Is our season over already?

16 minutes ago, Pompeyowl said:

flipping hell, this thread :tango:

Had Blades fans rattling on like they’d won the league in November, and now our season is done in December. You just can’t make this bobbar up!

Let’s all forget those teams that have been bottom come the turn of the new year, and got promoted in May.... We’re ten points behind the Play Offs, our season is over! :tango:

When did that last happen in the Championship? I genuinely have forgotten!

6 hours ago, Miffed said:

I’ve had the feeling for a while that season feels like it’s just drifting away, I can’t see any improvement week on week.

The players are looking like they don’t know what theyre doing and even Bannan suggested in a recent interview that they don’t know what style of football to play. That should speak volumes about the current state of the first team. Yesterday a lot of the players looked disinterested and had the body language that they didn’t want to be there.

It would take a miraculous second half of the season to make the play offs and quite frankly can anyone see that happening. Carlos will leave at the end of the season, unless we get promoted, so do we need to start planning for next year? 

Is it a write off or do we give him the rest of the season? Or do we bring in someone now who can start looking at the team and would effectively have 2 transfer windows to get a team ready for next season?

Season was over when CC didn't get the boot after Udders disaster.

14 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Wake up and smell the coffee.

We are heading towards the relegation zone.

We need to re-group, get a new coaching team in, clear out as much deadwood as possible in January and the summer.

Right. If we do that, do you think it’s possible we might make the Play Offs?

13 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

When did that last happen in the Championship? I genuinely have forgotten!

Nah, I’ve forgotten as well. It has happened. Most recently in League One to the Championship. But apparently our season is over. In December. 

25 games left to play and 75 points to play for, but our season is over. 

5 minutes ago, Pompeyowl said:

Right. If we do that, do you think it’s possible we might make the Play Offs?

No, it’s not like it needs a bit of fine tuning Fundamental issues, like a lack of strength, and no pace whatsoever We need to rip it up and start again

11 minutes ago, owlsdreamer said:

Season was over when CC didn't get the boot after Udders disaster.

THIS season was over, after our Play Off defeat LAST season?!

Well, why didn’t someone notify the rest of us so we could have saved the money we spent on Season Tickets?

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

No, it’s not like it needs a bit of fine tuning Fundamental issues, like a lack of strength, and no pace whatsoever We need to rip it up and start again

We pretty much have the same team that made the Play Offs two seasons in a row. And last year’s league was much stronger than this in my opinion. 

To me, if we have a change of leadership, get someone in that can get the chemicals mixed, and get the players sharp again then we can be well in with a chance. 

22 minutes ago, Pompeyowl said:

We pretty much have the same team that made the Play Offs two seasons in a row. And last year’s league was much stronger than this in my opinion. 

To me, if we have a change of leadership, get someone in that can get the chemicals mixed, and get the players sharp again then we can be well in with a chance. 

The players aren't good enough - a midfield of Bannan, Lee, Hutch and Wallace in the final needed upgrading immediately after.

We are living on past glories - not even successful glories.

32 minutes ago, Pompeyowl said:

Nah, I’ve forgotten as well. It has happened. Most recently in League One to the Championship. But apparently our season is over. In December. 

You are one sad happy clapper.:carlos:

6 minutes ago, Animis said:

The players aren't good enough - a midfield of Bannan, Lee, Hutch and Wallace in the final needed upgrading immediately after.

We are living on past glories - not even successful glories.

Read what I was replying to. 

Regardless of whether you think they weren’t good enough to win the Play Offs, they made it there twice. 

1 minute ago, Pompeyowl said:

Read what I was replying to. 

Regardless of whether you think they weren’t good enough to win the Play Offs, they made it there twice. 

I think i understand your point pompey - you said in answer to the point about fundamental change, the players that got us to two play offs just need to get sharp again and we'll be alreyt.

I disagree, and I would say half the team needs replacing - i.e. at least five new players.

Just now, RichSheffWeds said:

No

Fair enough. 

I personally think that 10 points with over half the season to play for isn’t as tall an order to overcome. 

Despite this I don’t think we’ll cut that much of a deficit with the current management in charge. 

In my opinion we need a new man in charage to stoke the fire again. If we do this early enough I think we can mount a genuine promotion attempt, but it would need to be done sharpish. 

3 minutes ago, Animis said:

I think i understand your point pompey - you said in answer to the point about fundamental change, the players that got us to two play offs just need to get sharp again and we'll be alreyt.

I disagree, and I would say half the team needs replacing - i.e. at least five new players.

I’m not saying they would, but last season was a tougher league and we finished fourth with that team. 

In my mind that says more about the management than the ability of the players. 

We just appear a team with no direction or leadership. To me, a change in management will reignite the chemicals that are not currently mixing. 

If we changed now, the new management would have the whole of the January transfer window to get those last additions, and then we have a long time until season end. 

It just seems very strange to me that, with over half the season remaining, people are debating whether the season is already over. 

3 minutes ago, Pompeyowl said:

Fair enough. 

I personally think that 10 points with over half the season to play for isn’t as tall an order to overcome. 

Despite this I don’t think we’ll cut that much of a deficit with the current management in charge. 

In my opinion we need a new man in charage to stoke the fire again. If we do this early enough I think we can mount a genuine promotion attempt, but it would need to be done sharpish. 

I think five spots are almost locked up. Wolves, Cardiff, Bristol City, Villa and Derby will be there. They are just too strong.

Leaves one spot. I think it will be pigs or Middlesborough, probably Middlesborough.

5 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

I think five spots are almost locked up. Wolves, Cardiff, Bristol City, Villa and Derby will be there. They are just too strong.

Leaves one spot. I think it will be pigs or Middlesborough, probably Middlesborough.

I’m not sure they’re as lovked as you think. 

I think Bristol City will go through a rough patch. Derby always roger it up. Pigs aren’t as good as they think, and I reckon they’ll drop. 

Villa should be up there with Wolves, but Cardiff are running a lot on luck. They certainly don’t look strong enough for top two from what I’ve seen. 

We are more than capable of competing for a spot, but we’re not getting that capability at the moment. 

Guest everydays_wednesday
1 hour ago, Pompeyowl said:

The problem is there are at least 6 other teams will probably get more points out of the remaining games than us. Everyone isn’t going to stand still so we can catch them eg...Blades 1 point from last 12 and we are still 10 behind them.

So unfortunately yes it’s all over bar the shouting.

IMHO time to get someone in now to get things ready for next season.