Referees

2 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

yet you just said Hooper just got brought down from behind in the box and nothing given. I think refs are one of many problems 

And when I've seen that one I'll pass comment. As it stands excuses are being made for poor play. I highly doubt there is a concerted effort by the refereeing community to cause us problems. 

Good teams don't rely on luck from the ref. They make them inconsequential. 

• Like 1

It's easy to blame refs to take the blame from our own failings. The truth is Loovens deserved to be sent off, challenge in the box with no attempt to play the ball. We are not being victimised. 

We cant keep blaming bad luck or poor refs for us being crap. 

3 minutes ago, David1867 said:

It's easy to blame refs to take the blame from our own failings. The truth is Loovens deserved to be sent off, challenge in the box with no attempt to play the ball. We are not being victimised. 

Yeah but I'm not saying Loovrens didnt deserve to get sent off, but, if we have been turned down and ignored on two penalty shouts that were pens, then referees are part of the problem

Just now, marcx666 said:

Yeah but I'm not saying Loovrens didnt deserve to get sent off, but, if we have been turned down and ignored on two penalty shouts that were pens, then referees are part of the problem

I'm agreeing with this now. 

Trouble is, it means we are crap and the refs are against us. Both issues are causing us problems. Both issues are to blame for our current situation. 

3 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

I'm agreeing with this now. 

Trouble is, it means we are crap and the refs are against us. Both issues are causing us problems. Both issues are to blame for our current situation. 

Aye, thats the other half of the problem, is that we, be it Carlos, or players are both, are the other half of the problem. So either way we are f*cked lol

3 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

It was a red.

Read the rules.

And it all sprang from a player running at Loovens. Surprise, surprise.

I thought you weren't supposed to get given a penalty against and a red card these days. Double punishment. does that not apply in the champ?

The refs have been terrible this season; which matches our performances also. The two together are just too much to take. If Carlos does not go after today if we lose of course, then Chansiri is his own fool. If I'd spent 70m, 30 months on I'd be pretty worried about my money and do something about it quick.

3 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

I think that the real problems are the speed of the game and the refusal of the powers that be to bring in video technology. Factor in the one eyed fans (of all clubs), cheating players and that cameras are at all matches allowing laymen to freeze frame and replay constantly and it adds up to a nightmare for referees. Who'd be a ref? Not me for sure.

3 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

I thought you weren't supposed to get given a penalty against and a red card these days. Double punishment. does that not apply in the champ?

Same in all the football league. Depends on whether the player made a genuine attempt to play the ball.

23 minutes ago, David1867 said:

You telling me if that incident had happened at the other end involving Keogh and Hooper, that we'd have got a penalty and Keogh would've been sent off. No f***ng way and it's been like this for years. Yes we're struggling at the moment but referees are supposed to be impartial but every 50/50 call goes against us. No wonder Carlos hasn't got much hair left WTF: