Open Letter to Sheffield Wednesday Football Club

Just now, damianb1 said:

What an absolute load of drivel. Opinions are fine but when you get 2 basic facts wrong in your opening paragraphs you instantly lose all credibility. Firstly we played Leeds in August 2016 not October 2016 and holt, brunt and whelan were not youth players. Holt was signed from Barrow, Whelan from Man City and Brunt from Middlesbrough.

They were all development players, Brunt and Whelan were youth team players at the club they were signed from. They all went on to success away from Wednesday.

37 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Some of the comments are justified and understandable, some of them presumptuous and ridiculous.

But why would a fan believe they are in position to lecture the club on just about every aspect of how it operates and expect to be taken seriously? 

Don't look for prombles DJM - I'm not sure the club are taking anything seriously at the moment....

S8owl, I suggest you post that to the club because they aren't going to read it on Owlstalk. I suspect they will acknowledge the letter and then completely ignore it but if it makes you feel you have contributed then that's great.

The club know there are a number of fans who will be disgruntled after today's result, they would be daft if they didn't. A couple of wins and it will blow over, a couple of losses and things might change.

2 hours ago, Ballmeist said:

You lost me at Wallace 10 out of 10. 

The bloke was absolute garbage today, and has been poor for a while. It's painfully predictable what he's going to do every time he gets near their full back. He's got an inability to go past a man or use his weaker foot. Added to that his deliveries were atrocious today from both open play and set pieces.

4/10 - and that's being generous! 

Couldn't agree more. We need pace!

2 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

But why would a fan believe they are in position to lecture the club on just about every aspect of how it operates and expect to be taken seriously? 

Thats a joke post right ?

You've been posting long enough to know that this place knows everything about everything !!

Take any topic,Merchandising,Corporate,Ticketing,First team,Under 23's,Contracts,Finances,FFP,You name it this place is full of "experts",so when an "open letter" to appears,its cos they know best,or that kind of self important cack.

7 hours ago, prowl said:

S8owl, I suggest you post that to the club because they aren't going to read it on Owlstalk. I suspect they will acknowledge the letter and then completely ignore it but if it makes you feel you have contributed then that's great.

The club know there are a number of fans who will be disgruntled after today's result, they would be daft if they didn't. A couple of wins and it will blow over, a couple of losses and things might change.

Wise words indeed.

Let's all have a pint and wait for this to blow over. We'll smash Leeds and be top by Christmas. 

Easy.

21 hours ago, damianb1 said:

What an absolute load of drivel. Opinions are fine but when you get 2 basic facts wrong in your opening paragraphs you instantly lose all credibility. Firstly we played Leeds in August 2016 not October 2016 and holt, brunt and whelan were not youth players. Holt was signed from Barrow, Whelan from Man City and Brunt from Middlesbrough.

http://www.skysports.com/football/sheff-wed-vs-leeds/report/358157

I stand corrected and the whole letter is in tatters. 20th of August, it was raining. I was there felt like September and when I checked Sky sports last night to make sure I was right of the date I picked up this years fixture.

All my constructive criticism is now invalid due to date being wrong by two months and my misjudgment of Ross Wallace's effort levels yesterday. The club is now in ruins with no possible way out.

Kieran Westwood will vouch for me being there as I was the mad man who ran to the tunnel to tell him to go into the dressing room and tell the rest of the players their performance was not good enough. 14 months later, nothing has changed. (I'm sure Kieran Westwood still has nightmares about my angry face)