John Terry

2 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

I'm chilled about it all, I've got my view you've got yours, not sure why you'd say otherwise. I think it might be a misinterpretation on your part and that says more about you than it does about me. :biggrin:

Not at all. I wasnt misinterpreting anything. Just clarifying my point based on your query.

I'd have him in the team, JT maybe past his peak in the prem but I've seen Chelsea play a few times in recent yrs and he is class. 

Maybe not the wife shagging / racism parts of his life, but for football, there's a reason Chelsea have won so many trophies with him as a leader. 

I'd have him all day long based on ability. Its John Terry FFS. What are some of you on that you'd turn your nose up at a former England Captain, Multiple PL winner and Champions League winner. You're on crack.

The only drawback is I wouldn't be too bothered about chucking 60k-80k a week as is being reported.

1 minute ago, j17tjp said:

I'd have him in the team, JT maybe past his peak in the prem but I've seen Chelsea play a few times in recent yrs and he is class. 

Maybe not the wife shagging / racism parts of his life, but for football, there's a reason Chelsea have won so many trophies with him as a leader. 

I don't disagree in recent years. What about now? 9 games last season, 3 of those as sub. He isn't going to get any better now

Just now, ramone said:

I'd have him all day long based on ability. Its John Terry FFS. What are some of you on that you'd turn your nose up at a former England Captain, Multiple PL winner and Champions League winner. You're on crack.

The only drawback is I wouldn't be too bothered about chucking 60k-80k a week as is being reported.

Lets get Tony Adams and Terry Butcher as well whilst we are at it.

9 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Hanley for 5 seasons or Terry for 1 it's not even a close call Terry at 40 will still be a better player than Hanley in his prime.

Hhhhhmmm ok.

Forget Hanley for a minute. I'm sure we can a sign a centre half that will be better than Terry will be when he's 40. Lets see how he fairs next season first before assuming he will still be good at 40

1 minute ago, AwokenGiant said:

I'm with you...but, it was more assertive than stressed! 

Fair enough mate. Bear in mind I have no body language to view, just text. Its hard to gauge sometimes as people on the end of my emails will testify -)

7 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Hhhhhmmm ok.

Forget Hanley for a minute. I'm sure we can a sign a centre half that will be better than Terry will be when he's 40. Lets see how he fairs next season first before assuming he will still be good at 40

Can we sign a centre half who will be better than Terry next season though?

Also you surely don't rate Hanley do you?

7 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Can we sign a centre half who will be better than Terry next season though?

Also you surely don't rate Hanley do you?

Don't know much about Hanley. Not enough to get excited about him put it that way.

Im sure we can sign a centre half who would have better odds of performing better than Terry yes, I think its a step in the wrong direction for us. We already have Loovens at 33. Do we need another CB at 36/37. If Lees gets injured we are stuck with 2 pedestrian centre backs. I would rather us spend some money on 2 CB's at say £30k a week In the mid 20's or they guy we are supposed to be looking at. For me the Villa/Terry thing is nothing more than a business signing. In my opinion money can be better spent on a CB elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

Well I received three negatives for having the temerity to suggest him as player manager at Watford, so to even mention his name in connection with SWFC would probably lead to a contract being placed on my head.

That makes more sense to me than just playing as a CB although management experience could be an issue for them. He could just play if needed although you don't get many of these nowadays it seems

10 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

Well I received three negatives for having the temerity to suggest him as player manager at Watford, so to even mention his name in connection with SWFC would probably lead to a contract being placed on my head.

I know it's been sunny lately in the UK but I think you would look a bit odd walking around with a contract on your head. :wacko: