Top 10 managers in the EFL

Just now, offalyowl said:

What about winnall, Joao, matais, melo, another left back we signed from charlton, can't think of his name at the moment, also every player we signed for free wasn't cheap on wages and then we had to renew contracts for ff and bannan and that wasn't cheap either 

Id forgotten about Winall £500k hardly wasted 

Joao can't remember how much he was got £1m in my head will stand being corrected he's a youngster who did OK on loan so plenty of time to recoup his fee

Matias same (wasn't he about £2m) 

Whatever way you add it up its gonna be far short of £30m you are claiming 

Wages for Free Signings have to be paid or is it your assertion that every player Stuart Gray signed played for free ?

While we're at it care to name a Manager with a 100% hit rate on transfers 

We get it you don't rate CC 

2 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Id forgotten about Winall £500k hardly wasted 

Joao can't remember how much he was got £1m in my head will stand being corrected he's a youngster who did OK on loan so plenty of time to recoup his fee

Matias same (wasn't he about £2m) 

Whatever way you add it up its gonna be far short of £30m you are claiming 

Wages for Free Signings have to be paid or is it your assertion that every player Stuart Gray signed played for free ?

While we're at it care to name a Manager with a 100% hit rate on transfers 

We get it you don't rate CC 

I don't rate him because in 15 years we had no money to spend, he has and in fairness he hasn't a great record with recruitment and if you think about it, half our team was bought by Stuart gray and a lot of them was free transfers, his negative tactics in the play offs semi final was the last straw for me 

49 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

The best thing about the Carlos out mob is that after he signed again they will be spewing for another season...it's tearing their guts out... if they had any   lol 

I think you're the one "spewing their guts out".

What a boring *** you are.

I bet you and your postie have some right laughs on your nights out.

There is no mob.

You live in a paranoic fantasy.

It's a football forum.

People have opinions about what they please to have opinions about...

That could include you if you offered one instead of the repetitive imbecilic mutterings you come out with.

41 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I think you're the one "spewing their guts out".

What a boring *** you are.

I bet you and your postie have some right laughs on your nights out.

There is no mob.

You live in a paranoic fantasy.

It's a football forum.

People have opinions about what they please to have opinions about...

That could include you if you offered one instead of the repetitive imbecilic mutterings you come out with.

I've posted my opinions on here and backed them with my money...funny enough the ones with the biggest gobs like you didn't have the gonads to back your spurious drivel up...no surprise there then lol

19 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I've posted my opinions on here and backed them with my money...funny enough the ones with the biggest gobs like you didn't have the gonads to back your spurious drivel up...no surprise there then lol

What are you on about?

1 hour ago, offalyowl said:

I don't rate him because in 15 years we had no money to spend, he has and in fairness he hasn't a great record with recruitment and if you think about it, half our team was bought by Stuart gray and a lot of them was free transfers, his negative tactics in the play offs semi final was the last straw for me 

You said he wasted £30m justify that 

Your assessment of his tactics have no bearing on that claim and he has given us our 2 best finishes in a generation using those tactics half our team wasn't signed by Gray

The fact is you cant and he hasn't 

Edited by Lawrie Madden

Well he wasted 10 million on Jordan Rhodes so that's a third of it and 5 in reach who I think might come good but we will have to see about that, 4 million on abdi and so that's nearly 20 million and I haven't even mentioned the players I mentioned earlier, we bought winnall for half a million and scored as much as Jr and yet wasn't even brought on in the semi final, how can you justify that 

1 hour ago, offalyowl said:

Well he wasted 10 million on Jordan Rhodes so that's a third of it and 5 in reach who I think might come good but we will have to see about that, 4 million on abdi and so that's nearly 20 million and I haven't even mentioned the players I mentioned earlier, we bought winnall for half a million and scored as much as Jr and yet wasn't even brought on in the semi final, how can you justify that 

Rhodes has been at the club half a season after hardly playing at Boro and you call that wasting 10 mil, give the bloke a chance FFS  Reach was a 1st team regular regularly lauded on these very pages.

I don't need to justify anything because im not making any claims, you are 

I think all it comes down to is that any player you have decided not to like is ergo a waste of money 

Abdi spent most of the season injured even a basic perusal of these pages and you'll find i was very critical of him not grabbing the chances he was given but that doesn't mean ive wrote him off because the evidence that he's a decent footballer is out there 

When i read circular arguments like this one it makes me wonder why you support a club you seem to dislike so much 

Edited by Lawrie Madden

2 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

What are you on about?

Carlos  would be gone by September...We wouldn't make the play offs last season, he would be gone by Xmas, we wouldn't do better than the season before and get to the play offs...ad nauseum...non of which you put your money where your mouth was unlike a lot of posters on here...all proceeds going to the Childrens Hospital  Charity

37 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Rhodes has been at the club half a season after hardly playing at Boro and you call that wasting 10 mil, give the bloke a chance FFS  Reach was a 1st team regular regularly lauded on these very pages.

I don't need to justify anything because im not making any claims, you are 

I think all it comes down to is that any player you have decided not to like is ergo a waste of money 

Abdi spent most of the season injured even a basic perusal of these pages and you'll find i was very critical of him not grabbing the chances he was given but that doesn't mean ive wrote him off because the evidence that he's a decent footballer is out there 

When i read circular arguments like this one it makes me wonder why you support a club you seem to dislike so much 

We just agree to disagree pal because I'm not to agree with you and your not with me so it's best we leave at that, by the way I love the club and you obviously do too but because we have different opinions, doesn't mean your a better supporter than me or anyone else, have a good life and let's hope this time next year we be getting ready for the premiership 

So a bloke has got two consecutive top six finishes isn't good enough.

All his success is down to the money he has spent. Zero credit for identifying and bringing in key players and moulding a side which has taken us within touching distance of promotion two years on the trot. 

Wonder how many of the anti Carlos brigade were on his case last year when we made our way to Wembley. Did you think he was rubbish then? Not as good as Stuart Gray? 

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

All his success is down to the money he has spent. Zero credit for identifying and bringing in key players and moulding a side which has taken us within touching distance of promotion two years on the trot. 

Wonder how many of the anti Carlos brigade were on his case last year when we made our way to Wembley. Did you think he was rubbish then? Not as good as Stuart Gray? 

Don't waste your time mate...fukem

strange list that ...top efl manager for me  is gary bowyer coz anyone who can blackpool promoted must have summat about him .....the bloke who saved Newport would be up there as well as would tisdale at Exeter ....

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

When he first came in I was underwhelmed to say the least, however in that season I was proved wrong and more than happy to admit that. We came so close and I honestly believed our shortfalls would be sorted, how wrong was I.

Second season, whilst we finished 2 places higher in a weaker league we never troubled the top 2, played football that looked like an expensive upgrade on Gray's own dull brand. We shoehorned players into a team that never worked, when he introduced balance we saw results pick up. At our most crucial point of the season he reverted back to everything that was wrong with our season and we blew a GOLDEN chance of promotion.

We will never have a better chance of promotion than the one we just passed up, this year will be more difficult and I have no confidence Carlos can raise to the challenge.

Top 6 is the minimum expectation this year, some would argue top 2 but with the likes of Reading, Fulham, Derby, Hull, Villa, Norwich, Boro  all going to be challenging, not to mention the likes of Birmingham who have a manager who can get a team out of this league, Sunderland who could go either way. Top 6 isn't nailed on at all and I strongly believe we will be sat here in 12 months time having the same debate, if he is still here.