If you want stripes back then don't buy the new shirt - consumer market force in'it

Most Wednesday fans don't buy any of our kits, do they?

As for next season's: we'll just have to wait and see how it sells compared to recent kits to gauge the overall feelings of the fanbase.

Ah but don't forget the portion of fans this season that have been physically forced to pay out £60 of their own money to buy a shirt they don't like, that has contributed to record sales 

Ah but don't forget the portion of fans this season that have been physically forced to pay out £60 of their own money to buy a shirt they don't like, that has contributed to record sales 

:duntmatter:

I'm informed (in the other lengthy new kit thread) that plenty of people do apparently part with their hard-earned cash for kits they don't like. I've never known it happen myself, but several posters tell me it's fairly common.

Personally, if I don't like a shirt, I don't buy it. The season before this one, I went to the club shop planning to buy the home shirt; thought it looked cheap and crap, so bought the black and blue away kit and a retro home shirt instead.

If I like the new shirt; I might buy it. If I don't; I won't.

I know people have mixed opinions about this shirt... And some are saying it's only a shirt ect ect. The issue I have is that I think this is what our shirts will be as long as Chansiri owns the club.

If he made a statement and said that this was a one off and he had plans to revert back to stripes then I'd be happy and I'd probably buy it knowing that it was a one off. BUT if fans are happy knowing that if they support the change in style and support the kit design then it could result in Sheffield Wednesday being a team that doesn't play in blue and white stripes then so be it.

If it doesn't get questioned by fans and it's allowed to just happen the question as a Wednesday fan is.. Would you be happy to see sheffield wednesday play without stripes for the foreseeable future? Because I'm not...

I'm willing to bet come the opening match at Hillsborough, thousands will be wearing it. I think loads will want it purely because it's our 150th anniversary kit. 

In our 150th anniversary year I would hope most fans will wear a kit that reflects the identity of Sheffield Wednesday.

Basically any shirt from a previous season as long as it's...

Blue and white stripes. 

Does it really matter that much? 

If we play the next 20 years without stripes will you stop going to games? If we're in the premier league and playing the best football we've seen at Hillsborough in a generation will you be sat with your arms folded complaining how it doesn't count because the players are wearing plain blue outfits?

How many variations of a striped shirt can you have? A thinner stripe here, a thicker stripe there. With a collar, without a collar. Maybe a flash here and there? It's not as if we haven't tried something different in the past.  Indeed the proposed shirt design for next year is an old one. I just think for some it's a chance to have a pop at DC and make out he's another foreign owner who's meddling with a club's traditions when that's not really the case. Like I've said before some of our fans would probably prefer watching your Ashley Westwood's, Craig Armstrong's and Kim Olsen's, relegation battle after relegation battle and eventually League One football again. Well I want to see us in the premier league again and it's 17 years and counting since we were last there and if the person funding the club towards this goal wants us to play in varying styles of blue and white shirts then I can live with that.

How many variations of a striped shirt can you have? A thinner stripe here, a thicker stripe there. With a collar, without a collar. Maybe a flash here and there? It's not as if we haven't tried something different in the past.  Indeed the proposed shirt design for next year is an old one. I just think for some it's a chance to have a pop at DC and make out he's another foreign owner who's meddling with a club's traditions when that's not really the case. Like I've said before some of our fans would probably prefer watching your Ashley Westwood's, Craig Armstrong's and Kim Olsen's, relegation battle after relegation battle and eventually League One football again. Well I want to see us in the premier league again and it's 17 years and counting since we were last there and if the person funding the club towards this goal wants us to play in varying styles of blue and white shirts then I can live with that.

I'd suggest they offer more scope for variation than most football shirts, especially plain ones. But that isn't why he has changed our kit so the point is an odd one to make.

Guest Ash76

The majority you're appealing to wouldn't buy it even if it was stripes, for themselves anyway

I'll buy it for my lad cus I know he'll want it. I nearly didn't this season because of the cost but he's had so much wear out of them that he will have had the money's worth and it's not like any other item of clothing where you can go for an alternative.

While ever we're in blue and white I'm ok with that

Edited by Ash76

Taking it to another level

How cringeworthy is it seeing Cardiff fans wearing their red shirt

Where will it end with us if we allow ourselves to be trodden on?

You know they've their home kit back to blue. The red kit is their away kit. 

Onthe topic of the next kit I think it's a great idea that people only buy the kit if they're happy with it. I'm sure that if it sells really well others who haven't bought it will accept that a lot of people like the new kit and decide that it is unnecessary to continue to complain about it. 

Edited by Miruic