Sheffield Wednesday finances, contracts and players. Grab a cuppa and listen to this.

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Totally disagree

You can see that for yourself by looking at the replies in this thread alone

Absolutely. There was a thread in the Boardroom section a couple of weeks ago where several fans were getting extremely worked up that terrorists like me were trying to destabilise the club and sow negativity. The denial, despite the evidence in the public domain, never mind that which can be discerned by logical reasoning, was staggering. Funnily enough, my treachery was brought up again just yesterday by one of the loyal devotees still evidently complimenting the emperor on his new clothes.

4 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Me neither mate..The only thing I would miss on SKY is the cricket, and even then Test match special is a better listen.

Its like climbing a ladder knowing you are only gonna get 14ft from the top..Whats the point of getting on the 10th rung?

To laugh at those on the 14th..To admire those on the 6th?

Maybe its an age thing

You watch the "Premiership years" on SKY..Its a long litany of folk scorin' against US for the most part!..bloody depressing apart from the odd Waddle/Carbone/Di canio pushin' a ref over

You listen to the radio and its a bloody remix of Wenger stayin' Wenger goin'....Jose is poutin' Jose isn't poutin'..A total soap opera of the same characters doin' the same thing, over and over and over again.

The games not a game anymore..its a bloody show

and you feel an absolute idiot for wanting to hear "THe Wednesday" on that sodding show you hate...but sadly..

You can't seem to help yerself lol

I think it was Bill Nicholson who said it? “The game is about glory”

We want to win. The pitch invasion, the players held aloft by the fans. We don’t want to think about what comes after...

However, it was a bit too negative that Podcast.

And also slightly superficial -yes, Brighton spent £245 million in lasy 8 years but most of that was FFP -free.

For example, new stadium and training complex.

Blimey , they bought Knocky for nowt virtually and a brilliant stopper from Blackburn for £2.2 million.

Those Brentford figure can't be right - their Moneyball strategy of buy cheap, sell high is real success (ask Villa fans- £10 million for that crap striker).

Basically, we gotta do a Hudders and appointing a German -trained manager is imitating them.

Let's hope Klopp loans us Sturridge.

16 hours ago, NYCOWL said:

I think it was Bill Nicholson who said it? “The game is about glory

We want to win. The pitch invasion, the players held aloft by the fans. We don’t want to think about what comes after...

Was Danny Blanchflower.

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom"

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Was Danny Blanchflower.

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom"

Brilliant. Think it’s from “The Glory Game”? Classic book

We have some good players already so it's not like we need to buy too many next season.

We will have to be more careful with further incomings to get the squad capable of promotion but it's very doable.

I think Wilders approach of bringing in young players from premier league clubs and players who were captains or the best players for their league one clubs is one that could work for us.

I want to see some players who have the hunger and confidence. The type people describe as winners.

We don't need to spend big money.

Not being able to throw money about could be a good thing.

5 minutes ago, Eightace said:

We have some good players already so it's not like we need to buy too many next season.

We will have to be more careful with further incomings to get the squad capable of promotion but it's very doable.

I think Wilders approach of bringing in young players from premier league clubs and players who were captains or the best players for their league one clubs is one that could work for us.

I want to see some players who have the hunger and confidence. The type people describe as winners.

We don't need to spend big money.

Not being able to throw money about could be a good thing.

Bear in mind this is me "Hindsighting"...

But maybe having less money to throw at it, would mean more focus on what we spend it on.

Looking at the Academy and seeing who could step up, looking abroad, utilising the knowledge Jos has got...

Its not the end of the world yet

6 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Bear in mind this is me "Hindsighting"...

But maybe having less money to throw at it, would mean more focus on what we spend it on.

Looking at the Academy and seeing who could step up, looking abroad, utilising the knowledge Jos has got...

Its not the end of the world yet

Yup.

Im hopeful that the chairman will have learned from this season. Failure is part of life, It’s often the only way that you learn.

I don’t mind people failing when they try, it’s oeople who just keep making the same mistakes I’ve no time for.

An hour and 11 minutes I won't get back listening to loads of poo we all know already.

What a load of old tosh and pure speculation, as many have mentioned.

They introduce the Danish bloke as an expert on FFP and then he admits he isn't an expert at all and that he has just read a couple of articles on it.

Total and utter crap!

On 24/01/2018 at 08:38, vulva said:

Agree with this. Jos is getting loads of credit for playing the kids, but in reality he hasn't got any other option. If everyone was fit, the kids wouldn't get near the first team. 

They were available when Carlos was here  and when bully took over. Neither used them.