Top 10 managers in the EFL

50 minutes ago, offalyowl said:

Yeah I'd like an honest answer, earlier in this thread I asked could anyone give me 3 valid reasons why Carlos should be here after the semi finals this year and il hold my hands up and say I'm wrong but got grieve and still never got them and also I'm a foreigner so can't see your point there pal

1st Season 6th 

2nd Season 4th 

Most points in Championship since BFR got us promoted in 91.

3 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

1st Season 6th 

2nd Season 4th 

Most points in Championship since BFR got us promoted in 91.

In fairness you it's not really a fair comparison when comparing Carlos to the rest of the managers we've had since relegation from the Premier League.

The likes of Brian Laws, Dave Jones, Paul Jewel, Chris Turner, Stuart Gray and Terry Yorath weren't afforded the luxury of the level of financial backing that Carlos has enjoyed. Thanks to years of Mismanagement they were left scrapping around trying to sign players that nobody else wanted.

It'd be interesting to see how Carlos would do at this level with a side consisting of Darren Potter, Tommy Miller, Luke Varney, Leon Clarke and James O'Connor and knowing there's no money to strengthen.

No doubt we've acheived year on year progress under Carlos but to compare him to some of his predecessors who had far tougher working conditions as a little unfair.

51 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

In fairness you it's not really a fair comparison when comparing Carlos to the rest of the managers we've had since relegation from the Premier League.

The likes of Brian Laws, Dave Jones, Paul Jewel, Chris Turner, Stuart Gray and Terry Yorath weren't afforded the luxury of the level of financial backing that Carlos has enjoyed. Thanks to years of Mismanagement they were left scrapping around trying to sign players that nobody else wanted.

It'd be interesting to see how Carlos would do at this level with a side consisting of Darren Potter, Tommy Miller, Luke Varney, Leon Clarke and James O'Connor and knowing there's no money to strengthen.

No doubt we've acheived year on year progress under Carlos but to compare him to some of his predecessors who had far tougher working conditions as a little unfair.

I agree he's had increased backing and has improved our league position both seasons.

So he's doing well then, Maybe not over achieved but he's achieved what we could reasonably expect. 

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Off the top of my head, here are three reasons I'm more than happy that we're keeping Carlos:

1) He's achieved consecutive top-six finishes in his first two seasons in English football, which is nothing to be sniffed at, despite what some on here seem to think. Unless you think we had an automatic-promotion-ready squad at the start of either of Carlos' seasons in charge?

2) He has a 46% win rate, meaning that only minor tweaks are now needed to nudge us from being playoff regulars to automatic-chasers.

3) He represents continuity and stability, which, short of splurging the kind of cash a club like ours without parachute payments simply can't afford, gives us our best chance of competing at the top of this division next season. I can't think of anyone better placed to quickly assess the strengths and weaknesses of our squad, establish a style of play and hit the ground running come August.

Why do you want him sacked?

Only need one word out of that lot for me -  Continuity.

Good leaders know one thing "One voice" - one voice, one direction.   It doesn't have to be the best plan in the world, but it has to be carried off with unity of the whole to do the job of the single idea. 

I personally do not see Carlos as the best available in this division right now, but if we were to move from  Carlos to what I perceive to be the best, all the good work goes out of the window and it starts again.

No thanks,   Let's keep Carlos and achieve what we need to achieve sooner.

31 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

Only need one word out of that lot for me -  Continuity.

Good leaders know one thing "One voice" - one voice, one direction.   It doesn't have to be the best plan in the world, but it has to be carried off with unity of the whole to do the job of the single idea. 

I personally do not see Carlos as the best available in this division right now, but if we were to move from  Carlos to what I perceive to be the best, all the good work goes out of the window and it starts again.

No thanks,   Let's keep Carlos and achieve what we need to achieve sooner.

But at what point do you say thats another season without promotion so enough is enough, only to bring a new man in and give him time. Either way is a gamble.

3 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

Cheers...that'll do lol

I'll take your opinion because that's yours and il respect that but just because I don't agree it or anyone else doesn't make your any better than ours, anyway I just buried a good friend of mine today but we will finish this conversion again 

25 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

Completely build a squad? Westwood, Loovens, Lee, Lees and Hutchinson (who are basically the spine of the team) were here before him. 

Stop making things up. 

I guess we will find out who "knows more about football" when CC goes and we can see just what was achieved. If I'm wrong I will come on and hold my hands up.......I hope you will do the same.

This, plus it is arguable that Stuart Gray and many other managers would have achieved more with the amount of money Carlos has been given to spend. To say he has built the squad from scratch is ridiculous. Recruitment has been relatively poor over the past two years.

15 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

This, plus it is arguable that Stuart Gray and many other managers would have achieved more with the amount of money Carlos has been given to spend. To say he has built the squad from scratch is ridiculous. Recruitment has been relatively poor over the past two years.

This for me is the biggest question mark over Carlos, recruitment.

Would Stuart Gray and Brian Laws have been afforded the luxury of signing Abdi, Jones, Rhodes, Joao, Matias and Reach with their comparable returns to the first team?

I have to smile at threads like this.

People moan about the squad, lack of pace, lack of physical players, full backs are crap, why do we sign players who are always injured, Loovens plays at walking pace , FF 's attitude is wrong , recruitment is rubbish etc etc and then same people moan when the manager only gets this bag of tripe to 4th in the league and misses out in a penalty shoot out

9 hours ago, offalyowl said:

I'll take your opinion because that's yours and il respect that but just because I don't agree it or anyone else doesn't make your any better than ours, anyway I just buried a good friend of mine today but we will finish this conversion again 

Sorry to hear that...there are more important things than football...condolences mate