Swfc fans cars being broke into

Unfortunately if you park on the lower end of Herries Road, it's obvious you are going to the game, especially if you have Owls stickers etc showing on your car.

I park over a mile from the ground, overlooked by houses.  Not obvious I'm at the footy.  Long walk back but safer.  

Some people leave jumpers, coats on the back seat.  Only takes a second to put stuff in the boot.   

I imagine it's the same kid doing it.  Probably on drugs.  I've seen a few cars with windows smashed.

Seems worse between 5 Arches viaduct and Herries school (or whatever it's now called... on Penrith Rd).

57 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Unfortunately if you park on the lower end of Herries Road, it's obvious you are going to the game, especially if you have Owls stickers etc showing on your car.

I park over a mile from the ground, overlooked by houses.  Not obvious I'm at the footy.  Long walk back but safer.  

Some people leave jumpers, coats on the back seat.  Only takes a second to put stuff in the boot.   

I imagine it's the same kid doing it.  Probably on drugs.  I've seen a few cars with windows smashed.

Seems worse between 5 Arches viaduct and Herries school (or whatever it's now called... on Penrith Rd).

And it will get worse with the dark night's and late games too.

Can't understand why people park on herries anymore with cars getting broke into every game.

11 hours ago, Grassy knoll said:

For a few years now,walking back up Herries Rd after the games,i have noticed pretty much every time,cars that have parked up for the match around the pond and woodland on herries have been broken into,I would urge fellow swfc fans to stop parking around that area,thieving scum are about. Cars parked further up nearer the houses always appear ok. 

I don't know if things are being taken from the cars or if its just scum being malicious.

Just a heads up to fellow fans. 

Hardly a "heads up" years after you noticed it. :manager:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Grassy knoll said:

For a few years now,walking back up Herries Rd after the games,i have noticed pretty much every time,cars that have parked up for the match around the pond and woodland on herries have been broken into,I would urge fellow swfc fans to stop parking around that area,thieving scum are about. Cars parked further up nearer the houses always appear ok. 

I don't know if things are being taken from the cars or if its just scum being malicious.

Just a heads up to fellow fans. 

you are quite right about that area, its been going on since we were in premier league ,I used to always park round there until late 1990s ,until I got back to car seeing around 40 cars smashed on one Saturday afternoon ,lucky for me mine didn't get touched , I now park in a better place ,the police though were happy handing tickets out but couldn't give a damm about your car.

4 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

you are quite right about that area, its been going on since we were in premier league ,I used to always park round there until late 1990s ,until I got back to car seeing around 40 cars smashed on one Saturday afternoon ,lucky for me mine didn't get touched , I now park in a better place ,the police though were happy handing tickets out but couldn't give a damm about your car.

40?

I think you really mean about 3 or 4 really don't you?, go on admit you exaggerated that .

lol

1 minute ago, lukestheman82 said:

You're the car thief and now repenting, admit it.lol

You got me...ive had a few years of fun but thats me done now.

in all seriousness though, some utter scumbags about,i saw 2 or 3 cars broke into after Sunderland match and 1 or 2 after the qpr, 

maybe we should have an owlstalk vigilante group waiting to ambush the scrubbers 

7 minutes ago, Grassy knoll said:

You got me...ive had a few years of fun but thats me done now.

in all seriousness though, some utter scumbags about,i saw 2 or 3 cars broke into after Sunderland match and 1 or 2 after the qpr, 

maybe we should have an owlstalk vigilante group waiting to ambush the scrubbers 

But how can we attack anyone if we haven't got our keyboards with us....

7 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

I'm a fake taxi driver anyhow :ph34r:

Seen ya videos ya dirty b4stard

Edited by Ash76