Plans for the weekend

I have a fishing match on Sunday. I hope it goes nothing like last weekend’s, what a nightmare!

Had a Winter League Match on Sunday that clashed with the Leeds game. Had my earphones in, attached to my phone, to listen to the game whilst I was competing. Anyhow, the float goes under, I strike, and a carp ploughs towards the vegetation to my right. In my eagerness to bully it out, I caught the earphone lead, and my phone flew into the water. I landed the carp, then had to wade out, up to my knackers, to get the phone back. 

The phone was still working for a short time, after retrieving it from the wtaer, and at that stage we were 1-0 up. It then stopped working sometime afterwards although it’s supposed to withstand being immersed in 1.5 metres of water up to 30 mins (my arse). I took it home and dried it in a bag of rice for a few days, but the screen / display was cream crackered. Took it to Samsung last night and kept my fingers crossed it could be repaired under the warranty, which basically meant they would have to find no liquid damage that would invalidate the warranty. 

Quick test on arrival indicated a dodgy screen / display only. Left it with them expecting they’d discover water ingress after a more thorough examination, and wouldn’t repair it. But I got lucky:biggrin:.

Apparently there is a known fault with the display for my model of phone. Either they didn’t test it for water ingress, were too busy to check, and just assumed it was the design fault that meant a new display was needed, or else it genuinely didn’t let water into the innards. Anyhow, one new display later and the phone is working fine again. Yay! 

Pished off that I missed the goals for 2-0 and 3-0 though. There was nowt else to do last Sunday but listen to the game pish wet through. The match fished crap and I only finished 4th. Very poor weights all round

30 minutes ago, Grandad said:

He's introducing 12 new players to the squad so could be very interesting lol

I can see a fall out coming over the horizon between the players. lol

Who’s he? Why is he playing? Never even been to training etc.

I’ve seen him play and he’s crap.

Just picking your mates now?

That’s me, I’m off.

Oh the joys of Sunday League Football lol

Edited by theowlsman

14 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I have a fishing match on Sunday. I hope it goes nothing like last weekend’s, what a nightmare!

Had a Winter League Match on Sunday that clashed with the Leeds game. Had my earphones in, attached to my phone, to listen to the game whilst I was competing. Anyhow, the float goes under, I strike, and a carp ploughs towards the vegetation to my right. In my eagerness to bully it out, I caught the earphone lead, and my phone flew into the water. I landed the carp, then had to wade out, up to my knackers, to get the phone back. 

The phone was still working for a short time, after retrieving it from the wtaer, and at that stage we were 1-0 up. It then stopped working sometime afterwards although it’s supposed to withstand being immersed in 1.5 metres of water up to 30 mins (my arse). I took it home and dried it in a bag of rice for a few days, but the screen / display was cream crackered. Took it to Samsung last night and kept my fingers crossed it could be repaired under the warranty, which basically meant they would have to find no liquid damage that would invalidate the warranty. 

Quick test on arrival indicated a dodgy screen / display only. Left it with them expecting they’d discover water ingress after a more thorough examination, and wouldn’t repair it. But I got lucky:biggrin:.

Apparently there is a known fault with the display for my model of phone. Either they didn’t test it for water ingress, were too busy to check, and just assumed it was the design fault that meant a new display was needed, or else it genuinely didn’t let water into the innards. Anyhow, one new display later and the phone is working fine again. Yay! 

Pished off that I missed the goals for 2-0 and 3-0 though. There was nowt else to do last Sunday but listen to the game pish wet through. The match fished crap and I only finished 4th. Very poor weights all round

This is like when you're too stoned to switch off a documentary about Mongolian donkey herders and by the end you're weirdly into it

:nuhiu:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

See how I lured you in there?

I have a plan to get you all into fishing. lol

I'm sure I'd like it. Outdoors, all weathers, meditative - right up my alley.

Apart from the 'catching fish' bit, can I just tag 'em instead?

