In the papers today - Paul Lambert being lined up for SWFC Manager job

1 hour ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

I wouldn't go that far - the rag itself isn't the most reliable so I'd be wary.

As with all these things, I dont believe it until the manager/player is sitting in the stands with a scarf round his neck.

Agree, but it is telling that the media has been more vocal as to their criticism and acknowledgement that he is under pressure. Not just the rags, but local journalists and Sky.

I cling to the hope that there is something in this at least and change is coming

54 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

THIS

I can see him being a massive success

Good luck to him.

What he does when he leaves us isn’t my concern, I’m just bothered about what he’s doing here and at present his sides are serving up in general pretty dire performances and are under performing.

Lambert would be good, but I would give Carlos a little bit longer. No runaway leader in the league and if we can manufacture a run we might get to where we need to be. but if loses at Derby and doesn't beat Barnsley or Millwall then he'll be gone before November international break.

if they do decide to get rid then I'd have Lambert or Hecky at Barnsley.

23 hours ago, frastheowl said:

Then comes two poor decisions from Lambert's point of view...Blackburn & Wolves. However, his record at both of these clubs, were still respectable. Left both of these clubs because he wasn't going to have a bigger enough say in transfers etc. 

This could well put the lid on the notion of him taking over here then.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

THIS

I can see him being a massive success

I wouldn't doubt it, he's a good manager as evidenced by his first season with us

But good managers can go bad at certain clubs... it isn't just about the quality of the manager, it's about the timing of the appointment, personnel around him etc. Even the best managers can potentially stay too long and things turn sour. I think believing anything else other than we're at that stage with Carlos now is sticking your head in the sand. Lord knows I wish it could have lasted longer, but it's time to let it go. 

Just now, StudentOwl said:

I wouldn't doubt it, he's a good manager as evidenced by his first season with us

But good managers can go bad at certain clubs... it isn't just about the quality of the manager, it's about the timing of the appointment, personnel around him etc. Even the best managers can potentially stay too long and things turn sour. I think believing anything else other than we're at that stage with Carlos now is sticking your head in the sand. Lord knows I wish it could have lasted longer, but it's time to let it go. 

It's a bit like needing to take your pet cat to the vets to go to sleep innit

I don't want it to happen

I'm hoping that the cat (carlos) jumps up and goes climbing trees again, but as it stands there's more chance of his back legs giving in and doing a diahorreah puddle all over the kitchen floor

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm hoping that the cat (carlos) jumps up and goes climbing trees again, but as it stands there's more chance of his back legs giving in and doing a diahorreah puddle all over the kitchen floor

From your allegory I suspect we share similar sad experiences.:duntmatter:

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

Alas, it's pretty much the right analogy. 

If you want another one, it's like when you're dating a lass in your early 20's and you realise it isn't going to work out, but instead of breaking up you try and stick it out as long as you can and hope things improve. Ultimately the only thing it does is make you more miserable, waste both your time and means once the breakup finally happens you both feel very bitter about the whole situation. 

The sex life has turned stale and repetitive, we're tired of hearing the same stories from him again and again, and now we're looking at other men and wondering what it'll be like to have them instead of Carlos. Time to go get a new man in our lives by the sounds of things. 

Edited by StudentOwl

I like the idea for his experience at international level, he's also played abroad in at least Germany as well as the porridge league and here. 

The thing that excites me is his willingness to give the youngsters a game or two, bring them on and improve them. It's pointless spending money improving that area with no will to actually blood them or improve them which Carlos preferring his old heads. 

Guest kelliesleftnut
29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Good analogy, looking back to the udders playoff farce the stink of shat in the kitchen seemed to last for weeks :biggrin:

Mr C should have taken a trip to the vets then.

On 15/10/2017 at 11:25, @owlstalk said:

22499203_10156703823759278_8637784571561421439_o.jpg

Former Norwich manager Paul Lambert is being lined up as the new manager of Sheffield Wednesday according to todays news papers.

Not really that excited by that news to be fair

lol

Is today’s betting a rehash of an old story? 

Mildly underwhelming if so.