Jos "We were solid"

1 hour ago, dnhc said:

once we have forwards and attacking midfielders back and fit in numbers, we may concentrate less on defence, we may conceded more, but we will score more, and win more.

if you inherit a boat with a leak, the first thing you do is mend the leak, not have a party on board.

That bit made me spit my cuppa out laughing for some reason :CEO:

Guest Copthorneowl

Jos has done brilliant to get no losses from the last few games with what he's had to work with.

Hes also rotated players so that more and more of the fringe players feel part and parcel of the squad that's great for team morale.  Let's hope we can now play with players full of ambition and fitter due to the new training regime and set up to go at the next two teams a bit more offensively.

2 hours ago, itsonmyhead said:

People need to remember the game at Hillsborough where we got dismantled, this is a massive step up from carlos’s Post match speech where he focused on their superiority. Jos is doing a top job, and as players return we will get better and better

That game was atrocious, we should have been 4-0 down at half time.

We didn't sound too solid last night on the commentary...that could just be Giddings though.

Got to be happy with a clean sheet away to 'Boro on a Tuesday night considering the ongoing injury situation.

With the next 2 games being against teams below us I'm expecting him to set up with more intent and a few goals and at least 4 points from them.

UTO

6 hours ago, dnhc said:

agree with only those 3 to compete against, and on present form mm ought to be in with a chance, IF he can't get in this side on merit, it doesn't bode well for him when all are fit.

I'll admit to writing him off last year to be honest. I think I even called him the blue Peter footballer made out of loo roll and sticky back plastic lol. As he was always injured, but with events coming to light maybe some of the "injuries" were a cover for Carlos just not using him,dont fully know but looks a different player now. 

I said I'd give everyone a clean slate and cast my  judgement at the end of the season, but fox, Rhodes, Butterfield and a couple of others just havnt impressed or improved since Carlos departure so far, I know it's early days but...... 

Aside from the minor miracles he's performed, with limited resources, I have a good gut feel about Jos.

Rightly or wrongly I've always rated managers who handle the media with a good measure of authority & confidence.

Jos has a calm, assured, intelligent manner which indicates, to me at least, that he's in control.

Doesn't get flustered by any question and why would he ? ..... He has a promotion recipe which has proven successful on 3 previous occasions and I wouldn't be surprised to see him to work through the gears and achieve this again in the near future.

More immediately we have a couple of winnable games coming up, will be interesting to see how we perform as our expectations of Jos and the team rise.

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It's very early days

I'm elated with the new manager so far if I'm honest. 

If we just get nil nil draws till the end of the season and avoid relegation then that would be fine for me as a basic requirement

It will all end in tears give it two years and the poor guy will be castigated for well anything really, Wednesday related.

10 hours ago, dnhc said:

once we have forwards and attacking midfielders back and fit in numbers, we may concentrate less on defence, we may conceded more, but we will score more, and win more.

if you inherit a boat with a leak, the first thing you do is mend the leak, not have a party on board.

Love this (if a little bit Carlosesque!) :luhukay: