Sam Winnall ?

36 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Winnall was always a bit of a meh signing.

Disagree. Winnall, like Hourihane would have been, was a player bang in form signed from a rival for the playoffs. Unfortunately for him it just turned out in the end that we could snap up a striker who is a lot better than Sam in Jordan Rhodes. 

12 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Cant argue with results...........but Winnall is a much better option off the bench than Nuhiu IMHO.

Scores one or two with his head as well :biggrin:

If you have tried Rhodes, Hooper and Fletch for 75 minutes and it's not working, I don't see what Sam does that they don't already do better.

Nuhiu by contrast is a total change of tack. 

Guest Deleted member
13 hours ago, handworth52 said:

was a joke that winnall was not included at wkd , yes nuhiu did a job against Cardiff ,but against qpr he didn't win anything if fact he was embarrassing bad as usual we ended up going backwards instead of finishing them off on break and a player like winnall would be a much better option, you cant sign a player give him 18k a week scores against Barnsley then cast him off.

Obviously you mean apart from when Nuhiu won the ball at the corner flag, nutmegged  their defender, ran into the box and set up FF in the 6 yard box? 

For me, and Carlos it seems, Hooper is the shoe in. He's class and a case can be made for him to partner any of the other strikers. 

On paper it should be Rhodes but we still seem to struggle with the concept of playing crosses in which is limiting his goalscoring chances. 

6 minutes ago, Herb said:

For me, and Carlos it seems, Hooper is the shoe in. He's class and a case can be made for him to partner any of the other strikers. 

On paper it should be Rhodes but we still seem to struggle with the concept of playing crosses in which is limiting his goalscoring chances. 

When Lee is back I think we will see how good Rhodes is. At the moment he's feeding off scraps because the midfield don't feed him. With Lee breaking the lines, he'll be able to get up and interlink with Rhodes far more effectively than anyone else is at the moment. 

Even Hooper is some distance away from Rhodes on most attacks. Rhodes needs someone close to him to work with. Lee also seems to encourage greater play in and around the opposition's box - something which again Rhodes thrives on.