How about.....

42 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

right as some know I fall into the category that Asteener is talking about and had to rely on owlstalkers to help me out a few years ago ,and they did even though I didn't ask and never expected them to  either , that said doing this would mean so much to people who struggle day to day and you wouldn't believe the gratitude and humbleness (if that's a word) happiness ,tears and all sorts of feelings it puts a person through ,I am lucky in that sense I have been there  and had the tee shirt , the joy the tears and the humbleness all happen'd  and the gratitude I felt  to fellow owlstalkers was off the scale ,  that said ,I can't contribute financially as my position in life stops that, but I can paint as you know so if this goes ahead I will do my last Wednesday  painting to sell towards this great scheme , , not for myself but for others who will benefit from this great idea ,The offer is their folks do with it what you will ,

Best regards 

Trev 

You epitomise what's great about our fanbase trev.

Good on you

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

All us Owls fans who are able to ante up for the season tickets this coming season....Throw a tenner in....to help the less fortunate Owls fans?

I dunno how it could be arranged...how it would be means tested..or whatever..but Ive just read a post by a bloke who can afford to get his lad a season ticket, but can't ante up for himself every week..

I mean what the f.ook have we come to?

It strikes a chord with me, cos I was worried sick that I wouldn't be able to afford one this year...me lad was struggling to afford one this year...Luckily, due to no ridiculous price hikes ..we can...

but not every bugger can.

I can imagine how I would or probably eventually will feel when the day comes i say..."Ho hum..thats that then"..must be crushing...

so the people your talking about are the ones that want a season ticket but cant afford one.

if season tickets were i dont know lets say £150 they would buy?

could do a pyramid scheme thingy were everyone whos priced out puts £150 in and tries to get a few others to do the same,

advertise it and as people join you climb up the pyramid, whats a kop ST cost for 1 year? £450? so for every 3 people that join one person gets a ticket. 

even if its £100pp one will get a ticket for every 5 that join.

when it dries up have a crowdfunding page or somert to add the money for the last few.

i think its a crap idea but its a suggestion to your question!

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

We have a ground that has thousands of empty seats most home games...Its not gonna change much next season.

You look at the debates on here, and its obvious some Owls fans can't afford it....

Those of us who can are paying up..cos we can.

DC has more or less  stated that "Those of us who can afford it, are more or less holding it in trust for those who can't"..Thats patent bolo x and is a profound misundrstanding of Sheffield Wednesday fans....

I was dreading the season ticket prices, cos I thought they would be hiked and I would be priced out....It worried me more than f.ookin' relegation...honestly!

As it happened...They stayed the same...and the relief I felt at still being able to afford a season ticket...was bordering on f.ookin' pathetic....

It set me to thinking about how many Owls fans were worse off than me..and what in the name of f.ook were they thinking at the minute...

Sheffield Wednesday is not simply a football club...If it was..I'd be miles away from the place..Its a community..its an institution...its family..its a constant throughout our lives for the most part...

Even if there are just a couple of hundred who are disenfrancised by the prices....40...50..whatever the number..I simply thought...

A tenner to help those?

If you think its a ridiculous idea...fair enough...f.ook off out of it...

I happen to think we need to keep fans on board with actually attending...not the promise of...maybe one day you might be able to afford to come back again...

Maybe if you disagree with DCs principal of charging high prices and getting ‘entertaining football’ in return (like I do), then instead of giving him more money and incentive to continue with this policy, it would be better to do some form of low-key, peacekeeping protest instead? 

Just one that says thanks for the investment but we all want to see the fruits of it. 

1 minute ago, Mighty0wls said:

Maybe if you disagree with DCs principal of charging high prices and getting ‘entertaining football’ in return (like I do), then instead of giving him more money and incentive to continue with this policy, it would be better to do some form of low-key, peacekeeping protest instead? 

Just one that says thanks for the investment but we all want to see the fruits of it. 

Because I'm not only talking about DC;'s principle.....I'm talking about fans who who want to watch Wednesday and can't afford to..its got f.ook all to do with entertainment for some fans...its being there....

• Like 1