RHODES

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

I tend to agree He isn't good enough to lead us to promotion, as part of the squad, he could still be useful

Yep, from day one I said he isn’t what we need. Good attitude and will score the odd headed goal but we should cash in if we can. If we didn’t need same valuable transfer fees coming in I would say yes...good squad player but honestly if we get around 7 million I would be happy

So who would you swap for Rhodes in the 433? Hooper with Abdi in behind?

Replace Wallace with FF in this lineup and tell me how it's not one of the best in the league?

Rhodes and Hooper 

FF and Joao 

Reach and Hutch

Fox, Lees, Van Aken, Hunt.

Westwood 

subs

Wildsmith

Lee

Abdi

Jones

Fletcher 

Wallace

Pudil

Loovens showed yesterday his time is up and Palmer is a squad player. Butterfield and Mattias also.

4 hours ago, SamOwl89 said:

Would love to join in with the words of praise but the simple fact is that he isn’t good enough for this level. 

Too often the ball goes up to him and comes straight back. You can allow that sometimes but EVERY time and the statistics say that you’re going to concede. He offers so little in all round play that you can’t justify starting him, ever. 

Love him as a bloke but that’s the reality. The sooner he’s gone, the better. 

92 goals in 190 games say's he's plenty good enough for this level .....

7 hours ago, Almat said:

I genuinely believe we will see the proper JR now. Time will tell. 

Time will show.. 

me right and you wrong 

18 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

All RHODES lead to the Premiership

Goal machine

17 hours ago, Fuzzy logics said:

Put a proper shift in today.

Didn't get many opportunities but put his body on the line today.

Goof to see him step up for the pen too.

I wish I could say he played well but .....

The most aggression he showed was at the final whistle 

His heart is in it of that I have no doubt sadly he looks 5 yards too slow 

Just now, torres said:

I wish I could say he played well but .....

The most aggression he showed was at the final whistle 

His heart is in it of that I have no doubt sadly he looks 5 yards too slow 

Could be down to fitness and lack of run in the side

No other side has struggled to get goals from him

Owlstalk Shop

12 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Think he could still score goals, yes, but for a mid table side The quality in this division has come on leaps and bounds in recent years

you'd think if he could score goals for a mid table side  then he'd be able to score for a better team .......doesn't matter if his club is good or bad he's still going to be scoring  against the same opposition .

19 hours ago, Almat said:

How can 2 people actually neg this? Oh, just realised one of them is that phantom negger Ash76, so let's call it one negger. :duntmatter: Look at this bloke's Championship record and realise he's arguably the most prolific Champ. striker ever. He's still only 27, an age many pundits believe is the start of a striker's best years. Comes here and gets massively mismanaged (seriously, what proper manager looking to encourage morale/confidence would tell the press about the penalty refusal in order to save his own skin??). I genuinely believe we will see the proper JR now. Time will tell. 

Your placing too much emphasis on his past record, not done it for two years now.

You are wrong about the mismanagement. CC was asked why Rhodes did not take a penalty - there was only one answer he could give which was the honest one. I can only imagine the abuse that would have been directed at CC if he had given any other answer.

Yes as ever time will tell but on what I have seen I am not optimistic.

17 hours ago, osowl said:

So who would you swap for Rhodes in the 433? Hooper with Abdi in behind?

Replace Wallace with FF in this lineup and tell me how it's not one of the best in the league?

Rhodes and Hooper 

FF and Joao 

Reach and Hutch

Fox, Lees, Van Aken, Hunt.

Westwood 

subs

Wildsmith

Lee

Abdi

Jones

Fletcher 

Wallace

Pudil

Loovens showed yesterday his time is up and Palmer is a squad player. Butterfield and Mattias also.

That back 4 is the best we can do based on current resources. With this in mind we should try to outscore teams. Fox, Hunt & v Aken are liabilities in their own right. Lees had a shocker at Ipswich.

We desperately need a full time defensive coach.

50 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

That back 4 is the best we can do based on current resources. With this in mind we should try to outscore teams. Fox, Hunt & v Aken are liabilities in their own right. Lees had a shocker at Ipswich.

We desperately need a full time defensive coach.

Agreed.

One of the benefits of the change in shape though, is having a more solid midfield with (hopefully) Hutch just in front of the back 4.

How it works in reality, or whether the new manager even plays in such a way is a different matter.

I think all of us, regardless of opinion on who the next manager should be, all want to play attacking football.

We need to accept that to do so, there will be times like on boxing day where the defence is a bit seat of the pants stuff.

We can't change the balance of the team to attack more and expect the defense to keep clean sheets all the time.

But at least we'll be entertained!!

On 28 December 2017 at 03:03, Almat said:

He's 20 effing 7 :duntmatter:. We have some major bizarreness amongst our fan base...

Just because he's 27 doesn't necessarily mean he's not already had his best years. The guy even struggles to run properly.

The bizarreness is those of you who watch Rhodes play and still think he's one of best strikers in the Championship.

Edited by Wakefield owl
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wakefield owl said:

Just because he's 27 doesn't necessarily mean he's already had his best years. The guy even struggles to run properly.

The bizarreness is those of you who watch Rhodes play and still think he's one of best strikers in the Championship.

Maybe like the rest of our squad he just needs to get fitter ?

Carlos has a lot to answer for..

• Like 1