasn't the problem today, I actually think we will become more solid at the back especially if Hutchinson comes back into midfield.

The problem is we don't have the quality going forward!

It won't matter if we play 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 we will still won't have a clue how to create chances and break teams down!

Edited by jonnyowl

28 minutes ago, Loughborough Owl said:

I said we should go back to 442 on the team against Bolton post.

It has to go back to 442 next week 

Team:

Wildsmith 

Hunt Venâncio Lees Pudil 

Boyd Pelupessy Clare Reach

João Nuhiu 

^ just like Carlos never left ^

Regardless of whether we go 3-5-2, 4-4-2, 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, I think everyone needs to realise this team isn’t very good. It lacks leadership, pace, physicality and more importantly good footballers. The team that was put out today is a lower end championship side. Today’s bench is league 1.

I think the reason Jos is going with 3-5-2, which I actually think is more 5-3-2 is that he doesn’t trust the players and he wants us to make us hard to break down. He wants 0-0’s and 1-0 wins. We went 4-3-3 away at Bristol city and got mullered. 

3-5-2 is not nonsense, Its just the way Jos has to play it at the moment.We all saw what happened playing 4-4-2 in the last days of Carlos

With Bannan, Van Aken and Hutchinson now pretty close we have the players to use the formation properly

Van Aken is very good at bringing the ball out of defence

Hutchinson's drive and mobilty will stabilise midfield

Bannans skill and workrate will link midfield and attack 

Reach will hopefully add width by sorting out our left wing back position.

Our fans have such short memories. Most were crying out for 3-5-2 under Carlos, mainly because of the lack of pacy wide midfielders.

Just now, Blatter said:

3-5-2 is not nonsense, Its just the way Jos has to play it at the moment.We all saw what happened playing 4-4-2 in the last days of Carlos

With Bannan, Van Aken and Hutchinson now pretty close we have the players to use the formation properly

Van Aken is very good at bringing the ball out of defence

Hutchinson's drive and mobilty will stabilise midfield

Bannans skill and workrate will link midfield and attack 

Reach will hopefully add width by sorting out our left wing back position.

Our fans have such short memories. Most were crying out for 3-5-2 under Carlos, mainly because of the lack of pacy wide midfielders.

Good post!