Night matches are always better

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

Yeah I don't usually miss the game

Then I have a look on Owlstalk the next day and see people complaining because I've left the game on 90 minutes and not stayed for injury time

you waster you lol   ;)

To be honest I think night matches are generally worse, cold, smaller crowds, smaller away support, less atmosphere etc.

However if it is a big match in midweek the contrast is incredible, the whole place comes to life under the lights for big games.

I will never forget the the Burnley (cup) West Ham (cup) Kaiserslautern, Chelsea x2 (both Lc Qf and sf) Liverpool  (Lc qf) Bristol city (promotion game) Brentford (playoff) Sheff Utd (Zenith data) night  matches, but the Brighton match was something else, doubt if it will beaten, the incredible noise from all 3 an half sides of the ground has probably been matched at the Wycombe match, but the constant bouncing and light display will stay with me forever.

Some will say (mainly pig fans) that  it looked like a Barry Manillow gig, but those that say it just weren't there, it may be repeated on other big night matches but in my opinion it will never be equalled let alone beaten. 

Edited by OWL1969

4 hours ago, Stoop said:

Rushing home from work to see us take and defend a 1-0 lead isn't my idea of fun tbh 

That's unfair. We have expanded our repertoire this season.

We now have the go one down, a 15 minute purple patch and equalize, then run out of ideas.

You can't beat night games although for us that travel the Highways Agency do a ruddy good job. You can imagine the joy I was feeling after the play off defeat v Huddersfield when the signs announced the M1 was closed and a 15 mile detour round Nottingham. 

Though as after the Sunderland game get 3 miles from home on a final detour and you suddenly spot the car in front as an Owl reg plate. So hello to the fellow fan who lives near the Co-op in West Bletchley 

The three cup games against Arsenal @ Leicester over 7 days in 1979 was not just a football event - it took over my life and consumed me as an 11 year old. By the third game it was like walking through Hillsborough we had that many fans there; recognising everyone on route singing top of our voices walking past the terrace houses, and standing in the same place on the terraces at Filbert Street surrounded by people who were doing the same - it was like a family outing. Shed a tear the last night; partly because we'd lost but mostly that there wouldn't be another evening doing the same ritual with the best fans in the world.