Is our season over already?

It's pretty much over. 

Realistically, we need to now go and win our next 5 games just to get back in touching distance with united in 6th before we play them.

There are zero signs that will happen without change.

7 wins in 26 games says pretty much everything we need to know. so i think we can pretty much write it off. 

Well done Wednesday. 

Edited by LoadABallacks

Guest everydays_wednesday
14 hours ago, Pompeyowl said:

Believe me, I’m NOT optimistic by any means. I just think this is a ridiculous discussion to be having in December. 

It parallels the discussion in the Premier......everyone now agrees the title race is over and that’s an 11 point difference.

this is entirely the right time to have this discussion as if we want to arrest and address the alarming decline in fortune it needs to be done now and not at the end of the season.

I can't remember which player it was last week, but in an interview they stated that we are traditional slow starters and that as long as we are close to the top 6 come January, we'll still have a chance of making the play-offs. Obviously.

I can picture Carlos whispering these sweet nothings into Chansiri's ear after every disappointing display, pointing to last season's strong finish as evidence we can still achieve our target. The difference is we are already 7 points off this time last season's points tally and even David Blunkett could tell you he's seen signs that we aren't good enough or consistent enough to achieve a top 6 finish.

The issue is that Chansiri isn't a footballing man. Through blind loyalty, he'll stick with Carlos and pin his hopes on us turning it around in the final third of the season. by that time it will be too late to make a change.

The only way I can see Carlos getting axed is if every supporter inside Hillsborough is chanting 'we want Carlos out' while Chansiri is in attendance. And that's something I can't see happening due to the same blind loyalty I mentioned above that some of our fans have for Carlos.

Until 100% of the fans vocally call for Carlos' head, then I'm afraid we are stuck with him. It's time to start waving those white handkerchiefs you Carlos happy clappers.

Edited by Bassett's Allsorts