Nuhiu and our Decline

Not a Nuhiu bashing thread. I like him. 

But it is an indictment of our horrendous recruitment and mismanagement that we are relying on him to come on and change a game after spending upwards of £20m on players over the past 2 seasons. 

In fact it’s probably symbolic of what a lot of fans have noticed- for all of the money spent, Carlos hasn’t been able to move us forwards from the great first season he had. In fact we’re (even league position side) worse. The side from his first season would mop the floor with our current 11. 

And that just isn’t good enough with the resources he has had at his disposal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheBoyBeevers said:

Not a Nuhiu bashing thread. I like him. 

But it is an indictment of our horrendous recruitment and mismanagement that we are relying on him to come on and change a game after spending upwards of £20m on players over the past 2 seasons. 

I know what you are saying and you make a very fair point

It's very strange

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I know what you are saying and you make a very fair point

It's very strange

Beginning to be clearer why nobody has ever given him 3 seasons at the helm though. 

CC was insistent that his short tenures were just a coincidence and he has always been a victim of circumstance. 

The evidence (what we’re seeing on the pitch every week) suggests otherwise.

It looks like he is utterly incapable of change, and we’ll continue on this slow descent into mid table until he gets the bullet. 

Never been Nuhius biggest fan but I am a massive fan of the old fashioned target man. I thought we had upgraded on him when we signed Fletcher but I don't think that's his game at all. But I can never fault his effort or his application of himself. 

It's a sign of how poor the rest of the team have been for him to be one of the standout performers (if not the) in recent weeks.

I like Atde but we have better technical players that really are nowhere near their best at the moment...........the coach should be getting the best out of them not stifling them.

Nuhiu is a player I love for his passion and his enthusiasm to change the game but if you have to resort to bringing him on then it shows the weakness of Carlos Carvalhal 

I just don’t understand why we gave up in the 2nd half

7 minutes ago, thesouthowl said:

Your not knocking him, but singling out a player on the pitch for 12 minutes plus added time when there were some very inept displays by another 11 players tonight!!!

Pointless thread!!!!

Its one aspect.

Nuhiu was lauded over last week but it was a different performance.  We were at home, we were going forward against a poor team and he was everywhere.

today was similar, but we weren’t committing as many bodies forward and Norwich were dealing easily with our forward threat.

Nuhiu hardly touched the ball and when he did didnt actually move forward.  His talents are very limited and he’s been on the periphery of the 18 for a long time.  We are that desperate that we are trying to go down that route again and again its not working.  On saturday i noticed he was trying to chest every ball and play it forward. Didn’t work today.

Edited by acquiescefc

2 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

It's a sign of how poor the rest of the team have been for him to be one of the standout performers (if not the) in recent weeks.

I like Atde but we have better technical players that really are nowhere near their best at the moment...........the coach should be getting the best out of them not stifling them.

the training ground and facilities are fit for a king, the money is plentiful, cc is a soft touch and full advantage is being taken of all, mr DC please wake up and stand up to these sharks

2 minutes ago, Owlsfan1711 said:

Nuhiu is a player I love for his passion and his enthusiasm to change the game but if you have to resort to bringing him on then it shows the weakness of Carlos Carvalhal 

I just don’t understand why we gave up in the 2nd half

we gave up after we scored

• Thanks 1

Two years ago I felt sorry for Nuhiu because he was a tryer but had just been left behind by better players coming in.....today I couldn't wait to get him on.  Shows how much we haven't progressed.

Edited by Tyto Alba

9 minutes ago, thesouthowl said:

Your not knocking him, but singling out a player on the pitch for 12 minutes plus added time when there were some very inept displays by another 11 players tonight!!!

Pointless thread!!!!

Not the point I’m making. 

Nuhiu is a big hearted player who I have a lot of time for. He has always tried his best and always will. 

But we’ve spent tens of millions on players. Carlos and DC have spent tens of millions on players. 

Just let that sink in. More money spent in the past 3 seasons than probably the 3 decades before that. 

And yet here we are, crossing our fingers that a lad Dave Jones signed on a free quite a few years ago can impact a game for us. 

It’s symbolic of the lack of progression and the wastage of the funds we’ve seen. 

5 minutes ago, Tyto Alba said:

Two years ago I felt sorry for Nuhiu because he was a tryer but had just been left behind by better players coming in.....now I wanted him to come on at the end.  Shows how much we haven't progressed.

Exactly. 

We should have been in a position to say ‘thanks for all your efforts, but we’re just developing as a club so quickly that we can’t get you in the 18 anymore’. 

Instead, we’re praying he can offer us something different because we’ve wasted all of our funds building an impotent and one dimensional squad. Which is the point of this thread- the horrendous wastage and mismanagement. 

Edited by TheBoyBeevers