On The Cusp Of Something Great

Good post. I also remember much of that history. We really have gone through more lows than highs and I hope you are right in saying we are on the cusp of something exciting. Following Wednesday for most of my life, and having had more disappointments than I care to remember,  I dare not allow myself to think much beyond Saturday at the moment. I just hope that train journey back from Ipswich will be a very satisfying one. UTO.

I've been watching the Owls since about 1964.  I can recall all the highlights and low-lights mentioned in the OP.  The Blackburn away game when Mellor scored the winner, late in the game was also memorable for a picture that appeared in some media or other (no internet then) of a group of guys kissing a sign in a small town / village called Mellor, somewhere in Lancashire.

Still one of the highlights to me though was Wednesday 5 Man Utd 4 - 31 August 1968.  Their team had all the stars who had won the European Cup the previous season,  - Charlton, Law, Best, Stiles etc etc.

And yes - we may be on the cusp of something really great - it's just so sad to me that the Sky money (and BT etc) has now ruined the game to some significant extent.

First Wednesday match I ever got to was against Brentford at Hillsborough in 2004 - lost 2-1 in a pretty dire introduction for me. There's been a lot of rubbish to wade through since then, but getting to watch us beat Wycombe to get promoted in 2012 and the playoff finals last year have been a nice taste of something amazing.

There's not been a lot of excitement from Wednesday in my 21 years, but it really is an exciting time to be an Owl right now. Let's see where the next few years take us

I was thinking this the other day, if you are under, say 25 you have not really ever known Wednesday be this good whereas us of a few more years remember the early 90's fondly and by the answers given here some remember earlier good times. Funny how you only really consider your own Wednesday history.