3-5-2

Guest Arnold

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Well yes' but at the moment, Wallace and Forestieri play wide, and they are by far our most creative players Where would they fit in such a system

Play 3-4-1-2 with either Abdi or Forestieri in the hole behind Fletcher and Hooper.  Bannan and Lee both in Central Midfield behind them.  Sex on legs is that formation. 

So using our existing players, I know we will be bringing others in, but as of now, they are unknown, we could line up like this

Westwood

Hutchinson

Lees

Loovens

Hunt

Lee

Abdi

Bannan

Reach

Forestieri

Hooper

Guest Arnold

CB We have loovens and lees so I'd say we would need a minimum of two as hutch could fill it at a push

Wing backs we have Reach, pudil and fox on the left which is enough

Right we have hunt and Palmer so another is required

For CM we have Lee, Hutchinson, Bannan, Jones, Abdi. So possibly one more needed 

FF, Rhodes, Fletcher and Hooper up top so enough there 

So to me if we were to play this way we would need

2/3 CB

1 RB

1 CM

Anything else would be a bonus. 

Guest Arnold
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

It still makes lavishing £10m on Rhodes seem just as crazy, with only a bit part role envisaged in this system

How would he be a bit part? He will lead the line up top FF or Hopper off him. 

2 minutes ago, billyblack said:

I would love us to play 352. To do this we need two new CB's, maybe 3. I wouldnt play Hutch at CB. Too much of a red card liability. I would have kept sasso to reduce our CB requirements.

Hutchinson is actually less of a red card liability when he plays centre back.

39 minutes ago, Arnold said:

How would he be a bit part? He will lead the line up top FF or Hopper off him. 

Theres no sign that he is capable of leading the line He did it on the odd occasion last season, but although he put in the effort, he was hardly a success We certainly didn't need to pay that sort of money for someone to lead the line

Guest Arnold
2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Hutchinson is actually less of a red card liability when he plays centre back.

Hutch could drop to cb then sign Ayala and Hanley or similar. Williams or Irvine or both signed for CM. I'm unsure who I would have to challenge hunt at RB. I don't think it would suit Palmer. 

Guest Arnold
Just now, gurujuan said:

Theres no sign that he is capable of leading the line He did it on the odd occasion last season, but although he put in the effort, he was hardly a success We certainly didn't need to pay that sort of money for someone to lead the line

We paid that money as he is the most prolific championship striker. We just need to play to suit him or he needs to adapt. Either way you dont become a bad player overnight. He will come good but a change of style needs to be implemented. 

Guest Arnold
Just now, Sonny said:

Excellent news, if true, which it probably isn't. Solves a lot of problems with some good recruitment.

I think so. It solves more problems than it creates. 

5 minutes ago, Arnold said:

Hutch could drop to cb then sign Ayala and Hanley or similar. Williams or Irvine or both signed for CM. I'm unsure who I would have to challenge hunt at RB. I don't think it would suit Palmer. 

Who would have said Victor Moses would be an awesome wingback.??

Palmer may surprise a few.!!