FAO Katrien Meire and SWFC

46 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Definately won't be going woodhead or snake. Hoping M62 is open.

Don't go that way either Farrell, I live in the peaks there is no safe trains pennine route, I would advise anyone going cross country to either go A623 calver/tideswell/peak forest or go down to Derby and head A38 rest of derbyshire is biblical

• Thanks 2

Been in Bristol since Thursday to visit family and roads etc are fine here, safer than Sheffield when I left. M5 on the way was down to 2 lanes though and a little dicey Thursday evening. But to anyone on there way you’ll be fine once you get to Bristol.

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

Funnily enough I’m off to Manchester airport at 5am. My plan was the M62. Surely the likes of Calver and Tideswell etc will be snowed under. 

No you will be fine vulva, that's my manor, the farmers have been at it for two days and the road is fine, an odd abandoned car to watch out for and its a bit dicey on the bad bends about a mile past tideswell other than that not a bother I went along last night

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

It's plain wrong for this game to be on considering the conditions.

Are both clubs going to guarantee the safety of supporters travelling home tonight ?

People have been stuck on motorways overnight this week ffs.

Last night my route from man air back to sheffield was down m6 to A500 (stoke) A50 to Derby - A38 to J28 M1.

Snake, Woodhead and M62 was all shut.

I was on the M62 early hours thursday morning about 2 hours before it was shut and it was atrocious, cars and trucks sliding off everywhere but mainly down to going to fast...especially trucks!

M62 has reopened today.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

Last night my route from man air back to sheffield was down m6 to A500 (stoke) A50 to Derby - A38 to J28 M1.

I was on the M62 early hours thursday morning about 2 hours before it was shut and it was atrocious, cars and trucks sliding off everywhere but mainly down to going to fast...especially trucks!

M62 has reopened today.

Do you leave your meter running when stuck for hours on the motorway in these conditions?

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, Shot down in flames. said:

Don't go that way either Farrell, I live in the peaks there is no safe trains pennine route, I would advise anyone going cross country to either go A623 calver/tideswell/peak forest or go down to Derby and head A38 rest of derbyshire is biblical

Thanks.

Going to Leeds though, so that seems a hell of a detour 

lol

3 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

M62 has reopened today.

Sounds horrendous. Hopefully now M62 is back open I'll be ok. Emptied the hotel mini bar into my case, so I'm ok provision wise.

lol

Got down to Bristol yesterday M6/ M5 no fuss at all. Have a nice night out in Brizzle last night and watched the dirty Leeds get hammered. Will everyone stop trying to get the match chuffing postponed!!

:carlosswfc:

58 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

I can see class action lawsuits from supporters against Bristol if there are injuries due to the conditions.

Madness.

Surely they would be thrown out of court on the basis that just because you have a ticket, it's still your choice to travel? #devilsadvocate