Could Sheffield Wednesday win in a playoff final?

3 minutes ago, OzOwl said:

It’s a no from me, the very reason we are going into this weekends game wondering if we will or won’t is indicitive of the inconsistancy that has plagued us for nigh on two seasons, we always seem to roll the dice, play half a game and hope we win, the most consistant thing about this team is it’s inconsistancy!

IF inconsistency is finishing in the top 6 2 years in a row, i will take that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Finishing in the top 6 is great if you grab your chance and you get promoted, ultimately finishing in the top 6 means feck all to us as we are still in the same division.

I fully expect us to be top 6 again this season, I fully expect Carlos to bottle it and we will be playing championship football again next season.

33 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

On the surface you are correct but my remarks are targeted at the total lack of bottle we show against sides that ordinary teams dismantle in minutes, Birmingham is a classic example, when/if he can address those deficiencies we will stop dropping silly points that cost us the top two last season, I suggest dropping the home and away policy for starters and get in teams faces from the first minute.

2 hours ago, Owl999 said:

In fairness Leeds were poor, Carlos can't get players up for big games he's shown that .

Seriously...I find this argument to be so asinine. 

"Leeds were poor" like that's the only reason we beat them. Nothing to do with the excellent performance we put in ourselves. 

Bar a smash and grab effort (where everything you hit goes in), there are very few times when you stuff the opposition without them having been poor in some way shape or form. 

That shouldn't detract from the victory and the effort that was put in. 

Very much doubt that Dem Blades were beating themselves up about the fact that Wednesday defended like a bunch of clowns a few weeks back. 

We were pretty abject defensively, the worst I've seen us under Carlos.......just our luck it had to be against them.

Hoping Loovens is back against Bolton, he might be getting on and a bit slow, but his reading of the game is exceptional, he calms the defense down and consequently chills Lees out, who is twice the player next to Glenn.

Edited by Weshallovercome

2 hours ago, Blue and white said:

What in the name of god has that got to do with going into the most winnable play off game since the play offs began and completely blowing it.

You know I'm not having this argument Blue and White. No play off game is easy. You're playing against teams that got a similar amount of points over a 46 game season. Teams get into the play offs on merit. It could have been Real Madrid or Accrington Stanley. It makes no odds, they still accumulated the same amount of points irrespective of their name...

Way too much emphasis is put on what a manager can do.

I get it because that's what the media have always done, so it becomes natural for fans to do it also. 

Most big games are settled by individual brilliance or mistakes. 

Oh wait no sorry, Carlos told Lees and Westwood to f**k up in the derby, and he told us to concede a screamer to Hull and not score. He also told our best players to be injured or not fully fit for the Huddersfield game. Any of those games could have been the total opposite if one little thing was changed, say Diame missed and Lees scored a header in the last minute, or FF scores the penalty and we go on to win that game, and Carlos would be a tactical genius to all of you.

17 minutes ago, Simaniac Owl said:

I agree.

I know a man who has, can and will.

Dave Jones. 

Or are you talking about another washed up, past his best relic? 

Edited by SiJ

Except Diame didn't miss, and had it not been for Westwood, Hull could've had 4. The only half chance we had was when FF went through and Davies blocked the shot. Against Hudders, the FF penalty wouldn't of put us through, only kept us in the 2 legged tie the team made no positive attempt to go out and win in either game, against a team we'd already beaten twice and not conceded against in 3 games. So, my deduction is he isn't a tactical genius on any level.

1 minute ago, Peter Brayshaw said:

Except Diame didn't miss, and had it not been for Westwood, Hull could've had 4. The only half chance we had was when FF went through and Davies blocked the shot. Against Hudders, the FF penalty wouldn't of put us through, only kept us in the 2 legged tie the team made no positive attempt to go out and win in either game, against a team we'd already beaten twice and not conceded against in 3 games. So, my deduction is he isn't a tactical genius on any level.

If we won those games, he would be to you, I guarantee.

And you clearly didn't watch the 2nd leg then or weren't paying attention, we had more than enough chances to win that game.