Adam Reach

Guest Kagoshimaowl

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

He was poor today but he’s been excellent for most of the season.

Clearly there are a few who just can’t wait to lambast him.

Id have brought him off 10 mins from the end and put Jones in there

He has been one of our better performers due to his effort and the fact he is the only 1st team player that has stayed fit but to say he has been excellent is stretching it isn't it? How many goals has he scored, how many assists has he got? You could say that's down to those around him not being good enough but how many chances has he created that others have spurned?

Don't get me wrong, I like Reach and think he should be a good squad member to have for years to come but if he has been excellent then the standards we expect must be pretty low. He has taken more responsibility and doesn't give in, keeps trying to the end but his quality in possession has not been excellent.

10 minutes ago, ramone said:

George Boyd... Don't even get me started with him. He played 36 games in the Premier League for Burnely last season plating Left Wing. We get him and stick him at full back (yeah, full back because ours aren't wing backs). One thing that got me is how unfit he looks. I thought fitness and good set of lungs was what George Boyd was about!! 

The only thing about Reach going to full back again is the fact he neshes challenges all the time. And as you said previously, if we are going to persist with the 5-3-2 you have to have someone with good delivery as its your only source of width. Neither Reach or Hunt can cross a ball. Upgrades needed for both sides if we play this system

We have need a decent left-sided full-back since Pudil's legs started to go in terms of getting up and down the wing for 90 minutes. He was a great overlap for Forestieri cutting inside in the first season. I think Reach's crossing ability has improved since his early days with us when he looked nervous and he did create more chances from out there in the first half of the season, I agree his tackling would make him a liability as left full-back but his game is better suited to getting up and down the line than a midfield playmaker.

Really don't know what to say about Boyd other than his current role shows up the lack of recruitment for the right positions.

17 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

He looks great to the untrained eye.

Jumping out of 50/50s, ducking out of headers, he is one of the reasons we are so easy to play against.

Reach got lucky signing for us, if he hadn't he would be out on loan in League One from Boro getting kicked to pieces.

100s of players like Reach didn't make it in the pro game because they lacked application, like I say he got lucky.

There you go......A straw man argument put in place to deter folk posting their opinion....

Absolute b.llx

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

We have need a decent left-sided full-back since Pudil's legs started to go in terms of getting up and down the wing for 90 minutes. He was a great overlap for Forestieri cutting inside in the first season. I think Reach's crossing ability has improved since his early days with us when he looked nervous and he did create more chances from out there in the first half of the season, I agree his tackling would make him a liability as left full-back but his game is better suited to getting up and down the line than a midfield playmaker.

Really don't know what to say about Boyd other than his current role shows up the lack of recruitment for the right positions.

You're right. This summer needs to be one where we have a plan.

If you ask me it starts with a new manager. One that strong enough to identify how he wants to play and sign players to fit that remit. Boyd play LB reeks of how poor our recruitment has been. Ironically, since Doyen weren't involved. Imagine that

Edited by ramone

28 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

He looks great to the untrained eye.

Jumping out of 50/50s, ducking out of headers, he is one of the reasons we are so easy to play against.

Reach got lucky signing for us, if he hadn't he would be out on loan in League One from Boro getting kicked to pieces.

100s of players like Reach didn't make it in the pro game because they lacked application, like I say he got lucky.

So all players who don't tackle like Sammy Hutchinson shouldn't be allowed to play football?

He brings alot more to the table than anyone else in our current first team. Head and shoulders our best player. 

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

So all players who don't tackle like Sammy Hutchinson shouldn't be allowed to play football?

He brings alot more to the table than anyone else in our current first team. Head and shoulders our best player. 

You need "eye training " mate......

2 minutes ago, HubristicClapper said:

If anything I would say Reach has been unlucky with us.   He's been here, there, the other and not really had chance to nail down any particular position.

he's been reight lucky wiv dodging "Untrained " eyes apparently...If Sgt Wednesday had copped him, at any of the professional clubs Sgt Wednesday had been at

Reach would be a tram conductor now............

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, s6 owl said:

He doesn’t look good though. He runs about a lot but bottles it when it matters and clearly isn’t willing to put his body on the line for this club.

He is one of very few players who actually want the ball right now and isn't afraid to try and do something with it while he has it.

Tackling isn't and will never be his area of strength but he has demonstrated a huge amount of mental strength when others have really been struggling.

• Thanks 1

Reach never has and never will go in hard it's not his game. He will run his socks off and never give in. If you want someone to blame then look at the technical area which for the majority of every game is empty. Our so called manager needs to start acting like one and encourage the players to perform when heads are down, he's the problem.

Guest Theboylangers

Reach has definitely been better this season. I think anyone suggesting we should build a side around him is well wide of the mark. 

46 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

He is one of very few players who actually want the ball right now and isn't afraid to try and do something with it while he has it.

Tackling isn't and will never be his area of strength but he has demonstrated a huge amount of mental strength when others have really been struggling.

How? By running around a lot?

4 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I don’t care what anyone says and you can even bring back the negs if you like, but Reach is GARBAGE in the middle.  I’m sick of seeing him namby pamby around.  His one major strength is running with the ball and getting crosses in.  He runs around like headless chuck in the centre.  For the love of god, get him at wing back before it’s too late.  He was our POS before he was moved to the centre.

I don't rate Reach beyond being a squad player, but I agree. Play left wing/back but not central. Not good enough. Almost Carlosesque putting him in middle.

3 hours ago, GEE said:

our fans are deluded!! Reach is one of our best players this season, had a couple of bad performances and everyone thinks hes crap, get a grip!

Reach is our best player this season but only because the main guys are injured. Reach is just above crap but he's the best of a bad bunch at the moment.

2 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

No mate.

The f****n morons who couldn't see a decent footballer while they've got a hole in their ar**s.

A player who has started just about every game, who constantly looks like the only player who is going to create anything. The only player who constantly looks to go forward. The player whose thought process is 2 seconds in front of other players. The player that must be so far in front in the player of the season stakes they may as well give it him now.

If any player in our squad deserves being cut a bit of slack, who may be slightly jaded after playing every game bearing in mind the ground he covers during them, it's him. 

But no, the "realists" want to destroy him, just like the "realists" offer no positives, just mind numbing negativity to do with everything linked to the club.

"Understand football"!!!

Yeah right!!! 

Crap tackler though isn't he. Spineless. And creates nothing. NOTHING. Wouldn't meet you in the NBT for a fisticuffs to discuss things though. He'd meet at Hillsborough Park because it's about 80/20. But he's fine because he runs about a lot. Glad he's  already player of the season. Probabobobably why we are so crap? Clap clap clap.... yawn.