If you want stripes back then don't buy the new shirt - consumer market force in'it

You know as well as I they wore those short sleeves in this shot because of the humidity out there in south America!! You rotter! 

Anyway. The point is...because unless it is coming plain, with no 'piping', 'air venting', 'two tone', sponsorless, badge less, then it will be an Ipswich kit.

If they are going to do it, they may aswell go the whole hog and do it right.

Image result for don megson

To be fair I half agree with you, and the kit doesn't bother me too much myself. Short sleeves I'm fine with, but we need it to be extremely minimalist where possible... No sponsor, badge unobtrusive etc. Not sure we can get away without the Premier League or Championship badge on the sleeve, but the least amount of clutter possible is needed on a retro kit

You know as well as I they wore those short sleeves in this shot because of the humidity out there in south America!! You rotter! 

Anyway. The point is...because unless it is coming plain, with no 'piping', 'air venting', 'two tone', sponsorless, badge less, then it will be an Ipswich kit.

If they are going to do it, they may aswell go the whole hog and do it right.

Image result for don megson

I reckon it'll still be a Wednesday kit.

So Mr C doesn't like stripes but the majority (I believe) of Wednesdayites want them back. The simple answer is not to buy any home shirt that the club release that is not the traditional Wednesday stripe design. If we sell little or non of these then when Mr C asks the fans' steering group why the shirt has sold in so little number, they can politely reply that the fans prefer the traditional stripes. 

If the new shirt sells in numbers then market force tells Mr C he was right and we maybe never see stripes again during his reign as club owner. 

If people are worried about p1551ng off Mr C then we don't have to be aggressive or protest about it; just don't buy any non-striped Wednesday shirt and he should get the message. 

I dont like the Ipswich shirt, so i havnt bought it. 

I have bought EVERY home shirt for the last 30 years , but not this years . And i wont be buying next seasons either. 

Plenty will, but im a stripes man 

In 50 years when we're celebrating our tenth league title in the solid blue at our new ground, Owlstalk's top 5 threads will be:

• ATT OUT
  • Remember when everyone was worried we'd lose our club because of some stripes?
  • David Hirst Jr attracting attention from La Liga teams
  • United just lost to Rotherham in the National League North
  • I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S £23457689 FOR A TICKET

In 50 years when we're celebrating our tenth league title in the solid blue at our new ground, Owlstalk's top 5 threads will be:

• ATT OUT
  • Remember when everyone was worried we'd lose our club because of some stripes?

Quite possibly.

Fortunately I'll be long dead.

I didn't like this season's kit so I didn't buy it but loads of people have done. If I like next season's kit, I will probably buy it because I like the idea of seeing us in the 'white sleeves' for a season. However, if after that we start wearing solid blue, I'm pretty unlikely to purchase another kit until we get stripes back.

That said, the OP's point is sound. Don't like it? Want it to change? Don't buy it, and discourage others from doing so. Especially if it's just because "it's the new one".

EDIT: so can we decide if blue with white sleeves is an Ipswich kit, or if blue with white pinstripes is? How can it be both?

Because in the 80s they wore the pinstripes- at other times like this season they wear the white sleeves. 

• ATT OUT

• New one year contract for Semedo
  • Why can't our cyborgs cross?
  • Rocket parking pathetic at Hillsborough

Guest The Horse

I bought two of this season's shirt and I'll be getting two of next season's as well. 

Purely because I reckon we'll be back in stripes soon enough (no evidence - just a gut feeling) and these recent shirts will be collector's items in years to come and worth a few bob.

Why two? One to wear and one to keep pristine - like with comic books!!

Plus, ya know,  I kinda like these new shirts. But just as a novelty mind. I want the stripes back season after next. 

So Mr C doesn't like stripes but the majority (I believe) of Wednesdayites want them back. The simple answer is not to buy any home shirt that the club release that is not the traditional Wednesday stripe design. If we sell little or non of these then when Mr C asks the fans' steering group why the shirt has sold in so little number, they can politely reply that the fans prefer the traditional stripes. 

If the new shirt sells in numbers then market force tells Mr C he was right and we maybe never see stripes again during his reign as club owner. 

If people are worried about p1551ng off Mr C then we don't have to be aggressive or protest about it; just don't buy any non-striped Wednesday shirt and he should get the message. 

DC knows it's the 150 year special anniversary shirt. He's very clever knowing this will sell regardless. Or he's also very stupid if he thinks majority of fans agree with this. I will buy my 2 lads the new shirt this year, but never again the season after if the stripes don't come back. My head says this is a very good ploy for shirt sales next season and stripes back the year after. If not, I'm out

Most wednesday fans didn't buy stripes either.

i like the all blue with white sleeves ... much prefer stripes though.

wouldnt buy either as I'm 60 and a fat tw@!

Stripes re slimming. Blue and white stripes will make you look much thinner, unfortunately you will still be a tw@t.lol