Fernando Forristieri injury

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

Lord Snooty sir ,

It's now 0.22am and still no match day thread. Costello told me to wait till midnight to read some football related thread. Where is it? Why haven't you posted it yet?

Just not good enough .

Snooty out.

WTF:

Typical of the modern game. Here I am undefeated in seven in the league. And all we can do is moan about the tempo of my typing.

I know how Carlos feels now! 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

You swine!

The only reason I've been bellowing down the sewer pipe is because @Morepork went down there to retrieve some Nuhiu threads that haven't been getting much of a look in since Reach became the whipping boy.

I really must profess my innocence, a sure fire case of mistaken identity, not guilty my lord and all that....! Or as you are gentry and I am merely a commoner from the Shire do I just need to accept the injustice. lol

49 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I really must profess my innocence, a sure fire case of mistaken identity, not guilty my lord and all that....! Or as you are gentry and I am merely a commoner from the Shire do I just need to accept the injustice. lol

My mistake ,Topper!

I made the fatal mistake of presuming. A fools fault.

Seeing as I last heard of your swimming in the grime of Crooksmoor park boating lake amongst the disposable student barbecues ...ehen my man told me we'd someone in to sort the drains I just presumed it was you!

• Haha 2

Not much to elaborate on really, some people on here just misinterpreted an interview and decided that Forestieri had said he didn't want to (or in some cases, even refused) to play on the left. To my knowledge, his real statement was no more sinister than saying he prefers to play in the middle. Carlos himself even came out to clarify that Forestieri had never refused to play on the left, but the rumour mill still kept on rolling.

It's no different to if you had Tom Lees in for an interview and asked him if he'd mind playing left back. You'd get the same answer as Forestieri gave about playing on the left wing, but without the same fallout on here.

2 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

Not much to elaborate on really, some people on here just misinterpreted an interview and decided that Forestieri had said he didn't want to (or in some cases, even refused) to play on the left. To my knowledge, his real statement was no more sinister than saying he prefers to play in the middle. Carlos himself even came out to clarify that Forestieri had never refused to play on the left, but the rumour mill still kept on rolling.

It's no different to if you had Tom Lees in for an interview and asked him if he'd mind playing left back. You'd get the same answer as Forestieri gave about playing on the left wing, but without the same fallout on here.

It's not for Forestieri to say where he'd like to play.

That's why the coach showed him up.

1 hour ago, Dan™ said:

Yep, agree with that.

The staggering thing about the whole scenario, was Carlos opting to play Forestieri centrally, despite his own feeling that his role is very much out wide. As a result, it meant our best two strikers were left out of the side early on in the season, and our results suffered for it. 

Carlos managed the whole situation poorly in my opinion. If he believes FF's best role is out wide, play him there. Don't play him in a position where you believe you have better options in our squad. Forestieri's later training ground incident and injury, conveniently, forced Carlos' hand, and as a result, we've finally settled on a consistent strike pairing and more stable starting XI.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

It's not for Forestieri to say where he'd like to play.

That's why the coach showed him up.

This is true. I remember McGugan telling Carlos that he couldn't play the role Carlos wanted him to play, the writing was on the wall there on in.

I also remember Carlos on the radio basically accepting what McGugan had said but that was the end of McGugan to all intents and purposes.

12 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

This is true. I remember McGugan telling Carlos that he couldn't play the role Carlos wanted him to play, the writing was on the wall there on in.

I also remember Carlos on the radio basically accepting what McGugan had said but that was the end of McGugan to all intents and purposes.

Exactly.

On 15/09/2017 at 23:03, Lord Snooty said:

Those shuttle things you play badminton with.

Damned to you Snooty I've just tried writing the very same word on an other thread and now realised Shuttlecock  Fosbury would have been better than Richard , However  it was only a reply to Finlux Cup so it would have been a waste anyway....BTW How's the pre match post doing? Lady Owlerton has the old printer fired up I'm bringing a hard copy to the ground for Sunday to show relations who arent computer savvy 

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

But, yet again, the difference is that FF hasn't told Carlos that he won't play any role asked of him like McGugan seemingly has, so I'm not sure why the comparison.

12 hours ago, Dan™ said:

You are being very kind there.

Word for word from Carlos...

"He cant play on the left because he has to track back"

"He says he feels totally comfortable in attack and completely out of position on the left hand side".

So no, perhaps he hasnt said he wont play where he is asked, but if you were his manager and was told this, how would you feel?

11 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Damned to you Snooty......How's the pre match post doing? Lady Owlerton has the old printer fired up I'm bringing a hard copy to the ground for Sunday to show relations who arent computer savvy 

Lots of interesting facts this week old scout. 

I hope you'll all find it very ..educational! 

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

....if you were his manager and was told this, how would you feel?

I'd feel totally relaxed about it. And probably say. 

"Oh well. Don't worry. I sure you'll get the hang of it because that's where you'll be playing."

• Thanks 1