John Terry

On a 1 Year Contract, he's looking at wages of £3,120,000 now to sign him to cover the cost of his wages only it would require 

42,887 shirts with his name and number and the sleeve patches to cover these wages. (adult shirts)

An extra 1,578 paying fans per game (average ticket price £43) 

or obviously a mixture of the 2.

I've seen someone has said that it is nothing more than a publicity signing, this might be true but if it pulls in a few extra people each game and sells a few extra shirts for the fact we have Terry the numbers could make financial sense. All this is without him having to kick a ball he could even be on the bench and people would still come to the games as they might have a chance to see Terry play. 

Personally no I wouldn't want us to sign him as he wouldn't bring anything to our team and he isn't what we need right now but for the right club the numbers could make sense.

9 hours ago, marcx666 said:

Its not about it being my money or the clubs, or whatever, its simple business. If your top earners are on say 35-40k a week, and someone comes in on 60k a week, it will clearly cause issues. Hence why I wouldnt want him for 60k a week, it aint rocket science mate 

Not sure why it would cause issues. Terry has played his entire career at the top of the game - none of our current players have. There is good reason why he would earn more. Does it cause issues now that some players int he squad get more than others? With the exception of FF I think everyone else understand how this works.

Not saying we should sign him btw - think those wages are just too high.

17 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

Terry is overrated. If he had been playing for an average side or below his weaknesses would have been found out. For a start he's miles too slow and his positional sense is not great either. 

Glenn Loovens is the slowest defender on the planet , he's done okay here . Terry is a quality defender any which way you look at it 

29 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

Terry is overrated. If he had been playing for an average side or below his weaknesses would have been found out. For a start he's miles too slow and his positional sense is not great either. 

I'm sorry but you don't get away with it at the top level for over 10 Years if he is anything like what you are suggesting. 

Personally, I cant stand the bloke but there is no denying that he has been an excelllent captain and central defender for Chelsea. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

11 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

I'm sorry but you don't get away with it at the top level for over 10 Years if he is anything like what you are suggesting. 

Personally, I cant stand the bloke but there is no denying that he has been an excelllent captain and central defender for Chelsea. 

Has been and was. Correct

9 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

You are certainly right that Terry can't be so severely lacking to compete at the highest level for so long.

However, he has been at Chelsea for that entire time, with always one (sometimes two) top class defensive midfielder(s) sat in front of him. Claude Makelele in his pomp would allow almost any centre half behind him to look rock solid.

Terry barely played last season, so making any definitive judgement on his ability to play late into his career would be almost impossible. 60k a week is a big gamble for any club at this level IMO.

His influence, ability to lead and his stature as a prize winning bellend are the only things you could be sure of.

20 minutes ago, billyblack said:

You tell me. You appear to be the one getting stressy. He 'was' a quality defender. In my opinion he isnt anymore. Hence the was.

I'm chilled about it all, I've got my view you've got yours, not sure why you'd say otherwise. I think it might be a misinterpretation on your part and that says more about you than it does about me. :biggrin:

Edited by AwokenGiant