This 352 nonsense.

1 hour ago, ramone said:

Its not 3-5-2 though... its 5-3-2 and it doesn't work

that's the danger, if you get your wingbacks pushed back you end up playing light in m/f, with a major amount of football played in your half of the field. you need wingbacks with an engine like sterland had, fit enough to run the opposition up and down the field till their lungs burst.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Regardless of whether we go 3-5-2, 4-4-2, 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, I think everyone needs to realise this team isn’t very good. It lacks leadership, pace, physicality and more importantly good footballers. The team that was put out today is a lower end championship side. Today’s bench is league 1.

Ain't that the truth......

9 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I think the reason Jos is going with 3-5-2, which I actually think is more 5-3-2 is that he doesn’t trust the players and he wants us to make us hard to break down. He wants 0-0’s and 1-0 wins. We went 4-3-3 away at Bristol city and got mullered. 

Exactly! Of course he can play other formations, but would they work? I honestly think 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 was about the best option with what we had available. If we'd held out for the win I think most of us would have accepted that.

But it's easy to be wise with hindsight.