Wednesdayite Car Park

All the money goes to help the club and charity , e.g. smile tickets , development squad etc etc . 

as opposed to paying to park at the dog track that all goes into our ex chairmans pocket . 

£6.00 for members and even cheaper if you get a season ticket also disabled  used to be free or subsidised . 

But hey its something to criticise  if it makes you feel better . 

6 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

All the money goes to help the club and charity , e.g. smile tickets , development squad etc etc . 

as opposed to paying to park at the dog track that all goes into our ex chairmans pocket . 

£6.00 for members and even cheaper if you get a season ticket also disabled  used to be free or subsidised . 

But hey its something to criticise  if it makes you feel better

Typical Wednesdayite response when questions are asked

Not sure how you can actually charge for disabled parking btw

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/home/parking/blue-badge-parking

£7 is too expensive and is just ripping off felllow fans

Guest mkowl
44 minutes ago, owls-swfc said:

Was working away in Leicester about 5 years ago - and went down M1 to see MK. dons v owls in midweek match after work (just me in car - no shared fuel /parking fee) was gutted that had to park for about £8 in a quagmire of mud in their official car park ..F.. kin disgrace even then,  no parking lanes, uneven ground - don't know what price it is now.. God forbid  if even tarmacked. 

#Stillangrymad! 

The good news it's now tarmacked. Just pretend you are going to the cinema there and park for nowt

2 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Not sure what planet you are on. Do you drive a car? Went to Doncaster today. Parked up in the Frenchgate. 2 hours, £3.90. John Lewis is thick end of £18 for the day. The one next to Crucible is probably more. 

This car park is 20 yards from the ground. Parking is a nightmare around the ground. Any profits go to Wednesday linked charities/tickets. 

WTF, exactly, would you pay?

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

Not sure what planet you are on. Do you drive a car? Went to Doncaster today. Parked up in the Frenchgate. 2 hours, £3.90. John Lewis is thick end of £18 for the day. The one next to Crucible is probably more. 

This car park is 20 yards from the ground. Parking is a nightmare around the ground. Any profits go to Wednesday linked charities/tickets. 

WTF, exactly, would you pay?

Exactly, and dont even mention trying to park at a f*cking hospital if you need to visit one, they pretty much amputate arms and legs

1 hour ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Lovely. Wednesday night will be perfect for some post - game dogging action. 

I'll be in my maroon Ford Sierra.

I prefer my Mark one Capri Ghia when on a night out in Greno Woods .

9 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

I am not even a member of Wednesdayite . 

Just now, marcx666 said:

Exactly, and dont even mention trying to park at a f*cking hospital if you need to visit one, they pretty much amputate arms and legs

Best team we've had for 20 years, on the cusp of the Premier League. Spending £10m on strikers and 35,000 in the ground on Wednesday, sold out for a week. 

And some bellyache about a car park, run by Wednesday fans, to benefit Wednesday fans. For a couple of quid. 

Tell you what, let's look into funding a hovercraft across Penistone Road, free of charge, so they don't have to walk it. Or a tunnel, with Moët passed to fans as they walk it. Free chocolates. Dancing bears. Only Fools and Horses on big screens. Nice dogs, jumping through hoops. Babies laughing. Piped in coffee smells. Olly Murs singing My Way, dressed as Evil Knieval. 

Anything to keep em happy. flipping anything. Absolutely flipping anything. 

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

Best team we've had for 20 years, on the cusp of the Premier League. Spending £10m on strikers and 35,000 in the ground on Wednesday, sold out for a week. 

And some bellyache about a car park, run by Wednesday fans, to benefit Wednesday fans. For a couple of quid. 

Tell you what, let's look into funding a hovercraft across Penistone Road, free of charge, so they don't have to walk it. Or a tunnel, with Moët passed to fans as they walk it. Free chocolates. Dancing bears. Only Fools and Horses on big screens. Nice dogs, jumping through hoops. Babies laughing. Piped in coffee smells. Olly Murs singing My Way, dressed as Evil Knieval. 

Ill pay 50 quid to not have Olly Murs anywhere near me

Also the price is determined by the price charged by Jaguar estates since they purchased the land , i believe when it was rented off Tesco it was cheaper rent . 

Do you think they own it or get it for free ?? 

As i say just another thing to criticise . Sad man 

1 minute ago, vulva said:

And some bellyache about a car park, run by Wednesday fans, to benefit Wednesday fans. For a couple of quid

Run by Wednesday fans ripping off Wednesday fans. £7 is way too much for that land. Even charge disabled as per a post further up.

Just now, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Run by Wednesday fans ripping off Wednesday fans. £7 is way too much for that land. Even charge disabled as per a post further up.

It's a car park. 

You do not have to park there. 

Do you drive?

Guest Deleted member

A lot of the usual knobs jumping to the usual tired conclusions

Since the change in ownership of the car park from Tesco to the current property developer a rent has been payable, i believe this season it was in the region of £20k. That's why prices went up.

Disabled permit holders pay a much reduced charge, as I recall it is around £45 for the entire season.

The car park is staffed entirely by people who don't take a single penny, and never have, for using the car park to raise funds for charities, community projects and SWFC community projects. And has done from day 1.

This isn't new information. It's regularly posted every single time another numpty pops up with the same criticisms

Edited by Deleted member

Just now, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

You don't grasp the concept of supply and demand do you .

Packed every match , what a rip off !

Guest Deleted member
4 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Looking forward to seeing your apology numpty

4 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

How much would you pay?

Guest Deleted member
4 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Also the price is determined by the price charged by Jaguar estates since they purchased the land , i believe when it was rented off Tesco it was cheaper rent . 

Do you think they own it or get it for free ?? 

As i say just another thing to criticise . Sad man 

Sorry. You posted this while i was typing

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

A lot of the usual knobs jumping to the usual tired conclusions

Since the change in ownership of the car park from Tesco to the current property developer a tent has been payable, i believe this season it was in the region of £20k. That's why prices went up.

Disabled permit holders pay a much reduced charge, as I recall it is around £45 for the entire season.

The car park is staffed entirely by people who don't take a single penny, and never have, for using the car park to raise funds for charities, community projects and SWFC community projects. And has done from day 1.

This isn't new information. It's regularly posted every single time another numpty pops up with the same criticisms

Why am I a knob/ numpty for asking questions?

Why are disabled charged if they have a blue badge?

Plenty more knobs in Wednesdayite, in fact I think it's a requisite 

Guest Deleted member
1 minute ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Why am I a knob/ numpty for asking questions?

Why are disabled charged if they have a blue badge?

Plenty more knobs in Wednesdayite, in fact I think it's a requisite 

You weren't asking questions you were making accusations without knowing facts

Just clarified. Disabled works out at £3 a game