Done with it all

9 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Whilst the sentiment is admirable, there's a limit to most people's blind loyalty.

More and more we're being positioned as customers, and once fans start to internalise that message, they start to expect more bang for their buck. When we were paying average Championship prices to watch average Championship players churn out average Championship performances, most fans were pretty accepting of our lot. Now that we're paying through the nose for a match day ticket, signing quality players on big wages and still churning out average performances more often than not, it's no great surprise that many are questioning whether this is something they can stand behind and support.

In terms of results, performances and quality of players, this season is clearly far from being our worst - even in the past half decade. However, the stakes have been raised by the chairman and his policies, and the gap between fans' realistic expectations and the reality of what's being served up is steadily growing, which is the root of much of the current unrest.

So what happens if we all stop going then?

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

I guess you'd like to think that Chansiri would act, because he cares what we think.

In reality the pay-on-the-day fans would make a financial impact, which usually motivates chairmen.

I pay on the day, and I've missed the last three for that reason.

It's all I can do.

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

I guess you'd like to think that Chansiri would act, because he cares what we think.

In reality the pay-on-the-day fans would make a financial impact, which usually motivates chairmen.

I pay on the day, and I've missed the last three for that reason.

It's all I can do.

Ok but what happens if we all stop going?

4 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

It’s looking that way for me, you hope and pray that things will change but barring a miracle this turgid football is what we are stuck with, 14 points and slipping between us and too tells more of a story than catching sixth place 

Top fan ....... never mind there's always another Wembley to come out from under a rock for

It’s the managers job to get the most out of the players... we’ve signed players who are consistently proven at this level, but are now mediocre... when I watched joao yesterday he looked good, but was making daft decisions, which I’m assuming was based on what he was told by Carlo rather than just getting out there and going for goal...

6 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Oh yeah the villa win I was reyt impressed and sat cheering all day.that got me believing again. I even tweeted jt saying have some of that and singing we're on our way

We definitely need that yawn icon 

Weird. 

At least you have modboy on your side. 

Edited by BIG D
  • Haha 1

Guest wilyfox

It's sad, a couple of results starts us believing a little again. Truth is, we know our team and style of play doesn't yield the consistent results to take us where we wanna go. Automatic is already out of sight. All I hope is we can get ourselves into the playoff places again and use the January window properly this time to address shortcomings so we have a team able to win them this time.  

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

It's sad, a couple of results starts us believing a little again. Truth is, we know our team and style of play doesn't yield the consistent results to take us where we wanna go. Automatic is already out of sight. All I hope is we can get ourselves into the playoff places again and use the January window properly this time to address shortcomings so we have a team able to win them this time.  

our history in the past few windows dosnt fill me with confidence. 

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

The business plan gets reviewed in order to get customers back, I suppose.

Look, I'm not one of those trying to glorify missing games or calling for others to boycott the club, but I can understand why some fans are starting to feel disillusioned with the way things are turning out.

I don't own a season ticket, as I can't make evening games due to work, so I rely on members' ticket prices. When you're being asked to pay in the region of £40 a game to get into the stadium, it can start to rankle a bit when our expensively-assembled team are putting in lethargic performances in which they can barely muster a single strike on goal, never mind demonstrate anything approaching genuine determination and commitment to the cause.

It's not about league position so much as a sense of believing that the players are giving their all and giving the fans something to get behind. There are fans on here who have given their money, their time and their voices to support the club through the League One dark days, the Championship near-relegations and probably a few more low points in the more distant past as well, who seem to feel a growing disconnect with the club at present.

The club can choose to ignore this if they wish, and it will of course pass if the team produce a string of barnstorming performances befitting of the money they earn and the prices we're paying, but if the current seeds of fan apathy are allowed to take hold, then I do fear for our attendances going forward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do you really expect to go to 23 home league games and not see a dour 0-0 at some point? It's happened every season for as long as I've been a fan, good or bad.

Bristol City are 4th with just 3 defeats, I'm pretty sure their fans are not calling for the manager's head when they struggled to create chances just as much as we did.

It was a poor game with both teams cancelling each other out. Bristol City set out to stifle our play by dropping 5 into midfield and it worked. Get over it and move on. We drew 0-0, are 4 unbeaten, and gained a point on 6th. We didn't lose...

• Like 1