Sam Winnall ?

I think he'll be back on the bench against Derby and Fulham, it's just a shame for him that Hooper has come back and Fletcher's hit a bit of form. But obviously good for us. Nuhiu was probably needed against a physical Cardiff team, and he'll get the nod I'm sure at Portman Road. 

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I think he'll be back on the bench against Derby and Fulham, it's just a shame for him that Hooper has come back and Fletcher's hit a bit of form. But obviously good for us. Nuhiu was probably needed against a physical Cardiff team, and he'll get the nod I'm sure at Portman Road. 

To be fair I think Winnall new exactly who was in our squad, and who we were after. He wanted to be apart of that, and he still has a big part to play.   UTO 

I hope it works out for him and let's be honest it's far too early to write him off.

You get the feeling though he's the sort of striker we would have given anything to sign 2 years ago, but probably not quite going to be good enough for what we want to achieve now.

Guest Bagarri
28 minutes ago, SWFCLee said:

In a perfect world the lad should never be anywhere near a starting slot for us. In the pecking order of options he probably sits next to big Dave. Was clearly a panic buy given striker issues at the time and also probably shows the Rhodes deal didn't look likely until near the deadline. 

What a great position to be in too! Imagine, a club that goes for it. I'm certainly happy having him waiting in the wings and wouldn't be gutted to see him put in at any time, if Carlos sees fit.

Personally I rate him higher than Rhodes, I think he works harder but it's because of the price tag and reputation forces Carlos to give Rhodes the nod, I really like him as a player and would like to see him play but Carlos knows as this stage of the season changing the team too much is idiotic 

6 minutes ago, Lee A said:

I hope it works out for him and let's be honest it's far too early to write him off.

You get the feeling though he's the sort of striker we would have given anything to sign 2 years ago, but probably not quite going to be good enough for what we want to achieve now.

What a load of rubbish!!!   Nothing wrong with San Winnall mate.    UTO 

4 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

What a load of rubbish!!!   Nothing wrong with San Winnall mate.    UTO 

There's a big jump from "nothing wrong with him" to him being good enough for a team aiming for the PL though.

Like I said, way too early to write him off because he's clearly a decent player, but it remains to be seen whether it works out for him here and if he's able to make the step up,  we don't know yet.

Also UTO Kev

Edited by Lee A

Think we signed him for one of two reasons;

1 - because we needed a striker but didn't think we'd be getting Rhodes but we couldn't pass up the opportunity not to sign Rhodes.

2- because Hooper was injured, now he's back he plays.

I don't think Winall will get much of a look in when everyone is fit, 5th choice at best.

Been left out of the match day squad by Carlos for Nuhiu and he has been justified in doing so. 

Deserves massive praise for that in my opinion as it has proved to be the correct decision. 

We all know if it had gone wrong this would have been the first thing we all looked to blame Carlos for.

2 minutes ago, Lee A said:

There's a big jump from "nothing wrong with him" to him being good enough for a team aiming for the PL though.

Like I said, way too early to write him off because he's clearly a decent player, but it remains to be seen whether it works out for him here and if he's able to make the step up,  we don't know yet.

Also UTO Kev

Sorry mate my reply should have been a little better, it just gets at me when people say can he make the step up ? Of course he can he's a quality player, we obviously outbid other interested teams to get his services.  He will get his chance again.  UTO.   

By the way UTO Lee