If this doesnt get you up for it, lets give it them

Just now, ANDY said:

@skinner05

did you find it a tad embarrassing that you couldn't sell out your biggest game in a generation ?

Not one bit, given all Town fans are fully aware of the size of our support/fan base. We are a Town of approx 140,000 people and therefore our attendances stack up very well

Take Sheffield, 600,000 population and a two team City. That gives you a damn sight more folk to go at yet your average attendance this season was only 7000 more than ours. 

2 hours ago, Saxondale said:

Yes that was reported numerous times. Even Steve Bruce said something like "I don't know what it was that they were singing but it was deafening." Or something like that. You've only got to watch the game back to listen to it and to the commentators saying how tremendous our support was time and time again. Just another case of a gimp on the internet making something up to suit his own agenda. Or to put it another way, complete bolllocks.

I think the band (or the drum at least) helped massively. We all seemed to be singing the same song, because we all knew we what everyone was signing cos of the band.

Wembley is so you could have 3 or 4 different chants going at the same time, that's why its a bobbar atmosphere.

1 minute ago, skinner05 said:

Not one bit, given all Town fans are fully aware of the size of our support/fan base. We are a Town of approx 140,000 people and therefore our attendances stack up very well

Take Sheffield, 600,000 population and a two team City. That gives you a damn sight more folk to go at yet your average attendance this season was only 7000 more than ours. 

I didn't mention average attendances, just wondered why you only sold 18,000 tickets for your biggest game in 45 years

4 minutes ago, skinner05 said:

This unbelievable atmosphere against Hull didn't do much good did it? Your players crumbled under the pressure

Be interesting to see if they can handle it better this time around 

I wouldn't say they crumbled. We lost a tight game 1-0 thanks to a moment of brilliance from Diame 

Crumbling would be losing 5-1, like Huddersfield did against man city in the cup earlier this year

Just now, Stoop said:

I wouldn't say they crumbled. We lost a tight game 1-0 thanks to a moment of brilliance from Diame 

Crumbling would be losing 5-1, like Huddersfield did against man city in the cup earlier this year

garymegson

1 minute ago, Stoop said:

Or against Fulham, Cardiff and Bristol City in the last few weeks.

2 minutes ago, skinner05 said:

Huddersfield avg attendance - 20,343

Sheffield avg attendance - 49,023

Trot on pal

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Huddersfield avg attendance - 20,343

Sheffield avg attendance - 49,023

Trot on pal

That means 8% of Sheffield turn out to support your clubs while 14% of Huddersfield turns out to support us

Maybe your marketing department need to work a bit harder

Just now, ANDY said:

@skinner05

I'm honestly not sure. Can only put it down to Sunday 12pm kick off and being on Sky

We had more fans turn out for our play off semi final in League Two against Lincoln. Maybe they're more attractive for the fair weather fan to watch than Wednesday 

5 minutes ago, skinner05 said:

That means 8% of Sheffield turn out to support your clubs while 14% of Huddersfield turns out to support us

Maybe your marketing department need to work a bit harder

Total Testicles .... ok hotshot - compare attendances over the last 10/15 years , where we have been total s****, down in league one etc..

You're having a season in the sun where your support has grown. Good luck you you but Do not compare like for like over one season (where we're still above you), cast your net a bit wider and see the results over a long period ...

2 minutes ago, Mr Mercury said:

Total Testicles .... ok hotshot - compare attendances over the last 10/15 years , where we have been total s****, down in league one etc..

You're having a season in the sun where your support has grown. Good luck you you but Do not compare like for like over one season (where we're still above you), cast your net a bit wider and see the results over a long period ...

You have been total bobbar? 

Try being a Town fan for the last 45 years and then talk to me about total bobbar. If we continue our upward curve then we will continue to grow our fanbase 

1 minute ago, skinner05 said:

You have been total bobbar? 

Try being a Town fan for the last 45 years and then talk to me about total bobbar. If we continue our upward curve then we will continue to grow our fanbase 

Sure you will but don't come on quoting percentages and staticstics and after one decent season, you just look an arse.

i'll quote you one stat - 2008 - owls average attendance , over 21000, udders, over 9000.... dya wanna re jig your percentages of city/support now ?