If you want stripes back then don't buy the new shirt - consumer market force in'it

I'm willing to bet come the opening match at Hillsborough, thousands will be wearing it. I think loads will want it purely because it's our 150th anniversary kit. 

If we go up it will of course 

this time it isn't to my knowledge attached to a ST deal so it will be bought as a novelty 

Club true fans i dare you to be honest -c lose your eyes think of the Owls taking the pitch what do you see?  I see us playing in stripes - some will support anything a capricious owner does as long as he puts money into the club 

I don't he's bought the deeds to the club only 

Is this shirt actually official in it's design yet?  We might actually like it and could be more Wednesday than what we think n have a real retro look to it. The tops the players come out in or similar to the designs on here n people liketld those so......... Let's just wait and see

I'm willing to bet come the opening match at Hillsborough, thousands will be wearing it. I think loads will want it purely because it's our 150th anniversary kit. 

This isn't our anniversary kit. No one in their right mind would view our previous kits and choose the only solid blue kit.

It was unpopular, we never won anything in it, it wasn't chosen during our early years. 

Chansiri has picked it because he wants an all blue kit. You do realise we have a near all blue kit this season - this should be your biggest clue to the real motivation for next season near all blue kit.

Much like weddings guests at some remote hall in the wilderness, it is the case of the captive market. 

They only have cheap fizzy lager , and flat warm tasteless beer that is about a day off turning into vinegar.

It's £6 a pint! 

The heart sinks.

But the place still sells gallons and gallons and gallons of it and charge what they want because...

Because.....well, it's a wedding isn't it. You have to have a drink. 

Same principle.

Edited by Lord Snooty

Has anyone stood at the corner of the kop and the South recently?  If they have, they will have seen a variety of  stripes, pinstripes, and yes, many wearing the 'old'/new design. One thing is certain, there is no unanimity among the shirt buyers. Even the club badge varies from wearer to wearer. Apparently, despite the flak that the new pin stripe design has come in for, many are cheerfully wearing it, and lots appear to have bought the black and orange away shirts, especially for their kids! My own personal favourite is a blue shirt with a grey 'V' on the front at the collar. It's a Puma design purchased from the club shop around the time we were playing in blue & white stripes with the SCC logo on the front. Obviously, not many were sold since I have not seen its like.

If the new shirt is something like this I will be buying it because I love it.

Owls%20shirt_zpsv9mlrtad.jpg

Don't understand the love-in with blue and white shirts and black shorts meself.

If the players enter the field in the first home match of the season with long white sleeves , I may consider that they have - however misguidedly, gone for the 60's kit.

Short sleeves will confirm that it's more about getting rid of the stripes, than a nod to Alan Browns promising side.

PS- It might be time to change your avatar. We don't want Ozzie being lumped in with the dinosaurs!

Edited by Lord Snooty
post scriptum

Still not with you, I'm afraid.

I don't own an iPhone, nor did I take that screenshot on a phone of any kind.

Why are we having this conversation!?

:duntmatter:

It seems i'm the only one on my wavelength, i'll give up now then. lol 

If the players enter the field in the first home match of the season with long white sleeves , I may consider that they have - however misguidedly, gone for the 60's kit.

Short sleeves will confirm that it's more about getting rid of the stripes, than a nod to Alan Browns promising side.

PS- It might be time to change your avatar. We don't want Ozzie being lumped in with the dinosaurs!

Hey you're right about my avatar I'm going to change it thanks for highlighting. :biggrin:

EDIT:

Might wait while the official kit change though. 

Edited by Owl_80

It might be time to change your avatar. We don't want Ozzie being lumped in with the dinosaurs!

Why does it have to be long sleeved now?

58f4a9c82bfd2_OwlsKit1960s.jpg.a472382a17e9a7695e086fbc1f222742.jpg

correct me if I'm wrong  wasn't  the 'official anniversary kit' the one designed by a fan ?

the one we wear next year, presumably the ipswich one, just happens to be the one we wear on the anniversary conveniently for DC's billboard ambitions.

to me this is all wrong surely the first kit  if we are going in house could have been designed by the fans - not the 3rd kit

correct me if I'm wrong  wasn't  the 'official anniversary kit' the one designed by a fan ?

the one we wear next year, presumably the ipswich one, just happens to be the one we wear on the anniversary conveniently for DC's billboard ambitions.

to me this is all wrong surely the first kit  if we are going in house could have been designed by the fans - not the 3rd kit

Because 99% of entries would have been blue and white stripes and our owner doesn't want them :columbo:

Why does it have to be long sleeved now?

58f4a9c82bfd2_OwlsKit1960s.jpg.a472382a17e9a7695e086fbc1f222742.jpg

You know as well as I they wore those short sleeves in this shot because of the humidity out there in south America!! You rotter! 

Anyway. The point is...because unless it is coming plain, with no 'piping', 'air venting', 'two tone', sponsorless, badge less, then it will be an Ipswich kit.

If they are going to do it, they may aswell go the whole hog and do it right.

Image result for don megson

I didn't like this season's kit so I didn't buy it but loads of people have done. If I like next season's kit, I will probably buy it because I like the idea of seeing us in the 'white sleeves' for a season. However, if after that we start wearing solid blue, I'm pretty unlikely to purchase another kit until we get stripes back.

That said, the OP's point is sound. Don't like it? Want it to change? Don't buy it, and discourage others from doing so. Especially if it's just because "it's the new one".

EDIT: so can we decide if blue with white sleeves is an Ipswich kit, or if blue with white pinstripes is? How can it be both?

Edited by daftpenguin