Pudil

Depends on how JL sees us setting up when we have a full squad available. I know he keeps saying the ‘I’ll play whatever helps us win’ but he’ll have an idea of how we’re likely to set up in an ideal world. 

As a LB or LWB- no thanks. Legs have well and truly gone, he’s been targeted at LB whenever he’s played there over the past 18 months and taken to the cleaners by anybody who runs quicker than my nan. 

However if we’re staying committed to this 3-5-2 (even if it’s only 50% of games or whatever) he’s definitely worth looking at for another year. He uses the ball pretty well, holds his own physically and probably his biggest weakness (his positional awareness) becomes less of an issue in a 3-5-2 than as a LB or CB in a flat back 4. 

Plus the fact that we don’t have the money to have 5 proven quality CBs on the wage bill so he’d become a very decent ‘5th choice’ squad player which we’d need if we were playing 3 CBs every week...

If JL goes with a 4-2-3-1 or something longer term, Pudil probably is the one to make way, with us retaining Lees, Van Aken, (hopefully) Venancio and then signing a new CB which I reckon will be on the shopping list. 

Pudil is playing very well in the centre half positions. He hasn’t the legs for full back any more. However, if we continue to play 3-5-2, his position is the left of the 3 centre halves. He will compete with Van Aken for that spot but Pudil is the better defender. No doubt about that.

Let's be honest he was dog pop at the start of the season playing in the middle

The transformation is fantastic though

Well done Daniel and well done Jos for helping find it

Been quality last couple of games

If Loovens is out of contract in summer I'd try to keep Pudil for 1 more year as there our 2 older heads at back so wouldn't want to lose both at same time.

Think Lees might leave in summer if he finishes season well so leaves us with -

Venancio, Hutch, Pudil,  Van Aken then the young lads.

He reads the game really well and although he can't do the running of a full back anymore he still is a much better cb than Looverens. We can drop Looverns and still have the experience and character of Purim to guide the other less experienced cb that are alongside him.