Glen Hoddle And His Wisdom.....

Just watching Europa League highlights and old Hoddle is at it again with words of wisdom, in particular regarding the current situation at Everton.

He states that the most important man at a football club is the manager, he picks the team he gets the results. You need to stop chucking money at players and chuck it at a good manager. If it costs 20 million for a manager but 40 million for a player, the money is better spent on a quality manager.

Most of us have probably said this or though this but it always sounds better coming from a professional.

So Mr Chansiri, you know what to do....get on the phone to Big Sam and give him 5 million hard earned English pounds plus an extra million or so when he takes us up. We need 2/3 players in January (2 wingers and that beast of a midfielder) to take us through to the end of the season. We still have a chance to do this, however hard it looks or may be. Just get it done!!! Or chuck a bit less at Pulis and ask him to bring his mate Megson with him to satisfy the cult on here!

Edited by WayneTheOwl
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

Just watching Europa League highlights and old Hoddle is at it again with words of wisdom, in particular regarding the current situation at Everton.

He states that the most important man at a football club is the manager, he picks the team he gets the results. You need to stop chucking money at players and chuck it at a good manager. If it costs 20 million for a manager but 40 million for a player, the money is better spent on a quality manager. Most of us have probably said this or though this but it always sounds better coming from a professional.

So Mr Chansiri, you know what to do....get on the phone to Big Sam and give him 5 million hard earned English pounds plus an extra million or so when he takes us up. We need 2/3 players in January (2 wingers and that beast of a midfielder) to take us through to the end of the season. We still have a chance to do this, however hard it looks or may be. Just get it done!!! Or chuck a bit less at Pulis and ask him to bring his mate Megson with him to satisfy the cult on here!

Or save the £5m and bonuses and just give it Glenn. He'd love another job, but no one will touch him.

3 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

Yeh I've said same last 12 months, I think he would do a cracking job but like you said, no one will touch him unfortunately.

Heard his man management isn't the best. 

But we'd be playing 3-5-2 by the end of the week.

His England side were probably the last one worth watching.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Heard his man management isn't the best. 

But we'd be playing 3-5-2 by the end of the week.

His England side were probably the last one worth watching.

Unfortunately his god might clash with Chansiri’s...

My money is on the monk, aledgedly he’s bullet proof...

lol

Sorry, no blaspheming meant..

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

Yeh I've said same last 12 months, I think he would do a cracking job but like you said, no one will touch him unfortunately.

He`s as mad as David Icke 

Remember Eileen Drury ? 

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

He`s as mad as David Icke 

We invest time and money watching men kick a ball about. ..we're all mad!

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Remember Eileen Drury ? 

Certainly do. Paul Merson gives her a lot of credit in his fight against his drugs and booze. 

Jeeesus foookin' chriiiiist...

Gary Neville on Glenn..

"He also believed in alternative methods, including Eileen Drewery, the faith healer, who'd visited the camp a few times before the World Cup. As a bit of a sceptic, I'd never gone to see her. When the 1998 World Cup started, some of the players started taking injections from Glenn's favourite medic, a Frenchman called Dr Rougier. It was different from anything we'd done at United, but all above board, I'm sure.

"After some of the lads said they'd felt a real burst of energy, I decided to seize any help on offer. So many of the players decided to go for it before that Argentina match that there was a queue to see the doctor. Before the game, Glenn did his usual pre-match routine of moving around the players, shaking their hands and touching them just over the heart. We'll never know if the methods had any positive effect.

"One of the masseurs told me Glenn had asked the staff to walk around the pitch anti-clockwise during the game against Argentina to create positive energy. Sadly, it didn't do us much good."

Just now, Freshfish said:

Jeeesus foookin' chriiiiist...

Gary Neville on Glenn..

"He also believed in alternative methods, including Eileen Drewery, the faith healer, who'd visited the camp a few times before the World Cup. As a bit of a sceptic, I'd never gone to see her. When the 1998 World Cup started, some of the players started taking injections from Glenn's favourite medic, a Frenchman called Dr Rougier. It was different from anything we'd done at United, but all above board, I'm sure.

"After some of the lads said they'd felt a real burst of energy, I decided to seize any help on offer. So many of the players decided to go for it before that Argentina match that there was a queue to see the doctor. Before the game, Glenn did his usual pre-match routine of moving around the players, shaking their hands and touching them just over the heart. We'll never know if the methods had any positive effect.

"One of the masseurs told me Glenn had asked the staff to walk around the pitch anti-clockwise during the game against Argentina to create positive energy. Sadly, it didn't do us much good."

Like i said , Hoddle is a nutjob 

27 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

So Mr Chansiri, you know what to do....get on the phone to Big Sam and give him 5 million hard earned English pounds plus an extra million or so when he takes us up. We need 2/3 players in January (2 wingers and that beast of a midfielder) to take us through to the end of the season. We still have a chance to do this, however hard it looks or may be.

Good f-----g god almighty,its swfc mate,he didnt earn £5 mill bossing England (his contract was worth £2.5 mill a year according to reports) and you want Mr Chairman to spaff that much......................................wow.

Pulis................meh.

To be fair Neville also said -: " if only he had possessed the man-management skills to go with his undoubted football intelligence. He was a very good coach who wanted England to play the right way."

I mean, If we didn't give managers jobs just based on the fact people thought they were a bit mad then Clough, Sacchi,  Bielsa would never have got jobs. 

It's how they coach,  set their teams up and the results of those things that matters. Isn't it?

26 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

We invest time and money watching men kick a ball about. ..we're all mad!

Certainly do. Paul Merson gives her a lot of credit in his fight against his drugs and booze. 

Paul Merson  "If you keep walking past the barbers, eventually you'll get a haircut."

That's me sold, Get Hoddle in.

32 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

He has done and said idiotic things yes but a lot of his football talk comes across very good IMO. It is sense maybe not wisdom at least!

I don't think him saying the manager's the most important person at the club is particularly good punditry to be honest.