Wednesdayite Car Park

3 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

So if you lot aren't stood with you high vis on collecting money off fellow fans what would that land be doing on a normal match day?

Well right now, Id imagine Jaguar would turn it into private property, and clamp and fine any car parked on it, then charge hundred quid to release it. Usually what companies with spare land do

Guest Theboylangers
Just now, vulva said:

I'm parking my car on the South Stand bridge on Wednesday. 

Its free. 

I've heard they're opening up the 'in the river' parking down below as well. Also free but unfortunately no charity cash. And your car might get a bit wet. 

Sorry why is there an argument here? 

Seriously, don't get it.

So land owner charges rent, Wednesdayite charge a reasonable parking fee, of seven quid.(10 quid any other ground, that close to the ground) land owner gets paid rest goes to charity.

Don't see the problem.

Seriously.

Just now, Maddogbob said:

Seriously, don't get it.

So land owner charges rent, Wednesdayite charge a reasonable parking fee, of seven quid.(10 quid any other ground, that close to the ground) land owner gets paid rest goes to charity.

Don't see the problem.

Seriously.

Call me Poirot, but I've a nagging feeling that Wednesdayite may be the underlying issue here.  

3 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Seriously, don't get it.

Don't see the problem.

Seriously.

Illuminati and agendas or some such from what I can tell

Just now, vulva said:

Call me Poirot, but I've a nagging feeling that Wednesdayite may be the underlying issue here.  

Yeah, I guessed so. However the fantastic work they have done over the years generating money for charity via the carpark is not the stick to beat Wednesdayite with.

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

never use it but 7 quid doesn't seem excessive for where it is ....I can remember going to arsenal in the late 90s and them charging a tenner to park in the middle of a road

Neither do I tbf, getting out for me is a nightmare. So I park further away an have a nice walk to the ground. Which I quite like and I'm able to do.

Edited by Maddogbob

4 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Neither do I tbf, getting out for me is a nightmare. So I park further away an have a nice walk to the ground. Which I quite like and I'm able to do.

Nobody uses it , its a rip off ......... oh hang on , I may be wrong with that . 

20 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

we have a nice walk down to the ground as well ...it's  walk back up Halifax road that's the killer .