Carlos says......

I think we can debate formations all day on here but fundamentally I don't see any change for the new season.

I think we will start this season as we did the last one trying to be more positive . Hopefully we will manage to win games early on which will mean we continue to be positive. It is all about points and we could not turn good performances into points early last season.

Last night the full backs played high up the pitch because we dominated the ball. They can stay wide , play as wingers because we are in possession.

Contrast that with the two playoff games. We got outplayed in midfield both games, full backs couldn't make runs , we never got out of our half. Forwards not in the game.

If we want to play positive, attacking football  then we need to ensure we get enough possession for us to get forward as a team.

We also need to be good in both penalty areas especially with set pieces at both ends

17 hours ago, Bigblueowl said:

If we weren't Wednesday fans we would look at this and think that is a quality side that any Championship club would happy to have.

Obviously we are Wednesday aren't we so 1 centre half, 1 defensive midfielder/machine and a quick tricky winger job done for me.

I look at that list and see quality players...just the defence does not have enough of them

9 minutes ago, Owling said:

Carlos you're not going to learn from your 'Groundhog Day' matchday performances

Edited by well endowed owl

17 hours ago, oldishowl said:

I think we can debate formations all day on here but fundamentally I don't see any change for the new season.

I think we will start this season as we did the last one trying to be more positive . Hopefully we will manage to win games early on which will mean we continue to be positive. It is all about points and we could not turn good performances into points early last season.

Last night the full backs played high up the pitch because we dominated the ball. They can stay wide , play as wingers because we are in possession.

Contrast that with the two playoff games. We got outplayed in midfield both games, full backs couldn't make runs , we never got out of our half. Forwards not in the game.

If we want to play positive, attacking football  then we need to ensure we get enough possession for us to get forward as a team.

We also need to be good in both penalty areas especially with set pieces at both ends

I am sure you are right. I have no idea why we debate formations on here. It's 442 give or take, and that's fine.

Many of us criticise Carlos for shoe-horning his favourites, but when it comes to a "pick your team" thread many fans change the formation to get their own faves in, despite knowing that it will be 442 come 3pm or 7.45pm.

I suspect you are bang-on, that it will be 442 but with more attacking intent. Certainly hope so. 

20% more attacking intent.

Proper balance in all 46 games.

Wont be far away, and it will be much more pleasurable to watch.

Guest The Horse
3 hours ago, Bigblueowl said:

I though that! Surely he has or he has ask for the front bit to be shaved lol He obviously needed something up front!

Well, now that Carlos has got it done, surely it's the 'must have' statement for all our follically challenged fans this coming season.