CONSOLATION BET

2 hours ago, Dizzys Dad said:

I want to put a substantial bet on Wednesday not making the play offs.

Not that I think they won't, but it will make missing out more bearable, if I'm off to the bookies for a few hundred quid the following morning, and I don't mind losing the bet if we get through. Being let down over the years, makes me feel we can f**k even the best situations up.

Only problem is, I can't find anywhere to put the bet on.

Does anyone know which bookmakers will take the bet. Should be decent odds surely?

Go on Betfair exchange and lay them at 1.08 , i.e. Win £100 for an £8 stake 

Good example here from last season in the prem, if you had bet £10 on your team to win, for every game of the season:

https://pitchinvasion.net/bet-pl-team-win-every-game-season/

Based on this year I reckon we would have odds similar to Man U? Around that position most of the year. Bookies always win against the better teams (except that freak 5000/1 obv)

Edited by BowOwl

5 hours ago, Dizzys Dad said:

I want to put a substantial bet on Wednesday not making the play offs.

Not that I think they won't, but it will make missing out more bearable, if I'm off to the bookies for a few hundred quid the following morning, and I don't mind losing the bet if we get through. Being let down over the years, makes me feel we can f**k even the best situations up.

Only problem is, I can't find anywhere to put the bet on.

Does anyone know which bookmakers will take the bet. Should be decent odds surely?

Betfair.  You can lay the bet (act as bookmaker).  So you let somebody bet that Wednesday will make the play offs and you take their money and give them odds.  For instance you offer 1.2 (decimal odds) on Wednesday making the play offs.  Somebody bets £100.  This means you make £100 if we don't get in.  You pay out £20 if we do.

Looking at putting £10 on us to draw or lose against Ipswich and Leeds to beat Norwich. Odds on Bet365 were 2.99/1 on a double.

If this happened i would get around £39 (including my stake) to put on final day double of a Leeds win and Wednesday to draw or lose against Fulham. Can't find odds on this yet but guessing similar so would be over £120 up if we miss out.

As an added bonus, this could still pay out and we do make the play-offs - two draws for us so something towards a weekend at Wembley!

6 hours ago, apswfcowl said:

Looking at putting £10 on us to draw or lose against Ipswich and Leeds to beat Norwich. Odds on Bet365 were 2.99/1 on a double.

If this happened i would get around £39 (including my stake) to put on final day double of a Leeds win and Wednesday to draw or lose against Fulham. Can't find odds on this yet but guessing similar so would be over £120 up if we miss out.

As an added bonus, this could still pay out and we do make the play-offs - two draws for us so something towards a weekend at Wembley!

Just placed £10 on this at 3/1. Hope i lose!

So people think that money is a substitute for the happiness of seeing your team do well? I'd rather sulk and wallow in self pity than bet against my own team.