Ammunition from the dark side

7 hours ago, cross owl said:

They give it the big un and tgey get it back ten fold. 

In 79 they started the massacre tag and we took it off them .

Calling us massive , we embraced it just to annoy them .

Pub league , they coined it when we went down only to follow us the next season and stay there for six years .

Miles ahead on and off the field , they got relegated and we got someone with real money .

Mind the gap , we took that and their five point two game in hand , 

Now it's bouncing day massacre , we bounce for ninety minutes at the stain and outplay them and we will have that as a positive too .

They have their five points and four months of bragging rights , we will take everything else :manager:

Aww bless, you keep convincing yourself - keep taking the tablets pal!

6 hours ago, owlinexile said:

He won in the end.

Unless you are getting him mixed up with real life Napoleon, who wasn't a talking pig?

I was trying to tie the pig in with Napoleon...didn't quite work lol ..sentiment's right though they always have a Waterloo round the corner no matter how well they are doing you know how it will end

Edited by daveyboy66

18 minutes ago, Good Old Arsenal said:

Convincing myself of what ? Everything i put is true and was started by your lot . And if we beat you at yours , obviously unlikely as you are now Barcelona , the bouncing day massacre will be taken and used to annoy you too . You won and won well pal so I'm not sure why you feel that none if it is true . 

2 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

That obsessd with us they're all over this site lol

Maybe it's due to us being their history  :columbo:

I know, it's still a mystery how something as beautiful and awesomely inspiring as SWFC, could produce that loathsome, mutant, hideous Bar Steward child they call SUFC. 

Even they know, deep down WAWAW.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, cross owl said:

They give it the big un and tgey get it back ten fold. 

In 79 they started the massacre tag and we took it off them .

Calling us massive , we embraced it just to annoy them .

Pub league , they coined it when we went down only to follow us the next season and stay there for six years .

Miles ahead on and off the field , they got relegated and we got someone with real money .

Mind the gap , we took that and their five point two game in hand , 

Now it's bouncing day massacre , we bounce for ninety minutes at the stain and outplay them and we will have that as a positive too .

They have their five points and four months of bragging rights , we will take everything else :manager:

Perspective!

Stupid scrubbers.....

They only see it as a massive win cause it’s the first time they’ve had a chance to claw back a sliver of dignity since 2012 and the momentously funny mind the gap season.

Aside from 5 years in the pub league, we’ve laughed at 

Prince Avbackedanag/Bogroll and a quid

Wilson/Morgan/Weir/Morgan/Clough/Adkins/Wilder

‘Think Liverpool not Man City’ investment

The dirty slimy tale that was Ched (fire escape) Evans

2 or 3 playoff losses incl a drive back from Yeovil...summer of pis*s-take ahead of em

A yank spin doctor and a chairman squealing “everything’s ok blades” 

Let’s not mention the 5 years we’ve had to listen to pis*sin, whinging, griping, moaning, carping, squealing during all of the above

It’ll take a little more than Sunday.

Edited by Bluestripe

1 hour ago, Bluestripe said:

Stupid scrubbers.....

They only see it as a massive win cause it’s the first time they’ve had a chance to claw back a sliver of dignity since 2012 and the momentously funny mind the gap season.

Aside from 5 years in the pub league, we’ve laughed at 

Prince Avbackedanag/Bogroll and a quid

Wilson/Morgan/Weir/Morgan/Clough/Adkins/Wilder

‘Think Liverpool not Man City’ investment

The dirty slimy tale that was Ched (fire escape) Evans

2 or 3 playoff losses incl a drive back from Yeovil...summer of pis*s-take ahead of em

A yank spin doctor and a chairman squealing “everything’s ok blades” 

Let’s not mention the 5 years we’ve had to listen to pis*sin, whinging, griping, moaning, carping, squealing during all of the above

It’ll take a little more than Sunday.

Yer but it was tevezs fault,

21 hours ago, cross owl said:

we bounce for ninety minutes at the stain and outplay them and we will have that as a positive too .

Good point. and great to know that game will end 'positive' for us.

You do realise that you are just providing more ammunition to them, don't you?

We were WELL BEATEN on Sunday.

Trash talking the next derby does not make up for this.

How about just keeping your head down for a bit while we try to get something at Brum?

14 hours ago, Good Old Arsenal said:

They call us blades until we become the owls and united jump in and nick the blades!

We give them their very own nickname and call them pigs for 130 odd years, when they suddenly decide to give us a new name, the piggies!

Ah bless, it's just like having a jealous little brother isn't it!

garymegson 

18 minutes ago, Jeff King's dog said:

Good point. and great to know that game will end 'positive' for us.

You do realise that you are just providing more ammunition to them, don't you?

We were WELL BEATEN on Sunday.

Trash talking the next derby does not make up for this.

How about just keeping your head down for a bit while we try to get something at Brum?

Everything that anyone ever says can be used as a stick to beat you with in all walks of life . We were well beaten and they are , quite rightly , giving it us . What do you suggest not singing boxing day massacre , not bouncing , not celebrating  just sit there quietly in case we lose . Sorry but thats not how I view football .  Feel free to go to the stain and tell people not to bounce in case they win . Feel free to keep your head down but I'm sorry but I've told several blades in person exactly what I wrote here . Bouncing day massacre , were having it back . 

Did most of us Owls and pigs see the result coming on Sunday?

I think we did, if we are honest. 

I know we are going to lose the odd battle, but as long as we win the war, surely that's what really matters?

If you remember the boxing day massacre and the mind the gap victory, which are probably  the two most famous steel derby games of the last forty years, the reason that they are more famous than the games when we had the double over them or they had the double over us, is because the games were pivotal to us going up and them either going down or staying where they were.

Just because we have lost this game does not mean that it cannot be used as a positive force to drive us forward. If we adopt the attitude that this will never happen again, then surely that can only be a good thing? If we had won the game against the run of play, we would have all been celebrating and enjoying ourselves, but we would have been papering over the cracks and not noticing our obvious weaknesses. i actually think that some players need to take a long hard look at themselves and I am not talking about players like Hunt and Reach, who some fans have had a go at, but the so called key players who cracked under pressure, made loads of very silly mistakes and did not play anywhere like they can in exactly the same way that they did at Wembley. Those players should have said never again after Wembley and risen to the game on Sunday, but to do the same again really questions their ability to perform on the big stage. Hopefully they will answer some of those questions positively in the games that remain this season and step up to the plate.

UTO! 

Edited by Ante's Bubbly