Sheffield Wednesday finances, contracts and players. Grab a cuppa and listen to this.

You guys really need to hear this. The best explanation of Sheffield Wednesday's situation that you'll hear.

It goes through the players we have, the kind of contracts they're on, the length of contracts, agents like Doyen, Club 1867, why selling players like Jordan Rhodes would actually mean we are way worse off in terms of FFP and more

It's a dense serious listen to grab a cuppa, pull up a chair, and focus on it and you'll learn all you need to know.

It's not the most positive outcome for Wednesday fans but we definitely need to hear and consider it all.

Essential listening even if you think that you understand FFP

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

You guys really need to hear this. The best explanation of Sheffield Wednesday's situation that you'll hear.

It goes through the players we have, the kind of contracts they're on, the length of contracts, agents like Doyen, Club 1867, why selling players like Jordan Rhodes would actually mean we are way worse off in terms of FFP and more

It's a dense serious listen to grab a cuppa, pull up a chair, and focus on it and you'll learn all you need to know.

It's not the most positive outcome for Wednesday fans but we definitely need to hear and consider it all.

Essential listening even if you think that you understand FFP

I've just listened to this. It's quite worrying tbh and makes me realise that promotion could be some distance away. However, rather that than go down the embargo route which would be a disaster 

Just now, BRADDO said:

I've just listened to this. It's quite worrying tbh and makes me realise that promotion could be some distance away. However, rather that than go down the embargo route which would be a disaster 

Wonder in rob staton was aware of this about a week ago on football heaven, when he threw in the embargo word?  Which I haven’t seen anybody on here mention? 

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

Sorry but my attention span doesn't cover that length of podcast .Tea would have been cold well before the end.

Got bored listening to the intro. 

Can somebody publish the highlights 

Thank you.

We're doomed

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There's no point in me taking questions and answers when it's just quicker for everyone to just listen to it all themselves to be fair

lol

It's over an hour long.

How long does it take to answer my question? 

lol

I'll have a listen after work, just curious about how they know the details of contracts etc.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There's no point in me taking questions and answers when it's just quicker for everyone to just listen to it all themselves to be fair

lol

Should my accompanying cuppa be tea or coffee Neil ?, the coffee will be freshly ground bean to cup .

Just now, nethertonowl said:

Wonder in rob staton was aware of this about a week ago on football heaven, when he threw in the embargo word?  Which I haven’t seen anybody on here mention? 

Hmmm, maybe something in this. The chaps who did the podcast stated that although DC is an honest man, he may not have been upfront about where our spending to date could very easily lead us. 

4 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

Has he thrown in the word "Uvarvu" recently ? If he has these are working times indeed .