not the full story !!Rangers Fans Accused of Stealing and Abusing man with a pram

2 hours ago, Totleyowl said:

Rangers fans were brilliant a credit to their club and city ......Just because a few of them allegedly got involved in a bit of bother ..which frankly happens at many football  grounds up and down the country  is no reason to tar the 99.99999995% of them who did nothing more than support their footy club  ...once again for the2nd time  in the last few years it was great to mingle and share a drink with our Scotish Cussons.......I remember when our fans were like them....Then the middle class turned up and ruined it all... 

Sorry Chuck but they aint cousins of mine. And judging by the flags are they Scottish?

Guest Wacker62

Wonder what would have happened if 10,000 Leeds fans had come down for the day instead, utter carnage. I enjoyed yesterdays game for what it was "a friendly" . The Rangers fans vocal support was incredible, a great spectacle, doubt we will see support like that at Hillsborough for a long time. As for their songs, we live in a democracy and they are allowed within reason to sing what they want. As for the Sheffield Star article, usual tripe, not very well written, lacking substance and inaccurate as always.

9 minutes ago, Wacker62 said:

Wonder what would have happened if 10,000 Leeds fans had come down for the day instead, utter carnage. I enjoyed yesterdays game for what it was "a friendly" . The Rangers fans vocal support was incredible, a great spectacle, doubt we will see support like that at Hillsborough for a long time. As for their songs, we live in a democracy and they are allowed within reason to sing what they want. As for the Sheffield Star article, usual tripe, not very well written, lacking substance and inaccurate as always.

Rubbish

huge numbers in the north stand were singing particular songs that are banned in Scotland due to them being racist/secterian. 

Edited by meadowview owl

4 hours ago, antof said:

888 what about Roman catholic wednesdayites, who couldn't go to Hillsborough yesterday because they knew  sectarian songs would be sang.

Sad when some posters don't care that fellow owls are made to feel uncomfortable in our home ground.

Couldn't go?

My Mum is Italian and I'm Roman Catholic but I thought the Rangers support was ace!

I haven't got time to judge or get offended and I've sang Wednesday songs in the past that I'm not inclined to sing now.

This world is losing the right to be controversial, diverse and interesting but it will always be there so unless you accept that you will be complaining until the end of days.

49 minutes ago, robswfc said:

Unless you donate anonymously, charity is not a selfless act. It's not f*cking heartwarming- those people are donating to better/repair their own and their club's reputation. 

The less cynical would suggest they are trying to right a wrong by apologising AND giving their hard-earned. Nothing to criticise there unless the reason for your annoyance runs deeper than simply what happened to John....

4 hours ago, antof said:

888 what about Roman catholic wednesdayites, who couldn't go to Hillsborough yesterday because they knew  sectarian songs would be sang.

Sad when some posters don't care that fellow owls are made to feel uncomfortable in our home ground.

So you won't go to watch a game of football because there may be singing that offends you? You're not really cut out for this football lark, are you? 

Right, in the walk from Sainsbury to the ticket office to pick my season ticket up I got asked by drunken rangers fans three time what I thought of Celtic. In the queue to pick up my ST in MY TEAMS SHOP I was asked again.

Right. I quite like Celtic. I'm no big fan, but Ive been a few times. And no, I'm not Catholic.

So what we are saying on here are rangers fans are friendly? If you agree with em. If I turned round and said I quite like Celtic I suspect they would have turned not quite so friendly. Considering they ripped a 78 old mans wig off and abused him for dressing in green.

They was an edge to them. Mass ( no pun intended) gangs walking about singing political songs and carrying flags. I saw more red hand of ulster flags than rangers flags. You know what, it looked a little bit like a far right rally. But I'm no expert.

I am saying you cant judge Rangers fans by the people who turned up at Hillsboro. A lot do not travel because of this nonsense. Quite a lot of traveling  "Rangers" supporter aren't Rangers supporters. I saw Leeds, Birmingam and West Ham tattoos and badges and more stone island attire than you could throw a stick at.

They come for the politics, not the football. And that's why they should never be invited to Hillsborough again.

Now can we discuss football!

43 minutes ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

Right, in the walk from Sainsbury to the ticket office to pick my season ticket up I got asked by drunken rangers fans three time what I thought of Celtic. In the queue to pick up my ST in MY TEAMS SHOP I was asked again.

Right. I quite like Celtic. I'm no big fan, but Ive been a few times. And no, I'm not Catholic.

So what we are saying on here are rangers fans are friendly? If you agree with em. If I turned round and said I quite like Celtic I suspect they would have turned not quite so friendly. Considering they ripped a 78 old mans wig off and abused him for dressing in green.

They was an edge to them. Mass ( no pun intended) gangs walking about singing political songs and carrying flags. I saw more red hand of ulster flags than rangers flags. You know what, it looked a little bit like a far right rally. But I'm no expert.

I am saying you cant judge Rangers fans by the people who turned up at Hillsboro. A lot do not travel because of this nonsense. Quite a lot of traveling  "Rangers" supporter aren't Rangers supporters. I saw Leeds, Birmingam and West Ham tattoos and badges and more stone island attire than you could throw a stick at.

They come for the politics, not the football. And that's why they should never be invited to Hillsborough again.

Now can we discuss football!

Sorry but that is garbage 1st and foremost they are Rangers fans there to support Rangers.

I had a stone island jacket on what's the problem with that FFS?

9 hours ago, Wacker62 said:

I wasn't at the match, so my comments assume that what I've read are mainly true...

If 10,000 Leeds fans had come down for the day, abused a popular well known, elderly, charity collector, run on the pitch, sung offensive songs (Munich perhaps?), thrown bottles at Wallace, thrown smoke bombs, abused catering staff, would it all be ok as long as they have incredible vocal support and provide a great spectacle?

Would a few generous donations make you think more favourably of them.

Leeds have their share of idiots. More than most, but less than the likes of Rangers (and Celtic for that matter).  

OK, Forest fans don't ask me what I think to County. City fans are not interested in what I think to Rovers. Don't think I ever been asked by a Villa fan what I think to Birmingham. But if I was I could say I don't have a problem with em. Didn't think that way on Sunday.

But I take on board stone island. I have a bomber jacket but am not a skin head. I just don't understand why rangers fans had Leeds, Birmingham and West Ham tattoos and badges.

13 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

So a couple of fans have given 15 quid makes it all reyt.

flipping disgrace, met John a few times and he's one of the nicest blokes you could meer,  the sh!te on Sunday is not acceptable in anyway. 

Rangers should be chucking in 

Yeah our fans are always impeccable on away matches.