CHANSIRI - THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES....

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

....but is it now time to go?

Despite your dosh and our £49s, we are now regressing and below where we were when you took over and sacked Gray.

Sadly, I'm afraid you only bring cash and enthusiasm and if the money's run out, you may wanna consider an exit.  

As Wolves etc have shown , you need funds and and / or serious footy experience - or parachute payments- for Championship success.

While you are clearly keen , it aint enough (remember Vardy et al?).

From Doyen to disaster, via prices , poor recruitment, shirt debacle , 150 year heritage celebrations problems,  plus no DOF and wrong executive appointments, I'm afraid your strategy has clobbered us.

We either get big new funds now for quality players with big sell on potential (see Wolves), or we stagnate for years while kids come through (but think Hirsty).

Finally, for balance, yes first year was great but that bubble burst when we bought some wasters on £30 k per week. Thank you anyway.

It's now decision time for this great club and its community. Do the right thing.

Give your head a wobble and sort yourself out.  I think it’s time people like yourself went and supported Man City and Chelsea ....

Just now, @owlstalk said:

No need

which bits don’t you agree with and why?

All of it because I remember the  20 years before mr C  ..... I remember the two previous seasons that Chansri has been here ..... I know which chairman I’d rather have.  

Some people on this forum to me are just deluded. Thinking we have some right to be in the premiership..... and because we’re having ONE bad season under Chansri he should go ??? Like I said give your head a wobble and sort yourself out. 

3 minutes ago, Cheffield Waynesday said:

All of it because I remember the  20 years before mr C  ..... I remember the two previous seasons that Chansri has been here ..... I know which chairman I’d rather have.  

Some people on this forum to me are just deluded. Thinking we have some right to be in the premiership..... and because we’re having ONE bad season under Chansri he should go ??? Like I said give your head a wobble and sort yourself out. 

I haven’t made the original post in this thread mate 

I think saying Mr Chansiri should go is overdramatic but it’s clear we are in real trouble this season with our league position (and possibly past that with the wage bill)

A Chairman should never be beyond criticism

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Cheffield Waynesday said:

We have no right at all to win games and get promoted. But I think its not wrong to expect the club to be run properly on and off the pitch which it hasn't been.
Yes we can say its just a bad season these things happen with injuries etc. but get impression they will be more of chance fighting relegation next season then promotion with the way things are going.

Just now, SiJ said:

And yes I’m extremely concerned by everything I’m seeing right now - but I don’t think calls for the chairman to leave are going to help things. 

This club is on the brink of imploding. 

A cynic might auggest thats because of the chairman’s mistakes (and advisors)

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

A cynic might auggest thats because of the chairman’s mistakes (and advisors)

Nothing cynical about it. 

He needs to be held to account for this clusterf*ck. 

Still - I don’t think calling for him to leave is going to help right now. 

58 minutes ago, Dronowl66 said:

Different debate 

Carlos identified the targets Chansiri went and got them he has stated that times many , Doyen were one of his advisors ONE OF 

The worst thing DC ever did was get involved with those parasites Doyen. 

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Nothing cynical about it. 

He needs to be held to account for this clusterf*ck. 

Still - I don’t think calling for him to leave is going to help right now. 

Were having a bad season he sacked the Manager 

That's it 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Bit morre complex than that

It really isn't 

If were top of the league we would be looking at threads saying " eeeeee wernt that theeeer firework display brill and that dinner were great at ponds forge " eeees great that Chansiri bloke 

Mind you Neil you would probably be chirping that the gravy were crap and it was time to bring the Chairman to account 

To be fair after season 1 it has been a shambles since. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing,but saying that I had been very happy at the progression under Milan and with SG in charge, we were improving steadily each season while being financially stable and not having FFP worries and it may have taken a few seasons more, but between them would maybe have managed a top 6 finish. 

That said we took the gamble and while at the moment it's being a mess we do now seem to be heading back in the right direction off the pitch and hopefully when we get some of our more quality bodies back out on the pitch we'll see an improvement in results. 

Positivity and unity is key in down turns like this, so let's give Jos a chance and see where we go from here. 

46 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Where did Mr Chansiri come from then?

I said the worlds richest people, the type that Staveley can attract - Sheikh Mansour at City or the Reuben Brothers (apparently). Pie in the Sky stuff for Wednesday. As far as I’m aware Chansiri is not in that bracket. 

It amazes me how people can try and blame DC for our current situation. can't remember him missing a penalty, or having a poor game, we have got the strongest squad than any other era. It is not his fault that we have an injury list that would reegate most clubs.

7 minutes ago, Ian said:

Could you share with us how many times you've paid £49?...in fact has anyone on here ever paid £49?

Yes.  I don't understand the £49 reference either.  Looking just now at Villa tickets because an old friend is in the area that day and wondered about coming.  The price for a Kop ticket is £36.  That's steep.  On the other hand, that's not a price you'll be paying if you're a regular attender.

The nearest seat to us, quite near the back of the north is five back and fourteen along.  Until recently I could get seats next to me or right behind for most matches on the morning of the game, 

I'd personally make some tweaks to the pricing policy but quoting nonsensical costs does nothing for the argument