Is our season over already?

The worrying thing about Carlos is this talk about how we take risks !! That’s his description to trying to attack teams and score goals . Isn’t that what this game is all about , trying to score goals ? There is zero entertainment  value watching this dross and even if we were winning more games it is still boring to watch , reminds me of the way Portugal play and boy they send me to sleep , Carlos like you but your time is up ole boy , get someone else in ASAP 

Realistically all we have to play for this season now is pride, and the biggest test of pride is looming large in a little over one month against United.  With the current regime in charge I shudder to think what might happen at the Lane and how this could hang over us for years to come. 

1 hour ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Realistically all we have to play for this season now is pride, and the biggest test of pride is looming large in a little over one month against United.  With the current regime in charge I shudder to think what might happen at the Lane and how this could hang over us for years to come. 

My only wish now is we beat them at the lane - i'd take CC being sacked just for that.

Short sighted i know, but it's what it's come to for me.

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

Yes the season is likely over assuming we have enough to avoid relegation.

We are best removing the coach, retaining bullen as a caretaker perhaps helped out by someone with experience like Brian laws or perhaps roeder returning on the training pitch. Avoid spending in January whilst trying to trim the squad at the same time. 

We use the time between now and end of the season to source a coach for next season, with them helping behind the scenes with target identification before taking charge in June.

If we get rid of Carlos now I personally don’t see a point in waiting until next Summer to appoint a new manager. Get one in before the end of the season to get his message across before next season and assess the playing staff.

The problem with Carlos is he’ll pick a core of 5 players week in, week out regardless of whether these players are in good, bad or indifferent form. These are usually Westwood, Loovens, Bannan, Reach and Hooper and the rest of the team is selected from a lucky bag.

Last week Matias starts, the next week he’s totally out of the Matchday 18. He’s done this time and again with other players. There’s no general consistency in selection and I think this is starting to affect squad morale. I don’t think it helps that we’re buying players that have to adapt to his tune rather than him being flexible enough to adapt to the players strengths. The Rhodes situation is a good example of this.

Knowing us, Carlos will get a 5 match touchline ban this week and we’ll end up winning all 5 and he gets a reprieve, turns up back on the touchline and we revert to type.

The bottom line though is this squad won’t get us promoted playing the Carlos way because this squad of players is not tailored to his methods. We need a change and the sooner the better.

4 hours ago, Miffed said:

I’ve had the feeling for a while that season feels like it’s just drifting away, I can’t see any improvement week on week.

The players are looking like they don’t know what theyre doing and even Bannan suggested in a recent interview that they don’t know what style of football to play. That should speak volumes about the current state of the first team. Yesterday a lot of the players looked disinterested and had the body language that they didn’t want to be there.

It would take a miraculous second half of the season to make the play offs and quite frankly can anyone see that happening. Carlos will leave at the end of the season, unless we get promoted, so do we need to start planning for next year? 

Is it a write off or do we give him the rest of the season? Or do we bring in someone now who can start looking at the team and would effectively have 2 transfer windows to get a team ready for next season?

If Carlos remains here the season could turn into a relegation battle , get rid now and we still have a slim chance of the top six, although i cant see it. 

"Mid-table obscurity is no bad thing at this time of the season; just ask Sunderland fans about the 2006/07 campaign. 

The Mackems were sitting 11th on Christmas Day 2006 yet went on to not only earn promotion, but win the title. Although that’s a feat unlikely to be repeated often, it shows what is possible, and there’s still higher than a one-in-four chance that a club sitting in the Sky Bet Championship will take a Play-Off place."

https://www.efl.com/news/2016/december/revealed---statistics-efl-christmas-day-league-positions/

Technically not over, but we need a change and quick, to salvage anything from the season.

10 points adrift of the play offs. Currently the play off teams are averaging 1.75 points per game so if we win 4 games we will pull back 5 points, in other words we need to win the next 8 to get us into the play offs, draw a game and we drop further off the pace. I was hopeful we would be able to claw our way back but the last 2 games have done for us.

Can anyone realistically see us winning the next 8?  Best I can see without a change is lower end of mid table.

We seem clueless, listless, hopeless and gutless.

So in summary, we've blown it for this season. 

Said weeks ago we were going to be in a relegation scrap and not a promotion push, We are 10 points off 6th and 7 points from bottom 3. We are in deep deep trouble if carlos stays.

The scary this is the chairman said if he had to drop prices we would fall back to mid table also rans, I didn't think he ment league 1 also rans.

We need a major change and soon. Wolves will be a bloody horror show, Nevermind how bad it could be against united

5 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

The worrying thing about Carlos is this talk about how we take risks !! That’s his description to trying to attack teams and score goals . Isn’t that what this game is all about , trying to score goals ? There is zero entertainment  value watching this dross and even if we were winning more games it is still boring to watch , reminds me of the way Portugal play and boy they send me to sleep , Carlos like you but your time is up ole boy , get someone else in ASAP 

That's a great point, well made. Crisis Carlos in a nutshell; all the things that make football entertaining and exciting and a team successful, Carlos doesn't like and sees as risky. The guy's a f*cking fraud of a football coach.

Edited by Owl Be Back

The season was over a month ago when the Chairman left Carlos in charge. It was as clear as day then.

Loyalty is usually an admirable quality but blind loyalty from the chairman has cost the club another season.

If he doesn't act now its gone from blind loyalty to stubborn ill judgement IMO.

Edited by RichSheffWeds

flipping hell, this thread :tango:

Had Blades fans rattling on like they’d won the league in November, and now our season is done in December. You just can’t make this bobbar up!

Let’s all forget those teams that have been bottom come the turn of the new year, and got promoted in May.... We’re ten points behind the Play Offs, our season is over! :tango:

Edited by Pompeyowl

8 minutes ago, Pompeyowl said:

flipping hell, this thread :tango:

Had Blades fans rattling on like they’d won the league in November, and now our season is done in December. You just can’t make this bobbar up!

Let’s all forget those teams that have been bottom come the turn of the new year, and got promoted in May.... We’re ten points behind the Play Offs, our season is over! :tango:

Wake up and smell the coffee.

We are heading towards the relegation zone.

We need to re-group, get a new coaching team in, clear out as much deadwood as possible in January and the summer.