Adam Reach .....

2 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Yep he's shut the haters up big time this season, 5M quid is a snip for a young English player these days. We'll make some big money on him at some point.

That's true about making money. He's quality and we lose him at our peril. 

Amazing the turnaround in comments about Reach. From being absolutely slated to now being appreciated. 

Always given off the impression that he wants to be at Sheffield Wednesday for football reasons -  even when times are tough. I’ve seen fans swearing and gesturing at him horrendously, but he’s always remained mature. 

Not to mention he keeps his fitness levels incredibly high, when some others in the squad haven’t. 

2 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Amazing the turnaround in comments about Reach. From being absolutely slated to now being appreciated. 

Always given off the impression that he wants to be at Sheffield Wednesday for football reasons -  even when times are tough. I’ve seen fans swearing and gesturing at him horrendously, but he’s always remained mature. 

Not to mention he keeps his fitness levels incredibly high, when some others in the squad haven’t. 

He got slated mainly due to Carlos playing him as a chuffin left back or what seemed to be tactics that held him back. 

See this is one who needed time to settle in , perhaps we should give some of the others time. Reach has always impressed me but he now seems to have a new lease of life, his shooting is superb from long distance. I like how he can run all game and can drift past players , i am not sure but he must have created most of the goal scoring opportunities this season

3 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

He got slated mainly due to Carlos playing him as a chuffin left back or what seemed to be tactics that held him back. 

Hey, I agree. 

Him standing in a wingback position and then passing the ball back to the centre back drove everyone crazy, but the numpties couldn’t see that was tactics and proceeded to hurl abuse at him. 

His midfield performances remind me of Kieran Lee a bit: 

Henergy, linking the play and wasted at full back.  

Shows how much of a confidence player he is. Looked a dreadful signing that first season while Carlos was shoe Horning him anywhere on the pitch he could except in goal, left back, left wing, central mid, if I remember ven tried playing him in behind our main striker. 

Probably been the biggest plus so far this season for me and has grown from not constantly being shuffled about. 

Still has a few negative points that's holding him back a little as a footballer (tackling and physicality) but I'm sure that will come with the extra confidence he's gaining now. Has a cracking strike in his locker too!! 

2 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Hey, I agree. 

Him standing in a wingback position and then passing the ball back to the centre back drove everyone crazy, but the numpties couldn’t see that was tactics and proceeded to hurl abuse at him. 

His midfield performances remind me of Kieran Lee a bit: 

Henergy, linking the play and wasted at full back.  

Would be good to see him and Lee playing central, so much running and would both get up and down box to box helping the defence out and creating space for our strikers by getting in and around the opposition box as they both carry a goal threat too. 

He never looked a dreadful signing, anyone with a brain cell could see there was a good footballer there, sadly our cavemen tried their best to ruin him. Well done Adam Reach, showed some strength of character through it and is always one of the first over to clap the fans, even when they were abusing him.

10 minutes ago, Kernow_Blu said:

Just noticed I've received a negative vote for my OP. I've no problem with that, but I would rather receive a post to tell me how I'm wrong. 

I suppose to negate is easier. 

Agree with this....I rarely neg posts these days but if I do I'll always add a post to the thread as well.

As for why your post was negged, I'm guessing because you said Reach was the 'only' player on the pitch you thought would hack it in the prem, which some might see as negative(not me)towards other Wednesday players.