#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

Guest wilyfox

Enjoying the names we're being linked with. Marriott, Honeyman, Burke, and Reed are all of an age and potential that excites me. Beats has-beens looking for somewhere to grow old gracefully. 

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, Owl Rly said:

Question here: We would get a tribunal fee for Clare?

Yes. Under 24, and new deal offered on equal or better terms. 

54 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Enjoying the names we're being linked with. Marriott, Honeyman, Burke, and Reed are all of an age and potential that excites me. Beats has-beens looking for somewhere to grow old gracefully. 

Will be very surprised if we sign more than one or two players in this window and if we do then will probably be youngsters.  We will be going with what we have in my opinion.  If we get everyone fit we should be able to mount a serious attempt at a top six place.

This thread is going to be threadbare, I feel.  

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, Watson said:

Will be very surprised if we sign more than one or two players in this window and if we do then will probably be youngsters.  We will be going with what we have in my opinion.  If we get everyone fit we should be able to mount a serious attempt at a top six place.

Depends on how many squad-fillers we can shift. Too many passengers not pulling their weight at the moment. 

26 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Yeah, probably a dissapointing one!

I think people have to put things into perspective. He ain't worth multimillions. He's played 4 times, 2 decent games 2 poor games. Same with George Hirst but he hasn't even attempted to make the step up.. I honestly do not understand all the fuss about these two. One is because who is father is and the other, I don't understand all the attention he is getting.  If they don't sign lets put our attention to the young uns who do want to be part of SWFC.

7 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

I think people have to put things into perspective. He ain't worth multimillions. He's played 4 times, 2 decent games 2 poor games. Same with George Hirst but he hasn't even attempted to make the step up.. I honestly do not understand all the fuss about these two. One is because who is father is and the other, I don't understand all the attention he is getting.  If they don't sign lets put our attention to the young uns who do want to be part of SWFC.

The market is inflated, if a young English player has a good season he is worth six figures easily. 

Hirst probably could have played this season but there was a fall out there. We should’ve played him or sent him on loan to boost the tribunal fee

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

The market is inflated, if a young English player has a good season he is worth six figures easily. 

Hirst probably could have played this season but there was a fall out there. We should’ve played him or sent him on loan to boost the tribunal fee

That might be so, but with Hirst we are talking about a tribunal so thats a differnt animal. Clubs will pay inflated prices but I doubt if a tribunal would go down that road. I think if the club were in aposition to do so, Hirst would have played but without any concrete evidence it does appear it was either himself or is advisor(s) who decided he didnt play. Apparently he also refused to go on loan. Is he really the type of player/person we need at S6.

1 hour ago, Watson said:

Why?

13 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Why?

Due to FFP, DC can't spend as he likes and we already have the players in place to mount a serious promotion campaign. Most if not all the players should be fit for the new season.  Need Abdi and Matias to step up to the plate both possess the quality to do so.

Hope Jos lets the team play with a fair bit of freedom especially at home.  

Don't get me wrong I would like to see Wallace replaced with a winger who has real pace.  

Edited by Watson

3 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

No one is smaller than Kante. but I doubt anyone is better at what he does.

Jos thinks Reed is the player we need. Then i trust his judgement.

What makes you think Jos wants Reed? I suspect most of reports produced in paper and web pages are either agent driven or journalist making up story. I have absolute faith in Jos and I am delighted with what he has achieved. He is far better judge of player than I am but gave an honest viewpoint on what I had seen. Did you see him play for Norwich against us? He is definitely no Kante and any attempt at comparison is laughable.

27 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

That might be so, but with Hirst we are talking about a tribunal so thats a differnt animal. Clubs will pay inflated prices but I doubt if a tribunal would go down that road. I think if the club were in aposition to do so, Hirst would have played but without any concrete evidence it does appear it was either himself or is advisor(s) who decided he didnt play. Apparently he also refused to go on loan. Is he really the type of player/person we need at S6.

There has also been suggestions the club might’ve cancelled a loan whilst his future was undecided. That reduces the amount of evidence to present at tribunal where they estimate value based on games and goals and what open market would be.

I know tribunals are different which is why I think anything we get from them for Clare and Hirst will be dissapointing in comparison. They are usually worth six figures based on past cases but heavily laden with triggers so you don’t get much up front. 

20 minutes ago, Watson said:

Due to FFP, DC can't spend as he likes and we already have the players in place to mount a serious promotion campaign. Most if not all the players should be fit for the new season.  Need Abdi and Matias to step up to the plate both possess the quality to do so.

Hope Jos lets the team play with a fair bit of freedom especially at home.  

Don't get me wrong I would like to see Wallace replaced with a winger who has real pace.  

Abdi hahahaha my sides, stop it

18 minutes ago, Quist said:

What makes you think Jos wants Reed? I suspect most of reports produced in paper and web pages are either agent driven or journalist making up story. I have absolute faith in Jos and I am delighted with what he has achieved. He is far better judge of player than I am but gave an honest viewpoint on what I had seen. Did you see him play for Norwich against us? He is definitely no Kante and any attempt at comparison is laughable.

He probably don't want Reed as you say just paper talk. but I trust he will make the right call.

All I was doing with Kante is saying you can be really small and still be brillant even as a defensive holding player.

15 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

He probably don't want Reed as you say just paper talk. but I trust he will make the right call.

All I was doing with Kante is saying you can be really small and still be brillant even as a defensive holding player.

Also, in a way the Kante comparison is someway apt, 5 years ago at Reeds age, Kante hadn't set the world alight.

Also,not many kids in their early 20's are regulars in the Premier League these days. 

Which kind of also fits Jos' remit of Premier league u23 fringe players.

25 minutes ago, lukestheman82 said:

Also, in a way the Kante comparison is someway apt, 5 years ago at Reeds age, Kante hadn't set the world alight.

Also,not many kids in their early 20's are regulars in the Premier League these days. 

Which kind of also fits Jos' remit of Premier league u23 fringe players.

Exactly. 

So Reed ain't set the world alight at Norwich. Don't mean to say he won't for us.

Carlos couldn't get Nuhiu to either. 

Jos did.