Carlos says......

40 minutes ago, RichieB said:

All about opinions but for me we do need 2 CB's. Sasso has left and we needed 1 when he was here. 

Hutch can't be relied on to stay fit long enough, CB is a position you don't want to be changing too often and he'll be used in midfield anyway imo. Loovens is getting older and slows our play down the most, he will take a backseat this season if we get the CB we really want. 

Imo we need a quality CB to partner Lees and a "sasso" type CB (maybe from abroad again?) as another back up. 

If Hutch is used in midfield, and you might be right there, people had better prepare themselves for Bannan or Abdi wide left. There won't be enough creativity with just Hutchinson and Lee in midfield

27 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

Maybe he will play FF out wide most of the season? not out an out pace but defenders hate it when he runs at them,

Reach no slouch either. 

Just like CC doesnt like the beast in CM, i think fast wingers going on the outside isnt something he is crazy about either. got a feeling FF and Reach will alternate on the left, looking to really go at their RB. with Boyd and Wallace sharing RM but playing much narrower allowing Hunt to overlap. 

If we dont bring another wide player in (not forgetting Matias) and go with the above, i wont mind that..

as long as we dont see BB, Abdi or Lee out wide all season we will do well.

If this is in fact the case, I ask why we have bought Winnall, Fletcher and Rhodes, most of whom have built a reputation as being good finishers particularly in the air who would thrive on quick breaks and early crosses.

For me, the following aren't good enough to start for us if we want to push for automatic;

Loovens

Pudil

Fox

Hunt

Palmer

Jones

Matias

Bannan (TIn Hat on)

Joao

Nuhui (Obviously)

That means for me the most critical positions are RB, LB, CB.

On top of that we need a pacey winner, all combined with spending the Summer working on higher levels of fitness and a more positive approach. With the players at our disposal in midfield and upfront we should be tearing this league a new one and play like we believe it. I want to see the swagger come back we had much of the time two seasons ago when even trailing by 2 at half time we still backed us to turn it round.

3 minutes ago, OutspokenTom said:

If this is in fact the case, I ask why we have bought Winnall, Fletcher and Rhodes, most of whom have built a reputation as being good finishers particularly in the air who would thrive on quick breaks and early crosses.

For me, the following aren't good enough to start for us if we want to push for automatic;

Loovens

Pudil

Fox

Hunt

Palmer

Jones

Matias

Bannan (TIn Hat on)

Joao

Nuhui (Obviously)

On top of that we need a pacey winner, all combined with spending the Summer working on higher levels of fitness and a more positive approach. With the players at our disposal in midfield and upfront we should be tearing this league a new one and play like we believe it. I want to see the swagger come back we had much of the time two seasons ago when even trailing by 2 at half time we still backed us to turn it round.

They don't call you OutspokenTom for nothing... lolNot much there I'd disagree with.

Edited by Morepork

Just now, gurujuan said:

If Hutch is used in midfield, and you might be right there, people had better prepare themselves for Bannan or Abdi wide left. There won't be enough creativity with just Hutchinson and Lee in midfield

I completely agree, it's a tough one. Maybe hutch could be used predominantly away from home? He put in some excellent performances away from home last season, Newcastle being his best overall imo, he gives us that protection we need away and if you watch his positioning for a DM is top notch. 

We have such a huge squad it's genuinely tough for Carlos to choose, but especially at home I'd rather see a more creative central midfield 2 

7 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Supposedly but the energy and physical presence isn't there when Hutchinson is out

what happened to 4/5 players?

I agree but I doubt we will sign any other midfielders now,

in essence the 4 are : Boyd; Rhodes (if you count him and 2 cb's that Carlos wants 

Just now, Morepork said:

They don't call you OutspokenTom for nothing... lol

garymegson I'm just hoping we get a much stronger defence that Carlos trusts. It would hopefully mean he breaks the shackles that have made us almost impotent going forward over the last 12 months.

1 minute ago, OutspokenTom said:

Loovens

Pudil

Fox

Hunt

Palmer

Jones

Matias

Bannan (TIn Hat on)

Joao

Nuhui (Obviously)

both our full backs will provide crosses for the forwards, as will any of the 4 wide men mentioned, Wallace/boyd  mite shift it a yard and cross rather than get round the outside to the byline but it matters not.

Lots of posts saying what we need in the posters opinion. in my posts im not talking about my preference as it matters not. its based on what i think CC could be thinking as the squad takes shape. 

19 minutes ago, RichieB said:

All about opinions but for me we do need 2 CB's. Sasso has left and we needed 1 when he was here. 

Hutch can't be relied on to stay fit long enough, CB is a position you don't want to be changing too often and he'll be used in midfield anyway imo. Loovens is getting older and slows our play down the most, he will take a backseat this season if we get the CB we really want. 

This