First Game of the Season

All this balls about being more or less of a fan depending on how many games you go to really gets my back up.

I had a season ticket for years in the late 90's/early 2000's,  but these days I'm lucky if I can make 1 game a year! 

Everyone has different circumstances. It could be money, family, work, health or any number of things that impacts being able to go. NOBODY has the right to tell them they aren't a "real fan".

I bet most people who can't go, desperately wish they could!

Get off your high horses. We're all Wednesday aren't we?

4 hours ago, darklord said:

My third game.  Hoping is better than the last two. Ipswich and wolves! 

Only managed one game last year and that was Wembley! 

Mind I am 40 and only managed about  6 games in my life lol.

Haven't seen us win for about 4 years '

You seem the ideal fan that needs therefore, to fork out £35000 on an exec box.

Flexible payment plans are available. 

23 hours ago, torryowl said:

we have pride that we took 40k to Wembley but to do that we have to have quite a few that probably make it  there only game of the year ......got to be better taking some along for the ride than just the regular 30k who go on fairly regular basis .

More the merrier I say. For the big home games those who really deserve priority have it 

First game this season was friendly against Benfica. Loved it. First time I'd been to Hillsborough in over twenty years  (personal reasons). Since then I've been to nineteen matches this season and just treated myself to a season ticket for next time. 

I live 240 miles away and have to admit that I haven't been to a home game this season. Did last but not this.

I have a wife and 4 kids who demand my attention and a whole day out watching Wednesday just doesn't work. Been to games down South but not to Hillsborough. I do listen on player and follow the MTD on here. 

We all do what we can.

WAWAW.

Edited by jamthesun

6 minutes ago, jamthesun said:

I live 240 miles away and have to admit that I haven't been to a home game this season. Did last but not this.

I have a wife and 4 kids who demand my attention and a whole day out watching Wednesday just doesn't work. Been to games down South but not to Hillsborough. I do listen on player and follow the MTD on here. 

We all do what we can.

WAWAW.

Oh and anyone who tells me I'm not "a proper fan" can roger right off!

Season ticket holder in 03/04 & 04/05 during the dark days of League one.

last game was Wembley final for me. In the last year we have got married and bought our first home so money has been in very short supply for anything other than basics. Finally just managed first trip to cinema in 18 months last week.

Sometimes life demands priorities elsewhere but always will be an owl through and through.

Just got to convince the mrs we deserve a weekend away in London around May 29th should we make the final.

On 2017-5-10 at 20:59, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

It's now that time of the season again when the Play Off Semi and potentially a Final.

So come on lets be honest - who is about to attend their first game of the season ???

about next season.

On 2017-5-10 at 20:59, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

Already had girl at work asking what her chances of getting a ticket to Wembley are.  Her last game - yes, last seasons final !!

Everyone. All the matches so far have been staffed by TV extras and robots and shop window dummies.

I thought this was a clairvoyance thread about the first game next season.

Anyway, who could make Sunday's game their FIRST game this season unless they are in the Mafia or the Bildeberg group? YOU CANNOT GET A TICKET FOR LOVE NOR MONEY!!!!!!

Guest addedtime
On 2017-5-10 at 21:26, Holmes said:

So what's better a fan (fanatic) or a supporter?

That's a thread I started last year. The difference between a fan and a supporter. I must dig it out. 

What does it matter if it's someone's first game of the season or first ever match watching the Wednesday? We all had to start somewhere for our first match. My first match was Wembley last season and I bloody loved it, so much infact that I decided to buy a season ticket for this season and I'm hoping to do so again next.

On 10/05/2017 at 21:29, torryowl said:

we have pride that we took 40k to Wembley but to do that we have to have quite a few that probably make it  there only game of the year ......got to be better taking some along for the ride than just the regular 30k who go on fairly regular basis .

Totally agree, I've made this point to people myself. We like to brag about how we are massive and how many we take to to Wembley, etc but this wouldn't be the case without a decent amount of 'fair weather fans/part timers' or whatever you want to call them. Only issue I'd ever have with that is if there wasn't a priority system in place to reward regulars, fortunately there is.