Plans for the weekend

2 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Can't stand awkward small talk.

Agree on that score, look forward to it about as much as going to the dentist. Thankfully yesterday there were a few talking to each other and there was no awkward silence or small talk required from me! 

Guest Deleted member

Well, Dan's first game as manager of Renishaw Rangers went really well, after 10 games without a point and a -84 goal difference - Dan made 9 changes, defended resolutely against a strong Dronfield Town side and switched to 4-3-3 for the 2nd half, eventually running out 3-0 winners.

First points of the season for Renishaw, and I've got to be honest I enjoyed that every bit as much as last weekends victory against Leeds. Very proud.

Guest Grez Bez
22 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Well, Dan's first game as manager of Renishaw Rangers went really well, after 10 games without a point and a -84 goal difference - Dan made 9 changes, defended resolutely against a strong Dronfield Town side and switched to 4-3-3 for the 2nd half, eventually running out 3-0 winners.

First points of the season for Renishaw, and I've got to be honest I enjoyed that every bit as much as last weekends victory against Leeds. Very proud.

REYT result that. As I said i've been following their results and they looked lie getting no points until this week. 

Theres even a thread on Non League Matters about them.

Top job for your boy! Do they have a reserve team?

Guest Deleted member
27 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

REYT result that. As I said i've been following their results and they looked lie getting no points until this week. 

Theres even a thread on Non League Matters about them.

Top job for your boy! Do they have a reserve team?

Have you a link to the article?

55 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Did George Hirst get any?

Guest Deleted member
22 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Did George Hirst get any?

Are you this boring in real life or is it your internet persona?

Guest Deleted member
1 minute ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Ouch, nasty.

Well stop following me about going on about George Hirst. Unnecessary.

I didn't react yesterday

Guest Copthorneowl
On 6 October 2017 at 19:47, KivoOwl said:

Nah, don't hate them, just wish they didn't move to Kiveton as the village isn't big enough for two clubs - Renishaw have been advertising in the village for young players to join them and it hasn't gone down well with Kiveton.

Ground at Wales will be better than Hard Lane before long - pitch already is.

Blimey 50 years ago Kiveton were big fish in the Yorkshire league div 1 getting good attendances and beating teams like Bridlington, Farsley Celtic ( Madely of Leeds played for them) and Mexboro who produced programmes for home games.

Great days I was left wing one week right the other.

Guest Copthorneowl
9 hours ago, Grandad said:

He's done really well so far without any input from me, other than to stay calm and motivate.

Very proud of him. This is a big change from Sunday football though

Next time I'm in Kiveton I'll make a point of going to the ground if I can - do they play Sat afternoons

1 hour ago, Copthorneowl said:

Blimey 50 years ago Kiveton were big fish in the Yorkshire league div 1 getting good attendances and beating teams like Bridlington, Farsley Celtic ( Madely of Leeds played for them) and Mexboro who produced programmes for home games.

Great days I was left wing one week right the other.

Hi mate - I have just started producing programmes for Kiveton at our new home at Wales High School - and we have a little tea room of our own so next time you're thinking of coming back up this way let me know and I'll give you our next fixture!

Guest Deleted member
8 hours ago, Copthorneowl said:

Next time I'm in Kiveton I'll make a point of going to the ground if I can - do they play Sat afternoons

Yes Saturday afternoons, 3pm. Although there are plans to install floodlights so I guess some evening games will be possible in the future

They've also installed around 100 seats in the main stand and built new dugouts on opposite side of pitch.

IMG_20171008_075748.jpg

Guest Copthorneowl
29 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Yes Saturday afternoons, 3pm. Although there are plans to install floodlights so I guess some evening games will be possible in the future

They've also installed around 100 seats in the main stand and built new dugouts on opposite side of pitch.

IMG_20171008_075748.jpg

Wow that looks quite a change from how I remember it, do they still have the two pitches at Hard Lane? I wilk be up there some time soon and give it a try.

Guest Copthorneowl

8 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

Hi mate - I have just started producing programmes for Kiveton at our new home at Wales High School - and we have a little tea room of our own so next time you're thinking of coming back up this way let me know and I'll give you our next fixture!

When you originally said ground at Wales  I assumed you meant the old rec - is that still there? 

As as I said will be up soon and will let you know. Good  luck with it all village communities need blokes like you but don't always appreciate the time and effort you put in on their behalf.