Guest Deleted member
55 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I can see a fall out coming over the horizon between the players. lol

Who’s he? Why is he playing? Never even been to training etc.

I’ve seen him play and he’s crap.

Just picking your mates now?

That’s me, I’m off.

Oh the joys of Sunday League Football lol

It's Saturday

Semi pro

Even worse!

Guest addedtime
18 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Wisewood. We didn't play anywhere near like we can but I was impressed with Pumas - particularly in the first game. My lad played in the second game which was something ridiculous like 11-10!

Ah yes, the old enemy! Quite a derby match for us. Your coach was a disgrace with the way he berated your players after the first match. He's not a good example for grassroots coaching I'm afraid. The way he laid into them was shocking. Telling them that one player was carrying the rest. That's how you motivate. That's why it's a pleasure to beat him.

My lad played in the first game and got a couple of goals. He usually plays at the back, but as it was strangely easy, the coach stuck him up front for a bit!

You are right, the games are usually quite close between the two.

49 minutes ago, addedtime said:

Ah yes, the old enemy! Quite a derby match for us. Your coach was a disgrace with the way he berated your players after the first match. He's not a good example for grassroots coaching I'm afraid. The way he laid into them was shocking. Telling them that one player was carrying the rest. That's how you motivate. That's why it's a pleasure to beat him.

My lad played in the first game and got a couple of goals. He usually plays at the back, but as it was strangely easy, the coach stuck him up front for a bit!

You are right, the games are usually quite close between the two.

To be fair he was probably just disappointed how everything went so badly wrong. He is usually great with the lads.

6 hours ago, Grandad said:

My son takes over as manager of beleaguered Renishaw in the Central Midland League on Saturday, without a win yet this season. They play Dronfield at Kiveton Ground tomorrow (adm £3). 

So I'm going there to give him some support. Really proud of him, at 22 the work he's done in bringing together a really good Sunday League side is being rewarded.

Would love to see some of you guys down there.

Wow - managing a CMFL club at 22 is a great achievement. 

He's took on a big job there - Renishaw finished bottom of the County Senior Division 2 (level 13 of the pyramid) last season yet the chairman decided to bump them up to the Central Midlands League (level 11) in the summer. 

I know Wayne, who was manager until last week - they were that short on players he had to play at the age of 48. They lost 0-11, which was one of their better results this season. 

Another guy I play football against is a keeper but had to play midfield because of how many players were dropping out. 

Think they've played 8, lost 8 and conceded 85 - so definitely no pressure on Dan! 

I just wish Renishaw actually played at Renishaw rather than Kiveton. 

Last year I helped dig footings for new dugouts etc and it's so galling seeing another club come in and finish the job off while Kiveton Park FC are now based at a School playing field. 

I've heard Renishaw might be called Kiveton Miners Welfare new season - that would be a kick in the teeth. 

Guest Grez Bez
7 hours ago, Grandad said:

My son takes over as manager of beleaguered Renishaw in the Central Midland League on Saturday, without a win yet this season. They play Dronfield at Kiveton Ground tomorrow (adm £3). 

So I'm going there to give him some support. Really proud of him, at 22 the work he's done in bringing together a really good Sunday League side is being rewarded.

Would love to see some of you guys down there.

Don't tell @KivoOwl , he hates them :carlos:

Good on him though; terrible decision for Renishaw to move to the CML when they finished bottom of the SHCSFL last year but they seem ambitious. I've been following their progress closely; it will be hard but fingers crossed they get a result somewhere.

Guest Grez Bez
Just now, LSOwls said:

Don't tell @KivoOwl , he hates them :carlos:

Good on him though; terrible decision for Renishaw to move to the CML when they finished bottom of the SHCSFL last year but they seem ambitious. I've been following their progress closely; it will be hard but fingers crossed they get a result somewhere.

Didn't see Kivos post before I sent that!

@KivoOwl - Where did you see that they moght change name? I asked on twitter but got no response. Are Kivo (proper Kiverton) looking for a new ground or happy at Wales?